• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I like it because of the reserve. Good watch to take when you are travelling. You can take a few and this will always show the right time.

Fair points and understandable. For me, the reserve isn’t an issue. About 40hrs is enough for practical purposes. If right time is important to me, I have the phone which has a far longer practical reserve than any watch considering that I won’t let it run out of juice most of the time, and it keeps more accurate time even VS a brand new gen Rolex cal 3135.
But I prefer the 2836 for the instant date change and the maintainability. The power reserve of a well serviced low beat 2836 will be in excess of 50hrs typically, close to the AP caliber 3120 with 55-60hrs of power reserve.
It is just a matter of preference. If power reserve is important to you, then the P80 movement is the right one for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
713b682f80b4dbe64b60f0026bf57994.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Does anyone have a 15400 RG bracelet for sale??? Please lmk I’m looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I miss my Safari but hated the clasp. I had a genuine Safari strap and clasp but ended up selling it. What they need to do is make the original safari strap in the new style.

Realy!? I like the clasp more then the newer style buckel. Its better looking and its more comfy.

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Fair points and understandable. For me, the reserve isn’t an issue. About 40hrs is enough for practical purposes. If right time is important to me, I have the phone which has a far longer practical reserve than any watch considering that I won’t let it run out of juice most of the time, and it keeps more accurate time even VS a brand new gen Rolex cal 3135.
But I prefer the 2836 for the instant date change and the maintainability. The power reserve of a well serviced low beat 2836 will be in excess of 50hrs typically, close to the AP caliber 3120 with 55-60hrs of power reserve.
It is just a matter of preference. If power reserve is important to you, then the P80 movement is the right one for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legend,

Please excuse me if this question has been asked and answered before, though I have tried many searches with no true answer to be found.

I prefer the white diver model and as discussed with you via PM a while ago I would like to mod the one I recently purchased (V9.5ish) from my TD. As the white diver is an open caseback I would like to keep the rep deco plate & rotor. Even though there are major tells with the rep movement I would still rather have these components in my watch than have an alien movement on view whenever pull it our of the box to wear.

I have read that you can modify the A2824 with ETA parts to achieve the correct low beat rate with average time accuracy (acute timing is less important to me as I wear a different watch each day), though I have not found an answer regarding if the rep A2824 deco plate and rotor can be used.

The visual difference between the two 'beats' is only perceptible by true AP savants in my opinion and the rep white dial is a completely different shade (much better than gen), though this is the one rep AP that I truly love and would purchase gen if the dial was more like the rep!

Please advise at your convenience & apologies if this has been discussed previously.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Legend,

Please excuse me if this question has been asked and answered before, though I have tried many searches with no true answer to be found.

I prefer the white diver model and as discussed with you via PM a while ago I would like to mod the one I recently purchased (V9.5ish) from my TD. As the white diver is an open caseback I would like to keep the rep deco plate & rotor. Even though there are major tells with the rep movement I would still rather have these components in my watch than have an alien movement on view whenever pull it our of the box to wear.

I have read that you can modify the A2824 with ETA parts to achieve the correct low beat rate with average time accuracy (acute timing is less important to me as I wear a different watch each day), though I have not found an answer regarding if the rep A2824 deco plate and rotor can be used.

The visual difference between the two 'beats' is only perceptible by true AP savants in my opinion and the rep white dial is a completely different shade (much better than gen), though this is the one rep AP that I truly love and would purchase gen if the dial was more like the rep!

Please advise at your convenience & apologies if this has been discussed previously.

i had sold mine, fully modded. totally fine with open caseback and lowbeat conversion. they just change couple of components, not the movement nor the rotor

Realy!? I like the clasp more then the newer style buckel. Its better looking and its more comfy.

LOL nobody in his right mind can possibly state that the AP deployant is comfy. N O B O D Y

XF 15706 (v2 stated; pretty sure v3)

v3 indeed

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Legend,

Hey N I will send you a PM instead regarding this, so as not to clog up the pics thread thank you.

Reactions: Allure

ANDFlow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/19
Santiago - Chile
I’m Dentist. Due to continuous hand washing and hygiene regulations, i can’t wear my watch on the wrist.
I manage to still look at my beautiful AP ROO Diver every time i want while working, by placing it in my chest pocket.
Not a wrist shot, it’s a #ChestShot

7b2911e54b25725715f45328d618ae8e.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m Dentist. Due to continuous hand washing and hygiene regulations, i can’t wear my watch on the wrist.
I manage to still look at my beautiful AP ROO Diver every time i want while working, by placing it in my chest pocket.
Not a wrist shot, it’s a #ChestShot

]

Innovative and I must say that you may start a new trend lol.

Reactions: Allure and ANDFlow

ANDFlow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/19
Santiago - Chile
Innovative and I must say that you may start a new trend lol.

The size of the ROO make it so easy to fit well in the chest pocket without moving too much. Fits well. And it’s really easy to read and appreciate the dial. Your eyes are closer to the dial compared if you look at the wrist

Last edited:
Reactions: legend
Status
Not open for further replies.