• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
HO4Q.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
This is a perennially winning color and material combination P. I am a fan of the JPM series of ROO. Congrats. :)

I have had an unfortunate relationship with the JPM. I fell in love with it from the start. So when one came up in M2M I snatched it up. Unfortunately that one has not moved from a Florida postal warehouse since February 2017.

This one came with an issue. The hands were off. Unfortunately the modder that worked on it prior to me acquiring it made a pigs knickers of it. The hour hand was pinched on which forced the hour wheel into the movement. I had it eventually fixed but then it ran like a butcher's dog. A complete overhaul was required and parts replaced. I also had to sacrifice the deco plate as it had an amplitude of 120 with the deco plate on and 290 without it. It now runs like a dream.

All the above issues have soured my relationship with the watch even though I know it will go forever.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have had an unfortunate relationship with the JPM. I fell in love with it from the start. So when one came up in M2M I snatched it up. Unfortunately that one has not moved from a Florida postal warehouse since February 2017.

This one came with an issue. The hands were off. Unfortunately the modder that worked on it prior to me acquiring it made a pigs knickers of it. The hour hand was pinched on which forced the hour wheel into the movement. I had it eventually fixed but then it ran like a butcher's dog. A complete overhaul was required and parts replaced. I also had to sacrifice the deco plate as it had an amplitude of 120 with the deco plate on and 290 without it. It now runs like a dream.

All the above issues have soured my relationship with the watch even though I know it will go forever.

Thank you for sharing!
You know relationships with rep APs will always be such P. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
But at the end of the day she is a beauty to behold and I think that you’re never going to let this one go, especially with such personal history accumulated with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07

I think many of us have had the same story associated with chasing a favorite rep— we’ll acquire several just to come out with one working watch, and end up babying that one through many traumas... we love the drama, makes gen ownership boring by comparison.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I think many of us have had the same story associated with chasing a favorite rep— we’ll acquire several just to come out with one working watch, and end up babying that one through many traumas... we love the drama, makes gen ownership boring by comparison.

I could not agree more. I have had about 200 watches so plenty of drama and then some :) My watchmaker hides when he sees me coming at this stage.

Reactions: Jurgenk
Status
Not open for further replies.