• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reject QC from trusted dealer

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
And I was unable to sleep this night, this thread made my night, keep up the good works fellas and have a nice day!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
No. They ripped out the stuffing and stuffed the watches inside. It was very sad.

I got a PAM 127 stuffed in a pink plastic pig-shaped radio. Didn't have QC photos for that one. In fact, I did not even know if I would get the 127 after sending the money by Western Union. But, lo and behold, 5 weeks later, the pink pig showed up. This was only 7 years ago. Bring back the good old days!

Last edited:

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
What I find mistaken is the assumption that trusted dealers have access to large quantities of inventory and that the factory gives them ample time and opportunity to cherry pick the best out of this large assortment. The reality is that trusted dealers often have to wait on a long line in the early morning outside an unmarked semi-industrial building in the suburbs and that they are rushed through their visit by an impatient factory boss who displays the watches in their plastic wrappers. Detecting slightly misaligned 3 o'clock markers is out of the question in this situation.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
OP, why not just ask the TD "How many watches can I reject before you stop doing business with me?" Simple, direct, aimed at the relevant party, effective.

Reactions: mydnytrydr

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
I got a PAM 127 stuffed in a pink plastic pig-shaped radio. Didn't have QC photos for that one. In fact, I did not even know if I would get the 127 after sending the money by Western Union. But, lo and behold, 5 weeks later, the pink pig showed up. This was only 7 years ago. Bring back the good old days!

Back in the early 00s, i choose only those that their pictures show faults and look like rep. I was canceling my card since the payment completed and spend months
to do small corrections or modify gen parts etc.

I missed the period of stuffed packaging... i would really like that feature today!

chigganv

30/1/19
I could have correctly aligned that marker in 15 minutes.

A newbie on watches would not have been able to fix it.
I can take off links on the bracelet but thats about it.

Would never dare to even open a watch with my unsteady hands hahaha :D
I rejected a watch because it had a missaligned marker for that reason. I could simply not fix it myself.

chigganv

30/1/19
But I also understand that for someone who can do it, it is a very simple proceedure!

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
I think the fact the watches (the best ones from the factory obviously) are presented on a glitzy website with videos (from some TDs) creates dissonance in the background process. Obviously those of us (some anyway) have knowledge of the background workings and lower our expectations. Although I have mixed feelings on the subject.

Obviously it's not Amazon (although they don't pay taxes either in certain countries) but if you have picked what looks a perfect rep from the TD sites photo/description that creates the expectation of what you'll get.

Just my two pennies worth, I'll get you the lube ;)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Baleno3

Known Member
10/2/19
No. They ripped out the stuffing and stuffed the watches inside. It was very sad.
Could you not have demanded the stuffing be packed and sent separately or a replacement toy at their expense (with a QC of the toy first obviously)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
I for one, would align any number of markers by myself if they threw in a stuffed animal or two! No AD has ever offered me a stuffed animal... What were we talking about again? :p

Baleno3 You can keep the lube. I'll stick to stuffed animals and bubble wrap.

Reactions: Baleno3

Kvdnwh86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/17
OP, why not just ask the TD "How many watches can I reject before you stop doing business with me?" Simple, direct, aimed at the relevant party, effective.

Today I received new QC pics and there were no flaws, I approved the watch, and extra happy with the dealers effort!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Pope

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Today I received new QC pics and there were no flaws, I approved the watch, and extra happy with the dealers effort!

Sent from the RWI App

Good, because we DON'T want to go back to the days without QC pics …… Many times, you order a watch. Watch comes, it's not the watch you ordered. There is a note, "So sorry, watch you order is out of stocks". Wait a minute, I don't want this watch. "So sorry". Guess who gets screwed? (Hint ……. it ain't the dealer) …….

Reactions: Kvdnwh86

HelenBK27

27/6/18
UK

Small world!
I got exactly the same, PAM 127, inside a plastic pig radio!
UK customs charged me duty 35 GBP if my memory serves me correctly, which it sometimes doesn't.
It came from Davidsen, Ivé still got it. In retrospect I should have kept the Pig also, sell much better with original box etc...

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Small world!
I got exactly the same, PAM 127, inside a plastic pig radio!
UK customs charged me duty 35 GBP if my memory serves me correctly, which it sometimes doesn't.
It came from Davidsen, Ivé still got it. In retrospect I should have kept the Pig also, sell much better with original box etc...

The seller was actually somebody pretending to be Davidsen for awhile.
I kept the pig.