• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 version 5 review (dont worry i have researched the forums!no repeat info!)

Rrdanny2016

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Canada
Hey everyone

After a few months of research, I have ordered the AP 15400 JF V5, Black dial version two days ago from puretime. I used bitcoin to buy which resulted in a faster transaction.

I received QC but declined the first because of the hour hands and what looks like a scratch or dust underneath the glass now I await my second set of QC which I can approve. There is another poster here who relayed the same issue so I will wait and see if this is an outlier or if it's a batch problem.

After all, these are replicas at a fraction of the price of gen so I cant be picky.

So in this post, being a new member, I'm going to cover a few things to contribute because all your contributions have helped me during my research to find a trusted dealer and purchase the watch I want.

1. I will take photos of the new watch in detail and post it in this thread.
2. During my QC stage, I will also post the photos here for your review.
3. I will give my opinion about why I accept or dont accept the QC photos. (Hopefully not accepting is not the case)---from original QC, the photos looked great aside from the above mentioned issues.
4. Again, I am not a professional at this so my review not be the best out there but this is just an appreciation/ contribution to this community.

----------

If the members of this forum feel that this topic is not useful, please let me know and I wont pursue this any further.

If the members think this is helpful, please let me know and moving forward, I will update you guys.

Thanks again fellas! Again, I APPRECIATE all the info in other posts and threads that made me make a informed decision in going for the 15400. You guys rock!

Rrdanny2016

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Canada
UPDATE ON PURETIME TRUSTED DEALER:

So I felt really bad declining the first watch during QC. So I said sorry to Puretime for the inconvenience.

Puretime replied back without hesitation and said not to worry and they will get me a new watch.

Their customer service is just pure awesome. They are taking great care of me being a first time buyer.

I definitely will be buying more from them especially when I have my eyes on the Rolex datejust too!

Will keep you posted.

chigganv

30/1/19
I'm in the same situation at the moment.

Ordered a JF v5 15400 royal oak.
First QC pictures declined.

Waiting for new ones as well :)

The watch looked very good in general but some details were a little off. I believe they can do better.

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
I am also waiting for the Qc Pics of my blue 15400 :) how long did you have to wait for your pics ?

Rrdanny2016

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Canada
HERE ARE THE QC photos.

I declined the first set because of 12 o clock marker error

This one seems just about perfect except for what looks like missing paint on the swiss made writing on the letter e.

What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/eVxAPkQ

Rrdanny2016

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Canada
WATCH HAS SHIPPED!

Now it will take awhile to arrive but LIKE this post if you want me to post photos of the watch when it arrives.

Importantly!, if you want me to post photos, how do you recommend I post pictures that are of good quality?

I believe photobucket charges a fee.

There are free hosting sites but the quality isn't gisn'tbut if you're ok with it then I can post photos :)

chigganv

30/1/19
I like IMGUR tbh.

All JF 15400 v5 seem to have the same problem with the missing paint on the "E".
My watch was also like yours very good except the E on swiss made...

Reactions: Rrdanny2016

Rrdanny2016

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Canada
Tracking update for puretime:

They are quite good with updating tracking results.

It's already reflective on e packet and as well as my destination post office.

I expect expto arrive by Wednesday next week thr latest if previous time frames are correct for Asian shipping timeframes.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
QC from JF getting worse the misbrushed bezel is now a common issue...