• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ceramic Fantasy....?

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
One of the AP's I enjoy wearing is my black ceramic 44mm ROO with rose gold markers and blue hand tips - even for its 44mm size and RG details I think its a nicely understated watch; the ceramic finish is amazing in the way it reflects light. Unfortunately JF have not bothered to treat this model to their V2 logo and cyclops upgrades and the skinny AP logo has always been a sore point for me - of course there are other tells but the logo is the worst IMO.

I emailed Ryan, my trusty TD to ask if I could buy a V2 RG logo to replace my skinny one though he was not able to obtain one from the factory. I then asked if I could buy the whole dial from the 44mm RG V2 version, which I was able to do (I also bought the updated cyclops and another V2 dial for my 44mm FC to replace my other skinny logo).

Now that I have the new RG V2 dial I am thinking that it may be fun to create a fantasy ROO by just swapping the dials rather than just the logo... I think that the RG perimeter band would look amazing but would appreciate your opinions.

90A5D598-2C3B-4FEC-AFB8-21115CBABC47.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pope and Tompa

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
For modern builds I think there's very little reason to maintain a stock look given the inherent compromises. I'd build what looks most appealing to you. I think the new dial would add some contrast and excitement to the look.

Reactions: Pope and Tompa

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
For modern builds I think there's very little reason to maintain a stock look given the inherent compromises. I'd build what looks most appealing to you. I think the new dial would add some contrast and excitement to the look.

I appreciate the feedback Jurgenk and agree that this dial would add a little 'pop' to the watch without overly compromising the understated look that I find appealing with this watch.

I'm also curious if anyone has done something similar here?

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
awesome idea!

i like switching and trying out new possibilities - and when it comes to stock reps it can all happen on a lower budget according to ones standards! looking forward to your build!

Reactions: Jurgenk

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I think that new dial will look killer -- excited for your to post the result!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Go for it!
In a way, most AP ROO reps are already “fantasies” in some ways. I understand that they are supposed to be replicas but compared to their gen counterparts, the colors, fonts, logos like you mentioned, as well as thickness and movements are often nothing like the gen. I know the community has opinions about how this or that model is supposedly “more accurate to gen” but we are debating the differences between bad and worse in many cases.

By customizing a watch, you are creating a watch with no gen reference to compare with and technically, bypass the accuracy comparisons. It’ll also be your own unique watch retaining the DNA of the brand you like but sporting a look which you have created.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and BIONONE

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Thanks for the feedback gents. I'll post pictures once the work is done.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Very nice combination

Thanks - I'm looking forward to getting it back. From the picture I'm very happy with the way the new dial wakes up the watch without being overwhelming.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
wow looks dope man !

What about the datewheel ? Sorry I lost that part