• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

MacGruber

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/19
I would love to get everyone's 2c on this QC pic. I realize there will always be some nit-picky gripe to make with reps. But it looks like the screw at 8 o'clock isn't recessed like the others. It's kind of hard to see in straight-on shot. Also, the screw at the 11 o'clock has some gaping going on. Rest of the watch looks good to my newbie eyes (this is only my second rep). Would you reject or accept? Thanks!

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
MacGruber you will never notice this in real life. The watch is good

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I’d take it. Screws recession is an easy fix

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

MacGruber

19/3/19
MacGruber you will never notice this in real life. The watch is good

Tobel Thanks for the feedback! The more I thought about it I realized that I might not notice this at all when it's on the wrist. I figured I would just ask the TD if they can make a quick adjustment. That was a mistake because they said they would send it back to the factory. Obviously a language misunderstanding, but now I feel like an idiot now. Then they sent me QC pics on a second piece, I rejected it. They sent me QC pics on a third watch and I just rejected it and asked again if I can just have the first watch. The interesting thing is the "Swiss Made" printing on the third piece is really off. I mean it's not printed on the dial like the first two.

Here is the pic from the third piece I rejected.

VqMOWU.jpg

Last edited:

MacGruber

19/3/19
Update: 4th QC round.
Again I don't want to be a picky patty, but I can see at a misprinting the 34th-minute marker. I'm on the fence still with this because I don't know if this is a detail I will actually see when it's on the wrist. What say you?

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Again I don't want to be a picky patty, but I can see at a misprinting the 34th-minute marker. I'm on the fence still with this because I don't know if this is a detail I will actually see when it's on the wrist. What say you?

I’d ask for a better photo, and I’d reject it if 33 and 34 minute marker are wrong printed.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

I’d say you’re on your way to that TD’s black list.

If it was me, I would have took the first one. Second one with swiss made “misalignment” was a great one too. I had to zoom in 20x to actually notice. Even after I know it’s there, if I zoom out, I can’t see it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Katarsis and Nivka

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

You are buying a $400 watch. If you want to be so picky, why don't you go buy the gen instead? And even then, it will not guarantee perfection (I have owned gen ROOs with misalignments, and one with printing flaw too lol)
The key takeaway is to recognize that none of these watches will be perfect, even with perfect printing and alignment and whatnot. Go with a piece you can live with on the wrist, and remember that all these pics are magnified many times. Also, you need to stop sharing your QC pics and asking for opinions. 4 rounds is way too much already. Feel free to continue the fiasco with your TD but be considerate enough to leave the updates off the forum if you don't mind. Ultimately it does not matter what the rest of us think. It is your watch, and you need to be happy with it.

MacGruber

19/3/19
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I have accepted the watch. It's hard to just stop yourself from scrutinizing every little aspect of a watch when you're in love with a piece. Once I get it i will drop more details about how it appears on the wrist.

Reactions: Rolemars

MacGruber

19/3/19
You are buying a $400 watch. If you want to be so picky, why don't you go buy the gen instead? And even then, it will not guarantee perfection (I have owned gen ROOs with misalignments, and one with printing flaw too lol)
The key takeaway is to recognize that none of these watches will be perfect, even with perfect printing and alignment and whatnot. Go with a piece you can live with on the wrist, and remember that all these pics are magnified many times. Also, you need to stop sharing your QC pics and asking for opinions. 4 rounds is way too much already. Feel free to continue the fiasco with your TD but be considerate enough to leave the updates off the forum if you don't mind. Ultimately it does not matter what the rest of us think. It is your watch, and you need to be happy with it.

Thanks for the input Legend. I was actually wanting you to chime in and add your 2c. I had a hunch I was just wringing my hands about this too much and would just get the tough-love treatment, lol. I'm kicking myself about not accepting the first watch. Anyways, I hope my transaction will be a helpful experience for other noobs who need to better understand what to expect with this rep.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for the input Legend. I was actually wanting you to chime in and add your 2c. I had a hunch I was just wringing my hands about this too much and would just get the tough-love treatment, lol. I'm kicking myself about not accepting the first watch. Anyways, I hope my transaction will be a helpful experience for other noobs who need to better understand what to expect with this rep.

We all learn and forge our own journeys in the hobby, and I am sure yours will be a good one too!

TMillu

8/2/17
EU
Can I ask you how would you fix recessed screws?
I have the same problem

Thank you

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
enjoy some macro shots of my Royal Oak 41mm 15400 SS JF V5

I was learning how to use my new fully manual macro lens so some pics are not perfect.

I noticed a loose screw that I did not notice before - it was an easy fix with a screwdriver, actually all 4 screws around dial were a bit loose.

vh997tt

Known Member
Certified
24/5/15
Why cant they just make it slimmer already :confused:

Its an easy anserw, The factorys can produce even better than todays V5 or ZF V1. But of course they want to sell an new upgraded version every year to keep the demand and expectations high. If they made it all perfect reps today, whats next?

Its like real eatate. If you plan to construct and sell 6 apartment properties, you dont construct them at the same time. You start to sell all of the apartment in property1 the you construct it, then you sell all of apartments in property 2 and then you construct it... on and on..
this keep the demand high and in this case the prices.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
To be honest the ZF is pretty close so yeah not much room for improvements.