• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchGuy887

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
I understood! however you don't notice in live, and v5 is really a nice piece and the quality in my opinion could enter the super reps list

Inviato dal mio vivo NEX S utilizzando Tapatalk

The possibility of being called out is significant - case back too thick, printing of swiss made on dial, clasp overbite, patisserie pattern. 4 big reasons its not a super rep. Its a passable rep but let’s not get carried away, esp when a gen owner wiuld call you out within seconds.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
The possibility of being called out is significant - case back too thick, printing of swiss made on dial, clasp overbite, patisserie pattern. 4 big reasons its not a super rep. Its a passable rep but let’s not get carried away, esp when a gen owner wiuld call you out within seconds.

Don't forget that monstrosity of a movement.

WatchGuy887

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
Don't forget that monstrosity of a movement.

How could I forget ;). Despite that I’m copping a v5 white dial myself (already own the black) and will attempt a case thinning mod. That + a gen dial imo would be a cost efficient franken of superior quality ( much better than a franken hulk option ). Lets not forget that ZF is releasing a 15400 too

Reactions: Pdatoon

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
How could I forget ;). Despite that I’m copping a v5 white dial myself (already own the black) and will attempt a case thinning mod. That + a gen dial imo would be a cost efficient franken of superior quality ( much better than a franken hulk option ). Lets not forget that ZF is releasing a 15400 too

Im going that route too

playingthe4

Known Member
1/3/19
Beater by the pool
ca7fe717e6fcac70eefd4e19f2363990.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackboxes

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

This.

It’s far from being a super rep for me. On its own it’s a very nice watch I agree. Other than the 4 reasons you mentioned, turn the watch over and it’s game over. Balance wheel of the cheap miyota movement is in a completely different position, and rotor color is wrong (rose gold in rep vs yellow gold in the gen). So if you know what to look for there’s no way you can miss that even if you don’t know your movement details. The hands are also different from gen and markers lack the gen finish.

It is a nice watch I agree. And yes passable in real life. Whatever “tells” we are talking about applies only for forum discussions.

So well said Jehuang87 I agree 100% with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Rolemars

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I understood! however you don't notice in live, and v5 is really a nice piece and the quality in my opinion could enter the super reps list

Inviato dal mio vivo NEX S utilizzando Tapatalk

It is a nice piece yes I agree.

It is good quality for a $400-500 Chinese made watch, yes I also agree.

Super rep? No way. Not even close. Just wear it as a $400 rep and don’t imagine it to be a gen and it’s an ok watch to wear for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.