• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It...is...here...ap rg ro 15400 jf v5

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I got the stainless steel one with white dial. The rotor is updated on my qc pics. Waiting for delivery now!

May I ask how was the rotor updated please? As in what was wrong with it before? (other than the fact that it was RG color which was wrong) Thanks.

Reactions: Allure

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
So it’s been a couple days since I got my rose gold v5.

This is my unbiased first buyer opinion. Also the first time I own a rose gold watch.

Positive:

- The dial is pretty good. Honestly for this price, it’s flawless unless you put it side by side with a genuine one.

- Case finishing is fantastic for a sub 500 usd watch. Great job here! Even the crown looks perfect to my untrained eye.

- Leather bracelet looks and feels good

Negative:

- The deployment clasp doesn’t fit my rectangular wrists as well as the classic royal oak bracelet with the double clasp. It’s more of a personal issue.

- On certain angles, the color of the gold seems a bit dark and saturated. Too much rose, not as much gold. A bit like copper. Check the caseback picture below to see what I mean. I have seen some topics on the gold color changing with time, so it’s something to see in the future. This is my number one negative point for now.

- Case thickness, as every other JF. Not a huge deal breaker for me but something to keep in mind

Overall, I think JF did a pretty good job with this release. What do you guys think?

thanks for your valuable insights, very nice indeed... May I ask you about the AR ? Would think it would benefit from a Prof Crystal ? cheers

Reactions: Rolemars

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Thanks tangokilo! I have mentioned that the rep rotor is rose gold when it should be yellow gold, and this should be corrected too if we are talking about accuracy.

These days aesthetically pleasing to the eyes gets priority over accuracy to the Genuine counterpart. Buyer, Seller, Manufacturer all are changing the definition of Replica and leaning more towards Homage.

I think you have made the right decision to switch to all Gen.

Rep makers are taking Steves Jobs' advice and the Apple approche. "People don't know what they want until you show it to them. That's why I never rely on market research. Our task is to read things that are not yet on the page.” - Late and Great Steve Jobs

Reactions: legend

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
thanks for your valuable insights, very nice indeed... May I ask you about the AR ? Would think it would benefit from a Prof Crystal ? cheers

I had a JF 15400 with a 2xAR crystal from prof. It looked pretty nice but not very gen like. The standard crystal is more than good enough for me :)

Reactions: legend

Rolly123

17/11/18
So it’s been a couple days since I got my rose gold v5.

This is my unbiased first buyer opinion. Also the first time I own a rose gold watch.

Positive:

- The dial is pretty good. Honestly for this price, it’s flawless unless you put it side by side with a genuine one.

- Case finishing is fantastic for a sub 500 usd watch. Great job here! Even the crown looks perfect to my untrained eye.

- Leather bracelet looks and feels good

Negative:

- The deployment clasp doesn’t fit my rectangular wrists as well as the classic royal oak bracelet with the double clasp. It’s more of a personal issue.

- On certain angles, the color of the gold seems a bit dark and saturated. Too much rose, not as much gold. A bit like copper. Check the caseback picture below to see what I mean. I have seen some topics on the gold color changing with time, so it’s something to see in the future. This is my number one negative point for now.

- Case thickness, as every other JF. Not a huge deal breaker for me but something to keep in mind

Overall, I think JF did a pretty good job with this release. What do you guys think?

I also have more rectangular shaped wrists rather than round so worry about it not sitting snug. I have often had that issue with the clasp with other watches (e.g. Deployment on Iwc Portugieser). What size is your wrist? I am 6 and 1/2 inch - what do you think?

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I also have more rectangular shaped wrists rather than round so worry about it not sitting snug. I have often had that issue with the clasp with other watches (e.g. Deployment on Iwc Portugieser). What size is your wrist? I am 6 and 1/2 inch - what do you think?

My wrist is around 16cm (6.3 inch). The 15400 wears a little big but not too much (the offshore does). I like the look! :)

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
My wrist is around 16cm (6.3 inch). The 15400 wears a little big but not too much (the offshore does). I like the look! :)

Is that your wrist in your avatar pic ? If yes, it does look to sit well on it. I have a 6'5 wrist and i do find it a bit big

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Is that your wrist in your avatar pic ? If yes, it does look to sit well on it. I have a 6'5 wrist and i do find it a bit big

VTVZDF.jpg

Yes, my wrist. :)

G

Does anyone know what the latest version of the Two Tone (RG and Silver with white face) is?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk