• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It...is...here...ap rg ro 15400 jf v5

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
roseimperial nice. Let us know when it arrives. What flaws did you notice? Looks pretty spot on to me looking from my phone!

The main one is the 12 marker is misaligned. Not sure if it’s noticeable unless you zoom in, but one is straight and the other is crooked, leaving a slight “gap” towards the bottom of markers. I’m pretty sure I’m nitpicking but the QCs pics Andrew has on his website seem to not have this issue. I brought it up with him but he “scolded” me for nitpicking so I just accepted.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The main one is the 12 marker is misaligned. Not sure if it’s noticeable unless you zoom in, but one is straight and the other is crooked, leaving a slight “gap” towards the bottom of markers. I’m pretty sure I’m nitpicking but the QCs pics Andrew has on his website seem to not have this issue. I brought it up with him but he “scolded” me for nitpicking so I just accepted.

Remember that this is a rep, and having perfectly straight markers all round the dial won't make it a gen.
Try to be realistic in your expectations, or the dealers are apt to get impatient eventually.
I think your watch looks fine and nice, by the way. Congrats and enjoy it!

Reactions: Allure and Rolemars

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Remember that this is a rep, and having perfectly straight markers all round the dial won't make it a gen.
Try to be realistic in your expectations, or the dealers are apt to get impatient eventually.
I think your watch looks fine and nice, by the way. Congrats and enjoy it!

I am aware, and I do have realistic expectations overall. However the QC on the website did not have any misaligned markers, but mine did, so I only brought up my concern with my TD to let him know of the difference. Overall I am happy with the watch, and accepted it, however I have seen QCs rejected for less.

I find “flaws” like this more troublesome then others, such as the “shape of the case not being 100% perfect”, because a misaligned marker is much more noticeable than something like the angle of the case, which is something only noticeable when placed beside a gen. That’s just me though, and I know others have different opinions.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Because the units on the website are often prototypes who are carefully assembled to look good because they want that you buy the product.

;)

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Received these on Friday and accepted the watch. I noticed some flaws but wasn’t sure if it was worth rejecting and I’m also keen to receive it in person.

Nice watch! Will likely pull the trigger on one myself here shortly. But I have to ask...is it just me, or does it appear as though the gold has quite a bit of high and low spots? i.e. on the side of the casing next to the crown. Or on the clasp center section where you snap it closed. Could possibly be from the plastic wrapping and could easily be wiped off, I'm not sure.

Nonetheless, cant wait for your "real world" photos!

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
I like the updated dial printing and even the rose gold color looks nice.
Of course the hands remain an instant tell but I have said before that imperfections considered, the rep JF 15400 remains a practical replacement for the gen in real life.
Happy to see progress in JF’s releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindly What exactly are you referring to ? Cuz I think jf has the same as other variants of other models.
Kindly point out to me the flaw.
Thanks

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Nice watch! Will likely pull the trigger on one myself here shortly. But I have to ask...is it just me, or does it appear as though the gold has quite a bit of high and low spots? i.e. on the side of the casing next to the crown. Or on the clasp center section where you snap it closed. Could possibly be from the plastic wrapping and could easily be wiped off, I'm not sure.

Nonetheless, cant wait for your "real world" photos!

Yes, I noticed that too. I had the same issue on my Noob RG Daytona. I was really worried at first that I had received a watch with wear already, but a little bit of cleaning and oil from the fingertips and it’s disappeared. I think it’s just residue from the adhesive but I can’t be sure. I’ll update you guys with pictures when I receive the watch (it should be here Thursday according to tracking) and see if there are any other issues.

EDIT: picture of my Daytona when I received it, I’ll add a picture from after cleaning when I get home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
Those are both accurate rep dials. The rose gold on the AP website has the same tappiserie on the old version 15400. The stainless steel JF V5 rep uses the new tapisserie that shows on the new gen AP 15400.

But I'm not an expert. Good eyes to catch that !

Should the ap writing has the tappiserie seen through it ?

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Yes, I noticed that too. I had the same issue on my Noob RG Daytona. I was really worried at first that I had received a watch with wear already, but a little bit of cleaning and oil from the fingertips and it’s disappeared. I think it’s just residue from the adhesive but I can’t be sure. I’ll update you guys with pictures when I receive the watch (it should be here Thursday according to tracking) and see if there are any other issues.

EDIT: picture of my Daytona when I received it, I’ll add a picture from after cleaning when I get home.

Ah ok...good to know it could easily be cleaned off. Now back to enjoying the beauty that it is!

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
It has arrived! Let me know if there’s any questions or other pictures you guys need!

Looks awesome man, congrats! Glad to see the gold cleaned up nicely. Dial looks good too. Maybe nature light wrist shots to see the rose gold + the tapisserie dial as previously requested. I’m already sold though!

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Bullflo3 yeah! Pretty happy with it. I’m thinking of grabbing the leather band/clasp, I feel like the rose gold band is a little “too much”. I’m also tempted to purchase a white dial RG version and fit it with a white rubber band.. decisions decisions.
Tigerdragon I’ll try and take some shots tomorrow!

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Looks really good! I'm also more of a fan of the leather strap on the rose gold model. Keep the photos coming :)

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
Bullflo3 yeah! Pretty happy with it. I’m thinking of grabbing the leather band/clasp, I feel like the rose gold band is a little “too much”. I’m also tempted to purchase a white dial RG version and fit it with a white rubber band.. decisions decisions.

Does anyone know how much TDs charge to also supply with leather strap/clasp?

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
ruimpinho Thanks! I think I'm a fan of the leather too. Will probably end up purchasing the strap/buckle from TD and then getting a custom leather done by SMP_Lover eventually. His work is fantastic!

jsbaker88 Not sure, probably somewhere in the range of $100-$200 USD is my guess.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10

There's a beautiful catch and release V5 Rose Gold / White Dial / Leather in the sales section right now!! :)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...rose-gold-white-dial-brown-leather-perfect-eu