• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It...is...here...ap rg ro 15400 jf v5

J.Gotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
Given the soft nature of lead, it can be utilized as a filling in the case and not as a case material. Besides, lead is toxic to the skin and unsafe for use for skin-contact products, like watches and jewellery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be possible on an other way to bring more weight into a rep to get a better gen feeling?

Is it possible to wrap a watch with gold? Maybe a wrapped gold watch is bit heavier than a plated one

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Would it be possible on an other way to bring more weight into a rep to get a better gen feeling?

Is it possible to wrap a watch with gold? Maybe a wrapped gold watch is bit heavier than a plated one

Ok personally, the concept of gold wrapping in this hobby is pretty ambiguous. Look up the technique of “gold filling” if you want a real difference in weight vs the standard stainless steel base.

In gold reps, two issues always have to be addressed: weight and color. The rosegold tone AP uses is always lighter than the ones used in the rep. This is also a tell besides the weight. I’ve posted this before to illustrate the difference in color. It is 100% possible to DIY and get the color done right as flyingtommy as done for his franken RGRC. This is fixable but the weight will require more thought on how it can be fixed.

7654c2cc8ec3a86058cbe572435a1cfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
To save myself the disappointment I ordered the white dial 15400 JF V5. Lol

I own a gold rolex sky dweller and the weight is massive so I'm just certain I would be upset with the weight on the JF V5 gold 15400.

Reactions: corleone911

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
So it’s been a couple days since I got my rose gold v5.

This is my unbiased first buyer opinion. Also the first time I own a rose gold watch.

Positive:

- The dial is pretty good. Honestly for this price, it’s flawless unless you put it side by side with a genuine one.

- Case finishing is fantastic for a sub 500 usd watch. Great job here! Even the crown looks perfect to my untrained eye.

- Leather bracelet looks and feels good

Negative:

- The deployment clasp doesn’t fit my rectangular wrists as well as the classic royal oak bracelet with the double clasp. It’s more of a personal issue.

- On certain angles, the color of the gold seems a bit dark and saturated. Too much rose, not as much gold. A bit like copper. Check the caseback picture below to see what I mean. I have seen some topics on the gold color changing with time, so it’s something to see in the future. This is my number one negative point for now.

- Case thickness, as every other JF. Not a huge deal breaker for me but something to keep in mind

Overall, I think JF did a pretty good job with this release. What do you guys think?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Compare to gen????
The black is good and the printing too but don't know about the plating of the gold. Also the tapiseries isn't 1:1 but they will never replicate that so yes it's a good rep but don't know how long the plating will last maybe someone else with a gold rep can answer that :)

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
The rotor on puretime's picture look gen to me. But when i saw it on some member's QC, it was same as v4. Nothing change. Wish they update the rotor just like the website picture.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I got the stainless steel one with white dial. The rotor is updated on my qc pics. Waiting for delivery now!

Reactions: Pdatoon