• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best version - AP Royal Oak offshore 26401RO/26470OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/18
Hi, Guys!

I'm looking to add to my Collection, and next has got to be the amazing royal oak offshore in gold. I have been looking around for a decent fake before I'll have my friend in Geneve bring me a real one. So, which one is the best replica?

I also found a good replica of my batman before i bought the gen-Version, so i will also post pics of the Version compared when i get both!

Cheers guys!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Do some reading. Period

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have this one and love it.
71c6ae43e2ebeb80988908a2e26d7651.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irwit

22/1/19
Can we ban replies that just say "do some research" or "have a look yourself?" .that's half the replies in this forum and it's so rude. Don't want to help? Don't reply.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Okay, I’ll bite.
The experts on this forum have covered these discussions so exhaustively in the past. Newcomers are denying themselves an opportunity to gain from their experience by not doing a little searching — so they can ask more current and informed questions.
The look it up prompt is simply an invitation to join the discussion once they’ve done some homework. Ignoring these noob questions is ruder in my opinion.

Reactions: legend and QueTip

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Can we ban replies that just say "do some research" or "have a look yourself?" .that's half the replies in this forum and it's so rude. Don't want to help? Don't reply.

I can ban you if you want? xj4sonx Raddave

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I got it from an AP boutique in Singapore. There is one more piece on sale there during my most recent visit last week.

He‘ll be too busy reporting posts made by mods. :lol:

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
He‘ll be too busy reporting posts made by mods. :lol:

The crew here basically runs the show and decides who gets the candies and who gets none.
Reporting a staff is a little like trying to preaching to the pope. I think time can be better utilized reading and learning from the posts already made here.

Reactions: Allure

irwit

22/1/19
Okay, I’ll bite.
The experts on this forum have covered these discussions so exhaustively in the past. Newcomers are denying themselves an opportunity to gain from their experience by not doing a little searching — so they can ask more current and informed questions.
The look it up prompt is simply an invitation to join the discussion once they’ve done some homework. Ignoring these noob questions is ruder in my opinion.

All fair points but I feel if you are going to post, at least share a link to the thread you are referring to. This forum has lots of info but I don't think I've found anything that's completely consistent. We have nwbig threads along with threads about even the concept of nwbig is stupid. Thread how noob v9 is best sub and then how arf is best and how vrf is best. So it's not surprising someone starts a new thread but then all they get in reply is "search the forums, it's already discussed".

Secondly, the fact I quoted a mod, I have enough respect for the mods in here to feel free to point out something like this.

Finally, sorry to crash the ops original post .

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
irwit It's a forum, everyone has different opinions and suggestions. The NWBIG thread is as close to a consensus as we can get regarding reps that are indisputably good. That's as "consistent" as it gets. For the rest of us, arguing, scrutinising, and evaluating each new release is a part of the game. Any hobbyist forum discussing "the best" anything will have similar disagreements and arguments.

Reactions: Jurgenk and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
irwit It's a forum, everyone has different opinions and suggestions. The NWBIG thread is as close to a consensus as we can get regarding reps that are indisputably good. That's as "consistent" as it gets. For the rest of us, arguing, scrutinising, and evaluating each new release is a part of the game. Any hobbyist forum discussing "the best" anything will have similar disagreements and arguments.

Well said.
The key to any harmonious community is not to have homogeneous opinions, but to manage differences with respect and learn from the opinions of others.
I am learning to do that myself and I have often failed in my methods of expressions at times.
Your post is an apt reminder for us to all to improve in this regard.

rustypanda

Horology Curious
6/3/18
Gotta agree with the OP here, if you don't wanna help out, dont reply. hate these kids that get so high and mighty thinking their superior cos they've been on this forum longer. The fact is there is a lot of material here, and a link would be far more helpful then "do some reading". I mean honestly what's wrong with you people? just relax a little man

Reactions: Doctor76 and irwit

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Gotta agree with the OP here, if you don't wanna help out, dont reply. hate these kids that get so high and mighty thinking their superior cos they've been on this forum longer. The fact is there is a lot of material here, and a link would be far more helpful then "do some reading". I mean honestly what's wrong with you people? just relax a little man

And you’re one of the fools that can’t read or use the search function. Staff team including me is fully behind this kind of 'tips' to stupid questions. Got any problem with that? There are plenty of other forums that would be more than happy about a new and contributing member. ;)

Reactions: Tompa

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Just wanna put my two cents in as a newbie here. I think I did over 3-4 days worth of reading (almost non stop), including the “if you are new read this first” stickies before even thinking about ordering a watch. I also started with the “super rep” list and went from there. I ALSO quickly realized that there are no “best perfect 100% 1:1 rep” of anything. Everyone here talks about this imperfection and that imperfect that in reality, unless you’re planning on getting HARDCORE into the rep hobby, 95% of the world isn’t going to be able to tell or care you have a rep on your wrist. Out of the 5% that know the tells, there’s only 1% that will be able to spot it from a few feet away and seriously how many of them are you going to come across? If you’re in this hobby to try and fool people into thinking you’re wealthy you’re in it for the wrong reasons.

And here, I’ll be helpful and tell you there are no super reps in gold. Gold has a plethora of issues (literally an entire sticky about it which I do not have the link to as I am on my phone) which render any type of gold super reps difficult to create. It’s why the majority of information here is based around SS models.

Just buy something you like from a well known factory (maybe even take some -gasp- time out of your day to compare the QC pics on TDs websites to a gen watch!) and you’ll be fine.

Reactions: chaka13

rustypanda

Horology Curious
6/3/18
And you’re one of the fools that can’t read or use the search function. Staff team including me is fully behind this kind of 'tips' to stupid questions. Got any problem with that? There are plenty of other forums that would be more than happy about a new and contributing member. ;)

you got such a nasty attitude about things, why you so abrasive when you type? he asked a simple question about what users thought to be the best AP ROO rep, if you got nothing to add just keep quiet, why do moderators think they're soo cool and important all of a sudden? get over yourself honestly its a forum for FAKE watches at the end of the day, we all want one that looks good so rather than being weird about it just be cool and give a link or something that's all. help us out

Reactions: Doctor76

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
you got such a nasty attitude about things, why you so abrasive when you type? he asked a simple question about what users thought to be the best AP ROO rep, if you got nothing to add just keep quiet, why do moderators think they're soo cool and important all of a sudden? get over yourself honestly its a forum for FAKE watches at the end of the day, we all want one that looks good so rather than being weird about it just be cool and give a link or something that's all. help us out

He asked a simple question. You got that right on the spot. Instead of posting yet another stupid thread asking for things xxxx other fools have done already, he could’ve just used the search function or browse in the designated subs and find his answers within a short period of time. And even better- would’ve learned a thing or two on the way. Is there anything bad about that? I wouldn’t say so. Period. This is what it is and nothing you say / cry / beg will change this.

Now let me tell you another thing. You better rethink the way you’re talking to moderators. Whether you agree with what they say or not, they know and will have the say about what is allowed to be done on here along with admin and what not. If you’re violating a rule or are acting out of line of the usual form on here, you’ll surely be put in your place and either you accept that or go join one of the plenty other forums. But I’ve said that before. Doesn’t seem like you’re too sharp in this regard.

Raddave xj4sonx Stuvetjee

Reactions: Stuvetjee
Status
Not open for further replies.