• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OM factory 15400 - a new King is born?

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
What do you guys think about black dial just based on the pictures? Does colour looks more genuine alike or do we have to franken it to make it acceptable?

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
No blue dial...no deal.

35fd9f1a951e6973869f3f1cbcebbfb2.jpg
40bf371d4d95aee8a7cb2dd79952e8ca.jpg
6546c8782d02c802459fd813746261e6.jpg

HWatch

Known Member
19/3/19
Is the blue dial better or as ”bad” as the current JF V5? What you guys think looking at the pics?

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

DaHokage

Known Member
23/11/16
Comparing the new OMF to my JF V2J, I'd say that the bezel screws need work, but everything else looks good.

I can see the contention that the way the dial was made to allow for the printing is not the same as gen, but on the wrist that is 1000% unnoticeable as that level of detail is really teeny tiny. I would be hard pressed to notice unless I grabbed a loupe to really look for it, but if you are going to allow someone to loupe your watch and pass it off as gen, you are either a dummy or someone up to no good trying to sell a rep as gen.

I'd rather buy the JF V5 because their bezel screws are better and I'm willing to pay the $100 premium for just that detail alone. The bezel screws are a defining feature for this model and not something that needs to be louped to be noticeable. That said, if I ran in circles that don't know AP or don't care that I was wearing a rep, I'd pick that OMF and save myself $100.

Reactions: stoyania and vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Comparing the new OMF to my JF V2J, I'd say that the bezel screws need work, but everything else looks good.

I can see the contention that the way the dial was made to allow for the printing is not the same as gen, but on the wrist that is 1000% unnoticeable as that level of detail is really teeny tiny. I would be hard pressed to notice unless I grabbed a loupe to really look for it, but if you are going to allow someone to loupe your watch and pass it off as gen, you are either a dummy or someone up to no good trying to sell a rep as gen.

I'd rather buy the JF V5 because their bezel screws are better and I'm willing to pay the $100 premium for just that detail alone. The bezel screws are a defining feature for this model and not something that needs to be louped to be noticeable. That said, if I ran in circles that don't know AP or don't care that I was wearing a rep, I'd pick that OMF and save myself $100.

well said, Sir. well said.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18

I do not see that problem regarding the bezel screws

alleyezonme

Known Member
Certified
20/3/15
London, UK
Does the omf blue dial revert to the older blue shade i think pre 2015 where jf and tf used to make the electric blue dial colour and not the current grey blue they have going on at the moment?

Reactions: vcappp

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
bracelet engravings look better. If it's actually the thickness they claim then that's pretty good.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Since they both use miyota 9015 i thinks it is.

That's not sure, it will depend on the size and exact position of their respective datewindow as well. It's not because you can plug the DW that it will be properly aligned

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Will Post some more detailed pics when it arrives with us in UK. Moreover, give our thoughts on how it compares to JF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars and vcappp