• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP JF Diver v9.5 w/ GEN Straps??

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
Hi, i ordered gen straps, however I realize there may be a gap on installation. Is there a way to fix the gen strap, cutting , in order to do this? If so, what is the method for this?

I'd also like to avoid ordering other plots, but if that is a must, where do I source them?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Trie Google ;) :))

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Or... the search function in this forum?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Nobody69

3/2/19
I have tried searching. No specifics unfortunately. Does anyone know if gen plots will fit this version? How much will gen plots fix the gap?

Anyone know how much the gap is with jf plots? Please provide pics

Nobody69

3/2/19
Wow, no gaps?? How come I’m reading otherwise with v9.5? Is it a different case?

charity7

6/12/16
How did you do that! Ive been trying to get a gen band for my v9.5 but after reading all the posts about the gap I back off

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
For f‘s sake. The GAP on the v9.5 is gen spec. Every damn gen has it. What are you guys crying about? Don’t like the gap, get a v8 or lower. Use your damn heads and read the actual threads for once instead of spreading misinformation everywhere.

Reactions: Deathminder

PETROLHE4D

Known Member
21/1/19
Why is everyone so rude in this forum for just making use of it and asking the actual Forum users for opinion and feedback? Not everyone has time to look into a million threads in a forum. Just chill it’s not the end of the world.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Why is everyone so rude in this forum for just making use of it and asking the actual Forum users for opinion and feedback? Not everyone has time to look into a million threads in a forum. Just chill it’s not the end of the world.

Lol Quetip is a special one :hehehe: ....

A lot of very knowledgeable members have taken considerable time out of their life to create threads, where they explain everything in detail.

Also alot of Rep vs Gen threads here and Im sure you will find one regarding one of the most popular AP reps ever made - JF Diver ( not my style and NEVER will be ... )

Quetip still answered your question tho...Yes, it wasn't very polite BUT he still gave you the answer you were looking for

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Want politeness? Won’t find it here, especially not from me. I don’t have the time nor nerves for being nice. You want accurate infos and knowledge, you’re right at the spot.

The choice is yours. As always- wanna stay on RWI, you gotta grow thick skin.

Im not gonna reply to the not everyone has time to... part because you wouldn’t want to hear what I have to say about that. ;)

Reactions: slaughterer62

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
QueTip

prefers to handle detailed discussions of the micro-millimeter size gaps between your rubber strap and the V9.5 Diver mid-case privately via lengthy texts via his PM, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, personal Email and long distance collect phone calls late in the evening and even in the middle of the night.

Not on the forum.

That is why QueTip gets so angry sometimes.

Maybe a few 100 of the newer members with less than 10 posts can send him macro photos of the problems they are so worried about being a "tell" and getting "called out" about with their $300 V9.5 Divers.

This is because QueTip really appreciates receiving large jpeg files with enlarged imagery of these gaps and he will analyze them free of cost and provide you with a computer aided solution about what plot to use (JF, Noob, gen, aftermarket, etc.) and how to CNC modify it in order to avoid, again, getting "called out" in public by the 100s of knowledgable AP experts walking around in your location waiting to denounce you.

Do not bother with the search function on RWI, as it leads you only to previous threads with "old" information in an inconvenient form that might require a little effort to read. That is really not good enough for you when compared to QueTip s expert personal assistance, or the spontaneous assistance from other experts you might get by creating another thread on the same issue. After all, everybody on RWI likes to discuss the same thing at least 300 times, because we really enjoy coming here to review the previous data and maybe review our previous solutions to these problems and brainstorm, all for your benefit, a new, custom solution for your particular problem.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
With exception of the learned few like tosoboso and slaughterer62 , many in this AP section just compare pics online, read the misguided posts of others and often come to egregiously wrong conclusions, and pass the wrong information on like a cold virus.

If you want to do a proper gen-rep comparison, the proper way is to have the gen and rep side by side in hand, compare the specific feature, and then decide FOR YOURSELF how much of a tell it is. Even for the same feature seen by multiple members, it can be subjective. Some can live with it, and some cannot stand the sight of it. What is a tell for me, for example, can be something that another guy tosses right out of the window. And that's perfectly normal and fine. What works for me may not be what you care about, and vice versa. Sharing of opinions and knowledge is what this forum is about. For those who use google, and read the opinions of others, at least be discerning to consider the magnitude and veracity of the tell you are researching, before starting a new thread to ask about it, or worse, proclaim it like an absolute fact before you are sure of it.

For the diver, I do not understand the fuss about gen straps, much less whether it has gaps or not. QueTip is right though. Those who have handled a gen AP mounted with leather or rubber straps will understand that the edges (or at least front edges) of the straps and the midcase are separated by a fraction of a millimeter. This is to add flexibility when working in tandem with the gen plots, which again have gaps between them and the case. This is also to reduce the tension on the straps when watch is worn on the wrist.
Putting a gen strap, or gen crown or gen crystal gaskets on a stock standard rep are rather meaningless, when it comes to visual enhancements. Your sub $400 replica will never be mistaken for a gen. It is like fitting Pirelli racing rubbers on your toyota and expecting to perform like a Ferrari.
Now suppose a member puts in effort to bring his diver to visually gen-like status, for example by upgrading the dial, dive bezel, hands and perhaps movement to gen. The gen rubber straps are a befitting finishing touch on a watch can be worn as a "pseudo gen" anywhere. Like the gen, the straps should be a minor fraction of the watch in terms of cost, rather than something which costs 50% or more than the watch.
It is baffling when members will pick on such a meaningless detail to argue over, while neglecting the obvious tells. Be responsible enough to share the correct knowledge please. Like any other watch brand, AP has subtle features which are only perceivable in the flesh, and never through pics or words. Not everything about the watch is tactile and effable. The way that the case, plots and straps fit together on a gen ROO, for example, is nothing like how the rep wears. Yes the rep can be modded to feel largely the same way, and that will be a more meaningful mod and discussion than slapping on a gen strap on a rep diver or ROO just because its a gen strap. There is a lot more to it as plots are different on the gen.
I enjoy the concept of modding as much as the next guy, but to do it right, you need to first understand how the gen counterpart looks and feels. Double AR crystals have no business on APs, and there is a specific way in which bezel screws are "sunken" on the gens. Lets not place priorities on details which are nice subtle finishing touches, without first addressing the primary flaws.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No need for Gen rubber, JF Rep very well made and close to Gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
736f95fb409b858a71edb09d23921fcf.jpg
81854b94ee3ec64c8b49655501a517d0.jpg
0c0b26e4a93df342ff1cef56c2a992f5.jpg
e6d620523da23595e23d5f0b68bcb268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Taz71

Repworld

Mythical Poster