• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Offshore Diver White Ceramic JF 1:1 Best Edition A3120 V2?

jazzmazz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/20
I do not consider the v9.5 diver rep a "super rep", not by a mile. I can call it out as a rep from 2m away. If you like the white ceramic diver, then buy it by all means. Why be caught up with what makes it a good rep vs the v9.5 diver? You understand that such standards are imposed by others, and no matter what status someone accords it, it is a rep which will not fool anyone who knows what to look for. Buy the watch and enjoy it for what it is, rather than worrying whether it is a "super rep" or not.
Even most of the AP frankens which I see here, costing $5000 - $6000, look just like what they are.. a rep watch with some gen parts. This diver costs what, $500? Enjoy it as a $500 watch. If you like the white ceramic diver, then buy it. It is your business and nobody else's.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer! I like your point of view, and I basically agree with everything you said.
This fascinating world is new for me, I'm trying to understand how it works, and I'm sure sometimes my questions sound dumb to more experienced users.
In this case I was just curious about what differences (from a visual and technical point of view) there are between the two.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer! I like your point of view, and I basically agree with everything you said.
This fascinating world is new for me, I'm trying to understand how it works, and I'm sure sometimes my questions sound dumb to more experienced users.
In this case I was just curious about what differences (from a visual and technical point of view) there are between the two.

Far from an exhaustive answer but the 1st thing that comes to mind is that the white ceramic is a replica of the 15707 which has open caseback whereas the 9.5 is a replica of the 15703 which has a closed caseback. So you don't see the movement and it's imperfections

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Well ok more details for you, since we were all new once:

- As Tobel mentioned, the white ceramic diver has an open caseback which is a give away.
- The ceramic is not as matte/opaque/solid-looking as the gen one. It can however be modded to give a better semblance of the gen finish and appearance.
- The datewheel on the white ceramic looks a lot better to me compared to the one on the V9.5 diver.
- I am unsure what the movement is on the white ceramic diver but bear in mind that if it is a Miyota 9015, it cannot be converted to a low beat if that is one of the mods you eventually seek out.
- If you like the looks of the white ceramic diver, get it, and then upgrade the cyclop, and also get a modder to refinish the white ceramic to resemble the gen one more. Then enjoy it!

Reactions: Allure

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Well ok more details for you, since we were all new once:

- As Tobel mentioned, the white ceramic diver has an open caseback which is a give away.
- The ceramic is not as matte/opaque/solid-looking as the gen one. It can however be modded to give a better semblance of the gen finish and appearance.
- The datewheel on the white ceramic looks a lot better to me compared to the one on the V9.5 diver.
- I am unsure what the movement is on the white ceramic diver but bear in mind that if it is a Miyota 9015, it cannot be converted to a low beat if that is one of the mods you eventually seek out.
- If you like the looks of the white ceramic diver, get it, and then upgrade the cyclop, and also get a modder to refinish the white ceramic to resemble the gen one more. Then enjoy it!

Legend is the best! Good guy =) listen with confidence =D

jazzmazz

6/2/20
Thanks again to legend and everybody, that's the kind of information a newbie nedds! It's on my shopping list, as soon as it's going to be safe and possible to order again from china I'll get it.

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
The V2 bezel is definitely an improvement. It looks more matte and less translucent. But the case is still the same V1. This is my V2 ROO where I had the parts sandblasted to reduce the shine.
6f4e7a5c4f481ee0764a93eb2889af41.jpg
aa07542a0ddbf4690f0d813d8ee445ab.jpg
fd14a83ecd3537aefe931df37e3491ff.jpg

jazzmazz

6/2/20
The V2 bezel is definitely an improvement. It looks more matte and less translucent. But the case is still the same V1. This is my V2 ROO where I had the parts sandblasted

Wow! Who did the job?

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Spongebob

Bro Have you done anything to the AP logo on the dial? It looks like it is in right the position..? Not to mutch to the right as it use to be on rep dial. Maybe its just the angel But it looks good

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Bro Have you done anything to the AP logo on the dial? It looks like it is in right the position..? Not to mutch to the right as it use to be on rep dial. Maybe its just the angel But it looks good

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

No bro. Only mods were sandblasting the ceramic parts, shaving the pinion. That's all. It's a pretty good V2 if you ask me.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Are you happy with the watch? I'm considering to pull the trigger. How it feels on the wrist? Is it like a toy or you can feel it actually?

I know the question wasn't posed to me, but having handled a few of these (sent to me for modding), I can assure you that they have good weight, and is hefty and well-built enough not to be regarded as a cheap toy. This is also subjective, but just sharing my opinion with you.

Reactions: slashdotcom1