• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey guys, new to this forum and have been wanting a rep for ages but finally ready to take the plunge. Would appreciate who the best place would be to get a 15400 in blue? Heard Jtimes and KSwatches as names thrown around, but wanted to know who people recommended?

No such thing as “best place” to get the 15400 in blue. Every dealer supplies the same stock essentially. Get it from whoever you’re comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi guys,

I'm choosing between these beauties (OMF vs JF v5)

http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=19900
http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=19795

I read a explained review comparing OM vs JF v5 (https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...p/8002784-ap15400-comparative-review-omf-v-jf).

Seems OMF is at the same level as JF V5.

What are your thoughts on this?

Regards in advance

Yes I agree. Same level.
Both are flawed and neither will be mistaken for gens upon scrutiny. Just get whatever you like.
There are also many threads on the 15400 JF or OMF. Do your own research and buy what you like.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Yes I agree. Same level.
Both are flawed and neither will be mistaken for gens upon scrutiny. Just get whatever you like.
There are also many threads on the 15400 JF or OMF. Do your own research and buy what you like.

Thanks, legend

Every day I read with atention your thoughful posts.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks, legend

Every day I read with atention your thoughful posts.

Personally though, between the JF and OMF I’ll pick the JF. Yes I know same crappy, rattly movement and largely the same flaws, but the details on the JF are just more realistic for me. Like I said they are in the same league, and it’s like comparing the strawberry and chocolate ice cream flavors: you’ll be apt to find fans and their reasons for liking each of them.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Personally though, between the JF and OMF I’ll pick the JF. Yes I know same crappy, rattly movement and largely the same flaws, but the details on the JF are just more realistic for me. Like I said they are in the same league, and it’s like comparing the strawberry and chocolate ice cream flavors: you’ll be apt to find fans and their reasons for liking each of them.

It's almost the same but OMF is 60$ cheaper.

Perhaps, JF is at the doorstep of launching V6 or ZF coming with a top level replica AP RO 15400. Who knows.

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

Perhaps, JF is at the doorstep of launching V6 or ZF coming with a top level replica AP RO 15400. Who knows.

Your best choice will be a v5"j" actually.
You can still wait for the zf but there's no ETA for the release, and for a v6 by jf no information about it as well...

Reactions: roadtofreedom

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Your best choice will be a v5"j" actually.
You can still wait for the zf but there's no ETA for the release, and for a v6 by jf no information about it as well...

I read a very good review in another thread (i copied the link) and to my taste it's almost the same.

Thanks for your comment.

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16

I'd advice you to hold onto your money if you're considering the OMF because of the $60 discount. The rep game has came a long way but there's always room for "improvements" It doesn't hurt to have a fuller wallet and await the ZF's arrival.

I've been waiting for eons for an iteration which I can feel comfortable enough to put on my wrist and replace my gen 15400. Let's sit back and wait for the makers to impress us.

Reactions: roadtofreedom

prowatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
I'd advice you to hold onto your money if you're considering the OMF because of the $60 discount. The rep game has came a long way but there's always room for "improvements" It doesn't hurt to have a fuller wallet and await the ZF's arrival.

I've been waiting for eons for an iteration which I can feel comfortable enough to put on my wrist and replace my gen 15400. Let's sit back and wait for the makers to impress us.

I completely agree here. Patience may reward us with a 1:1 cloned movement thereby allowing for a slim (case clone) case. A Super Rep in the waiting

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I completely agree here. Patience may reward us with a 1:1 cloned movement thereby allowing for a slim (case clone) case. A Super Rep in the waiting

You don't need a super clone movement to get a slimmer AP, you can perfectly do it with a slimmed miyota, as shown with recent PP models. I highly doubt that ZF will use anything else than a miyota

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
You don't need a super clone movement to get a slimmer AP, you can perfectly do it with a slimmed miyota, as shown with recent PP models. I highly doubt that ZF will use anything else than a miyota

Agreed, pretty sure they will use the miyota 9015 like jf or omf.
The thing where zf can make a good improvement is with the thickness, they done a nice job with the pp (ppf) so they can repro this with the ap.

Also, the zf dial sample looks promising, better than jf and the (personal advice) horrible omf dial.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Funny thing is that the undecorated 9015 is actually thinner than the 3120 haha

Reactions: Tobel

Powyo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/19
As soon as this is thinner I will get one. Love this watch