• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why is it different color on sec hands?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hi brothers!
I am thinking to buy a black/silver ROO rubberclad, but i was looking att pictures of a gen on and the first thin a saw was it is different color on the big sec hands? On gen the hand is white. And on JF it is black? And i saw a old noob rubberclad and the allso is white.. (see pics below) is ot different series? Or is JF totaly wrong here?

JF)
908491068eef74e8eff951cbd7c4d4e8.jpg

Gen)
1c11f19ea04afcc6dee24677a8e31243.jpg

NOOB)
955390750c79400644b72b97b8c22031.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
different version depends on dial. difference reference number. 25940SK.OO.D002CA.01 and 25940SK.OO.D002CA.03
printed ap logo use white hand and cream date wheel. metal logo use metal hand and black date wheel.

Reactions: Tompa

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
different version depends on dial. difference reference number. 25940SK.OO.D002CA.01 and 25940SK.OO.D002CA.03
printed ap logo use white hand and cream date wheel. metal logo use metal hand and black date wheel.

Ahh i see. Thanks Buddy!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
That’s the H series black rubberclad. Any series before that has the printed logo, white/black chrono and subdial hands instead of chrome ones and white datewheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
That’s the H series black rubberclad. Any series before that has the printed logo, white/black chrono and subdial hands instead of chrome ones and white datewheel.

Thanks brother!
Now that i know the answer i feel it was a stupid question.. But i search the internet and i got the same watch (series) with white chrono sec hands on the gen rubberclad, so a got to ask, Thanks again! And sorry for my unknowlege

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

What he said

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
So on this the loggo is incorrect? It has ”metal”AP logo? It should have printed logo?
23eaa11cb958af32f2b139142ac31d07.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So on this the loggo is incorrect? It has ”metal”AP logo? It should have printed logo?

Chrome chrono/subdial hands go with black datewheel and metal logo. Hands are slightly different too.
White chrono hand should go with white datewheel and printed logo.
There could be other subtle differences but these are the primary ones as mentioned.

Having said that, you already know that there are a ton of other flaws on any rep ROO besides that logo type. If you like it, get it and mod the hands and dw.
It all depends on what you are looking for, H series black dial rubberclad or an older series.

Reactions: Allure and Tompa

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Okey! Thanks Al. Im Realy thankful for your help.
But the next issue is.. :D the more i know and starting to see and learning of all the flaws the less i starting to like my watches.. :D But hey.. everyone have to walk that road i guess :) or i just stop reading in this forum :))

Reactions: legend

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Btw i say your new strap on instagram Al :) its a killer! Real beauty!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Okey! Thanks Al. Im Realy thankful for your help.
But the next issue is.. :D the more i know and starting to see and learning of all the flaws the less i starting to like my watches.. :D But hey.. everyone have to walk that road i guess :) or i just stop reading in this forum :))

Rep ROOs come with the standard set of flaws attached, and of course, some models will have even more flaws like dial color, case plating color etc.
As long as you understand that you're buying and wearing reps, and manage your expectation realistically, you can be satisfied with them. Modding AP reps can bring them visually closer to the gen, but it can never make them gen of course. The gurus here have long discoursed the reps and what could be done to bring them a step (or a few steps) closer to gen visually. And this is a salient and meaningful part of the hobby. It is sometimes easy to forget that this is a forum dedicated to replica watches, because of the quantity and quality of knowledge and resources in the community, from guys who can perform miracles to make replicas look more like genuine. But we must always remember that the baseline of this hobby are stock standard replica watches from China, each costing a small fraction of what the genuine will cost.

If you are becoming dissatisfied with your watches, then stop buying for now. It is meaningless to own dozens of replica APs, if you start to see the flaws and becoming dissatisfied with them. Each watch you buy adds to the misery, and eventually will become one more watch to sell.

To be entirely frank with you, T, AP reps are not at the level of, say, Rolex or Hublot reps yet. For a few hundred dollars, you get a watch which resemble the genuine in some ways, but one which undoubtedly falls short in many ways. Most of us start being bowled over with the quality of the reps (which is improving with the years) Over time, you learn about the flaws, and you realize that what you own, and what it replicates, are spanned by a vast chasm which no bridge could mend. There are of course many members here who can own stock standard reps and be happy with them. And they are often by no means incapable of buying the real deal. A few personal friends I know, are affluent beyond doubt, but yet choose to pursue this hobby of buying and modding watches for the satisfaction of it. As long as they are happy, the hobby has served its purpose for them.

We each have our own starting point and journey in this hobby. Some stay stock the entire way, some choose the modded reps path, others go franken, and others go gen. These are all merely choices, and I reiterate that choosing one path does not make you better than the guy who makes a different choice from you. You can place a gen next to a rep in this hobby and you will see the differences, that is inevitable. But what is important is harnessing the knowledge to make this hobby better for everyone. I will advise you T to hold off spending more money in this hobby until you can decide what makes you happy.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I realy aprecciate your wizdom, and I understand how you mean. but it's not that I don't like my watches. I love my watches. I can sit and watch them for hours when they are in my watch box, but when I put them on, I see errors that disturb me a little. but i know it is replicas and i dont expect top top quality. but the more I have learned the more errors I see. And that is natural offcourse but I have to learn to accept them... a little hard to explain the feeling. especially in English. but I really love them. more masculine and beautiful watch you cant finde,but as I said. I just have to accept the errors or do something about them. or as you say buy genuine. Thank you Al for your wisdom

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I realy aprecciate your wizdom, and I understand how you mean. but it's not that I don't like my watches. I love my watches. I can sit and watch them for hours when they are in my watch box, but when I put them on, I see errors that disturb me a little. but i know it is replicas and i dont expect top top quality. but the more I have learned the more errors I see. And that is natural offcourse but I have to learn to accept them... a little hard to explain the feeling. especially in English. but I really love them. more masculine and beautiful watch you cant finde,but as I said. I just have to accept the errors or do something about them. or as you say buy genuine. Thank you Al for your wisdom

I hope you learn to live with them, for the sake of your wallet and sanity. Ask me how I know :lol:

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hahah Thanks brother! I feel that you maybe have walkt the same road :D Hahah How did you get out? :D cheers brothers! And happy easter to you all AP freaks

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Hahah Thanks brother! I feel that you maybe have walkt the same road :D Hahah How did you get out? :D cheers brothers! And happy easter to you all AP freaks

How I got out or am now? With gens or pieces like my recent m2m listings :lol: