• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You’ve got a good eye. Thanks for explaining the differences. ????

Any average person who spends time studying the gen and rep dials will be able to see the differences, you do not need a loupe or any special equipment to see the differences.
So whenever someone says the black dial is "closest to gen", it is highly subjective. ALL the colored variants of the rep are equally flawed, but perhaps the black obscures the tapisserie imperfections the best. That does not make it closer to gen, but rather, simply making the flaws harder to spot. Its a little like a room with all the trash and stuff strewn around vs one which is equally unkempt, but having all the mess swept under the bed. Both have the equal amount of rubbish, but it is more obviously seen in one, thats all.

Reactions: Allure and Rolemars

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
Any average person who spends time studying the gen and rep dials will be able to see the differences, you do not need a loupe or any special equipment to see the differences.
So whenever someone says the black dial is "closest to gen", it is highly subjective. ALL the colored variants of the rep are equally flawed, but perhaps the black obscures the tapisserie imperfections the best. That does not make it closer to gen, but rather, simply making the flaws harder to spot. Its a little like a room with all the trash and stuff strewn around vs one which is equally unkempt, but having all the mess swept under the bed. Both have the equal amount of rubbish, but it is more obviously seen in one, thats all.

Makes sense. Thanks.

I used to be able to spot differences but being out of the rep game for a while and it becomes harder to spot. Starting to notice things again.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
d2a6a5a0b46b7744c98bf979ee7f5859.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It looks like your bezel was installed incorrectly..? The ceramic brushing seems to be in a horizontal direction rather than vertical...

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
Is that the original HORUS strap or some other brand?

Not Horus, it’s Vagenari. I have the Horus too it’s slighter softer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Not Horus, it’s Vagenari. I have the Horus too it’s slighter softer.

Thanks for the info. I acquired a blue camo HORUS rubber strap a couple of months ago, and I am expecting the rubber around the tang buckle to start fading like I see in your Vagenari Red Camo (a little bit, around your punched hole), but it is still like new. Probably because as you say the Horus is softer.

Aurasash

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/19
Thanks for the info. I acquired a blue camo HORUS rubber strap a couple of months ago, and I am expecting the rubber around the tang buckle to start fading like I see in your Vagenari Red Camo (a little bit, around your punched hole), but it is still like new. Probably because as you say the Horus is softer.

Yes Horus is that tiny bit thinner and softer. That pale whitish part is just a “mark” left by the buckle as it presses against the strap over prolonged use but has not shown any fading at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.