• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Experience with A7750

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I really like some of the APs with chronograph especially the ones with arabic numbers. However, I’ve read a few threads suggesting the A7750 is timebomb and is quite unstable.

I’m considering the bumble bee https://www.intime04.co/audemars-pi...tion-on-leather-strap-a7750-v2-w-cyclops.html (and a few others) but I’m kinda holding back because of the movement.

So what do you guys think about the stability and performance of the movement in those chrono watches?

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
If you buy one just keep it in your watch box as a queen, don’t even think about wearing it! Lmao!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
The movement itself is fine. The main issue is the complete lack of QC during movement assembly. I dont think Ive ever seen a factory fresh clone actually be clean. Some are bone dry, some are wet like theyre swimming in lubricant and theres always a variety of fingerprints. But even with all that said, if you want one, get it and enjoy. If it arrives DOA, return it. Otherwise wear it and if it ever craps out you can get it serviced.

Reactions: macarone

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I’m glad to hear the movement itself is not crappy as such. Maybe it would make sense to have it serviced right away as a precaution.

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
I’m glad to hear the movement itself is not crappy as such. Maybe it would make sense to have it serviced right away as a precaution.

A lot of members do that as well. If you've found a model that you know you'll want to keep and enjoy for a good length of time, it never hurts to have it serviced.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I really like some of the APs with chronograph especially the ones with arabic numbers. However, I’ve read a few threads suggesting the A7750 is timebomb and is quite unstable.

I’m considering the bumble bee https://www.intime04.co/audemars-pi...tion-on-leather-strap-a7750-v2-w-cyclops.html (and a few others) but I’m kinda holding back because of the movement.

So what do you guys think about the stability and performance of the movement in those chrono watches?

The A7750 sec@12 movement is essentially a modified sec@9 movement and the issue often center around the friction accumulated around the transfer gears.

Without engaging in verbosity, I will just advise you to get the movement serviced and the mainspring swapped out to a Swiss one for improved reliability. Remember however that servicing the movement does not improve its delicate design especially for the chronograph function. If you have the movement cleaned and serviced and leave the chrono well alone you have a much better chance of preserving the longetivity of the movement. Modders like Domi and slaughterer62 have long mastered the issues surrounding the notoriously temperamental movement and made it reliable enough for daily wear. I am sure that they are far more capable and qualified to provide you with further advice than I did.

In brevity I agree with the general sentiment echoed in the posts before mine: get the bumblebee, get the movement serviced and leave the chrono well alone. I foresee the watch will be enjoyed for a long while. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure