• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OM factory 15400 - a new King is born?

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Should have mine with me today, will post some pictures and thoughts. Bare in mind this is my first 15400 or AP for that matter so my thoughts may be utterly worthless!

Reactions: Rolemars

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Should have mine with me today, will post some pictures and thoughts. Bare in mind this is my first 15400 or AP for that matter so my thoughts may be utterly worthless!

On the contrary. I think that your thoughts as a first timer will be forthright and honest, and you will have insights which differ from the seasoned AP veterans. Yes we know all about the flaws of the watch, and those have been covered many times on many threads. What I do want to read about for a change is how an AP newbie feels about the watch on his wrist, quality and finish wise. I do believe that it will be a lot more honest than a dealer trying to promote the watch, or a jaded AP veteran pointing out the same flaws again, something which I myself am guilty of way too many times. ;)

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
On the contrary. I think that your thoughts as a first timer will be forthright and honest, and you will have insights which differ from the seasoned AP veterans. Yes we know all about the flaws of the watch, and those have been covered many times on many threads. What I do want to read about for a change is how an AP newbie feels about the watch on his wrist, quality and finish wise. I do believe that it will be a lot more honest than a dealer trying to promote the watch, or a jaded AP veteran pointing out the same flaws again, something which I myself am guilty of way too many times. ;)

No problem, I'll be happy to oblige!

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Ok the watch is in my hands, well it was up until about 10 minutes ago. The bracelet is now sat in a nice tub of baby oil. My initial impressions are.... wow. To me, this is a seriously impressive watch. I am absolutely blown away by the finish and quality of the watch. The one thing that stands out to me is how much the blue dial changes based on lighting conditions.

Here are some pictures, I’ll take more and post them over the next few days.

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
VoBk6A.jpg

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Also another thing I’d like to add, and this is the first thing that strikes me each and every time I buy a new watch... is just how small the details are in real life! I agonised over the “Swiss made” baton argument and scoured tonnes of zoomed in images at really high quality and in real life, these things are so tiny they are almost impossible to spot.

i don’t want to come across as playing down the significance of these details but just wanted to add that they are so small when in real life they almost become irrelevant, that’s my thoughts anyway. The Swiss made text on this is very impressive.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
This is my gen. Looks bloody horrible compared to OMF.
:eek:hmy:

GoT Spoiler Alert

slaughterer62 ,
If I may draw referance to Game of Thrones finale:

Your dial is the Jon Snow of Dials. It’s worthy of a King, but will never be a King.

But I am sure your Dial will enjoy it’s time north of the wall amongst the freefolks.

In my Book:
Jon Snow > Bran The Broken

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
The lighting conditions didn’t help that shot. In natural daylight it should look a lot better. :)

Last edited: