• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best AP rep?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thank you for the response first of all.

This question may be due to me being new to the world of reps and/or lack of understanding of how this can be fixed.

But the dial itself is perfectly centered yet the "AP" and "Audemars Piguet" logo itself are basically closer to the bottom of the (logo space) on one end than the other. So unless it can be detached and reattached (which may be possible) I'm not sure how it can be fixed.

I will be purchasing a real one within the next 3-5 years which is why I'm considering a Gen as I can switch them around, but any further information is more than welcome!

P. S. I did not purchase the watch from a TD as I live in Mexico and pretty much all my packages have been seized or subject to ridiculous charges, yet I'm hoping a dial may slip through the cracks. Yet the seller is very familiar with the forum, and has carried out multiple improvements on my watch (thinning and lubricating).

Again I am new to the platform, so if you have a better understanding or an educated opinion please share.

Many thanks for your help, and happy holidays to you all!

From your description of the flaws it seems like an easy job for an experienced and competent watchmaker. Replica watches often have these flaws and our RWI watchmakers are used to fixing them. It would help if you posted a picture of your watch with the flaws clearly shown, that way members can offer advice or even assistance.

The main problem is the obstacles you have in shipping and receiving your watch as you well know. If you have not already, I suggest that you find an experienced watchmaker, particularly in restoration, in Mexico to fix the problem.

Let us know of your progress. Happy Holidays.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
31d065ff00259a22b910acfeb49dbb7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what factory is this hublot from?

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I think 3 best reps out of the box are: 15703 JF v9.5, 15400 JF v5, 15706 XF v2. They are all very different, pick one you like.

if you put them side by side with Gen there will be differences.

the 15706 XF has a v3 since you wrote this.. how would you rate it now?