• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It...is...here...ap rg ro 15400 jf v5

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
The plating is not an issue for me either. Just curious if anyone knows what process JF uses on theirs

I have a v2 and have issues with plating, mainly
on the sharp edges and the crown, I think it depends on the climate where you live, i live in Spain and so far all my ROse gold plated watches have had issues. I can only blame the humidity in the air as I don’t wear them in the water

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Saying that I will order one of this to replace my current one.

the “Swiss made” at 6 looks fantastic compared to my older v1 stainless and v2 rose

Reactions: roadtofreedom

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I agree the Swiss made and Automatic lettering look perfect in the image on Puretime.

I think I will order one!!

Reactions: Pope

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I like the updated dial printing and even the rose gold color looks nice.
Of course the hands remain an instant tell but I have said before that imperfections considered, the rep JF 15400 remains a practical replacement for the gen in real life.
Happy to see progress in JF’s releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
I have a v2 and have issues with plating, mainly
on the sharp edges and the crown, I think it depends on the climate where you live, i live in Spain and so far all my ROse gold plated watches have had issues. I can only blame the humidity in the air as I don’t wear them in the water

As long as I was reading you, I assumed you live in Mallorca island.

And that’s true: pretty hot, huge humidity and if you use that rep as daily beater then it’s the perfect combo for fading issues.

can you kindly upload some pics?

Big Dog

Horology Curious
31/3/19
I use a jewelry clear coat on my brass vape tubes to stop the patina. I wonder if a fine clear coat would prolong the life of a RG watch. Anyone tried this before?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just placed my order and paid! Will update everyone with QC as soon as I’ve accepted it (assuming it has no major flaws of course). Can’t wait!

Please update us with QC pics as I am interested to see the print on the dial. The stainless steel JF V5 has had some issues as I have read about on this forum. Hopefully these rose gold ones are not affected by it.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
As long as I was reading you, I assumed you live in Mallorca island.

And that’s true: pretty hot, huge humidity and if you use that rep as daily beater then it’s the perfect combo for fading issues.

can you kindly upload some pics?

Correct, I’ll upload some pictures tonorrow, I’m sure it’s the weather as I bought a brand new Noob Daytona, and the gold started playing up after a few weeks!

i had a yellow gold daydate and it was fine, I think there’s something in the Rose process which just occidises and ruins in any kind of warm weather

Reactions: roadtofreedom

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Please update us with QC pics as I am interested to see the print on the dial. The stainless steel JF V5 has had some issues as I have read about on this forum. Hopefully these rose gold ones are not affected by it.

I will as soon as I receive them. I have a 15400 black dial SS V4 and I don’t notice any serious printing issues, although I have seen some of the V5’s have missing ink on the “E” of “SWISS MADE”. I’ll post pictures of my V4 alongside the RG for everyone to compare.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Correct, I’ll upload some pictures tonorrow, I’m sure it’s the weather as I bought a brand new Noob Daytona, and the gold started playing up after a few weeks!

i had a yellow gold daydate and it was fine, I think there’s something in the Rose process which just occidises and ruins in any kind of warm weather

Weather too hot. I’m sure that’s it.

looking forward your pics.

thanks

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Weather too hot. I’m sure that’s it.

looking forward your pics.

thanks

Unfortunately it’s one of those things that doesn’t photograph very well, there are scratches on the watch which is obviously my fault, apart from that you can see the crown has changed color and is a more oxidized tone of rose. I took mine off the bracelet once I got this gen strap, the inside of the bracelet wears out where the butterfly clasp rubs the bracelet

Reactions: corleone911

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Unfortunately it’s one of those things that doesn’t photograph very well, there are scratches on the watch which is obviously my fault, apart from that you can see the crown has changed color and is a more oxidized tone of rose. I took mine off the bracelet once I got this gen strap, the inside of the bracelet wears out where the butterfly clasp rubs the bracelet

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18

I can see it clearly. I think it's sweat effect.

Man, I'm at the doorstep of pull the trigger with AP RO RG 15400. I have doubts about buying RG bracelet or Leather strap.

Perhaps I can contact Puretime or Trustytime and buy RG bracelet version and a black leather strap (with buckel) in the same order.

I also saw in APbands that conversion kit is needed and someone in the forum wrote me about it.