• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
ffcf202cc6faf3f2d2d507785e39c25b.jpg

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Took the rubber bezel off last night and replaced with SS and new screws. I like it!

On gen AP navy hornback.
55a561ea0c02175c96701d36692ffd03.jpg
2a90abf586d74739fd225e95f3ca2769.jpg

You have made an white theme :D beautiful!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
There’s black and white and then there’s grey. Lots of grey.
95e4322d9a0a4203b19217dd2c5d655b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it. Having it on my wrist made me realize much more refined the newer models are.

Reactions: legend

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Please teach me how to recolor AP logo. :) well if you just feel like sharing.

Sure buddy, feel free to ask. If your logo was sand blast you have to sand it out. If your logo just painted, use the solution which composed with acetone to clean it out.

Cheers!!'

Reactions: Tompa

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
I can't stand Mikey classic but that ETA dw is even uglier if possible

Really? for me I think ETA look better than JF stock dw which too narrow. However, just my opinion.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Really? for me I think ETA look better than JF stock dw which too narrow. However, just my opinion.

If you know your APs, you will know that the ETA font is completely wrong for ROOs. But it’s your watch, wear it the way you like it.

Reactions: Allure

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
If you know your APs, you will know that the ETA font is completely wrong for ROOs. But it’s your watch, wear it the way you like it.

Hahaha. If I could find Mikey DW, I'll swap it all my collection.

Thanks Legens

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem

Hahaha. If I could find Mikey DW, I'll swap it all my collection.

Thanks Legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Love it. Having it on my wrist made me realize much more refined the newer models are.
I agree.
The ceramic/titanium model is easy to wear and has its weight distributed in a balanced way. I really do prefer the ceramic pushers/crown/bezel VS the traditional rubber ones. Like you said it does feel and look more refined and contemporary.
The open caseback is an added advantage for owners to admire the movement decoration and details and of course inhibit accurate duplication in reps and frankens. This is why I encourage my friends to get the new generation ROOs instead of the older generation ones. You do not see convincing reps or frankens of them around, if they are even repped at all. I do however like the rep Dark Knight. I think that has been replicated very well even if I own the gen. Here is a casual comparison of the gen vs the rep modded 2018 Dark Knight. I will say that it is a very good reproduction. Of course the usual flaws exist but in real life it’s close. :)
9017a012f2ca212d71bc201ed86a537f.jpg

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I agree.
The ceramic/titanium model is easy to wear and has its weight distributed in a balanced way. I really do prefer the ceramic pushers/crown/bezel VS the traditional rubber ones. Like you said it does feel and look more refined and contemporary.
The open caseback is an added advantage for owners to admire the movement decoration and details and of course inhibit accurate duplication in reps and frankens. This is why I encourage my friends to get the new generation ROOs instead of the older generation ones. You do not see convincing reps or frankens of them around, if they are even repped at all. I do however like the rep Dark Knight. I think that has been replicated very well even if I own the gen. Here is a casual comparison of the gen vs the rep modded 2018 Dark Knight. I will say that it is a very good reproduction. Of course the usual flaws exist but in real life it’s close. :)

Oh man, this is really selling me on the Dark Knight rep now. What mods did you do to yours?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.