• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question for the experts - Did I receive a JF V5 or something else.

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
IMG-3603.jpg

Good morning to all,

Above is what I have received from Ryan at intime as a JF V5,I would like to ask for the advice of an expert eye, do you think this is a JF V5?

To me the difference in the Swiss Made print is like night and day, I even see a slight difference in the dial pattern compared with what I have seen around for the JF V5 (this could easily be personal paranoia :) )

Thank you very much for letting me know your thoughts.

Below is what I consider a good Swiss Made print and updated pattern of a JF V5

Vst8TA.jpg

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
JF is mixing dials they dont updated the dial someone said his TD said that the dial factory did an "mistake" lol, so the "mistakes" are the better dials but i only saw 2 of them yet. Its just ridiclious so yes its a JF V5 with the "normal" dial.

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
JF is mixing dials they dont updated the dial someone said his TD said that the dial factory did an "mistake" lol, so the "mistakes" are the better dials but i only saw 2 of them yet. Its just ridiclious so yes its a JF V5 with the "normal" dial.

Interesting coincidence that the good dials aka "mistakes" are the ones that ended up on the photos of all the TDs when they sell you the watch. Puretime, intime, etc... all have pictures of the good dial, and then you buy it and they ship you the bad one? It is a bit crazy, you could call it fraud.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
There's QC, refuse refuse refuse and get refunded lol.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
So the "Trusted dealer" thing, not that trusted after all I guess.

Nahh they are serious but for this jf dial story it's kinda funky situation, the td don't much care about how it looks, they go pickup a batch, and send you qc's, they won't ask the factory "hey my customer want this badass swiss made plate printed".

For my blue dial it took nearly 1 month (the current batch he had was using v3 dial and dw when i was buying a v4, i had to wait a new batch and then tada all was looking like the td store pics)

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
Nahh they are serious but for this jf dial story it's kinda funky situation, the td don't much care about how it looks, they go pickup a batch, and send you qc's, they won't ask the factory "hey my customer want this badass swiss made plate printed".

For my blue dial it took nearly 1 month (the current batch he had was using v3 dial and dw when i was buying a v4, i had to wait a new batch and then tada all was looking like the td store pics)

I see your point, but when I sent my TD the two pictures above, he still told me he could not see the difference between the Swiss Made printing... but "accidentally" the pictures of the watch on his site has the new and improved print that seems so impossible to get...

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I see your point, but when I sent my TD the two pictures above, he still told me he could not see the difference between the Swiss Made printing... but "accidentally" the pictures of the watch on his site has the new and improved print that seems so impossible to get...

If you want plate printed swiss made buy the omf, sadly...

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
Yes but which td he used?
Maybe some td's take the time and some just don't take time for their cust, time is money.

Well I had used intime a few times before this, and they were always ok, so I had no reason to doubt them. Clearly that has now changed.

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
In my opinion no TD should advertise pictures of something they are not in a position to ship, and if they can ship it and they give you something inferior knowingly, they should not be TDs. I don't buy the "they didn't notice" excuse, if they didn't notice they would not use the pictures of the one with the best print on their ads.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The problem is the "V5" was out month ago, JF updating shit and not do "new" versions just new batches.

JF is shipping the watches to the TD the "samples" and TD do the pictures etc but then what comes from the factory is sometimes completly different i mean its sad but yeah.

SHB do you have the new blue dial?

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
The problem is the "V5" was out month ago, JF updating shit and not do "new" versions just new batches.

JF is shipping the watches to the TD the "samples" and TD do the pictures etc but then what comes from the factory is sometimes completly different i mean its sad but yeah.

Yup samples are often top quality but well... Swiss made printed on a plate is insta callout, i prefer my swisS madE lol.

And no i have a stunning v3 updated aka v4.

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18

Well it is sad, but when you are a TD and you see that the watches that are coming from the factory are different from the samples you should not sell them, or you should change the sample pictures for the "reality" pictures.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
agree but at the end they want to sell :D i had the same problem on amazon with one of my watchboxes

Last edited:

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Yes but which td he used?
Maybe some td's take the time and some just don't take time for their cust, time is money.

I use trusty time, I know he’s not a TD here but he’s always been good to me and everything I’ve purchased from him has always been very “low” on flaws. Just for some context, I’ve bought 5 watches from him in a very short time, with plans to purchase at least another 4-5 more watches soon.