• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

dominicvw

Looking Around
10/9/19
I can confirm that you didn't forget your lesson :D

Thanks for the reply guys! really helpful! I will accept the watch! :) Will post something regarding the "updated thickness" if it is worth mentioning.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
It drives me crazy which colour to take; either white, blue or grey! Help! Haha!

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Black is the one I probably won’t go for. Wanted the blue, then decided to go white to change my mind into Grey. Back on blue, thinking of white and considering the grey ;)

Last edited:

michael5

Horology Curious
20/6/18
My question is for "veterans"that surely know the dynamics much better, since the release of the v5 version and today it has been 7 months more or less, usually the updates were much more frequent between V3 with V4 to V5, it's just a matter of batch to finish to develop the V6 or why has the focus changed with the release of a new model (15500)?

Last edited:

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
My question is for "veterans"that surely know the dynamics much better, since the release of the v5 version and today it has been 7 months more or less, usually the updates were much more frequent between V3 with V4 to V5, it's just a matter of batch to finish to develop the V6 or why has the focus changed with the release of a new model (15500)?

They’ll keep making them as long as they are profitable

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I agree in principle with what Nivka said. If people continue to buy the model, flawed or otherwise, the makers will keep on producing them. Their priority is not to update them, but to use up the parts produced for any given version. Improvements or changes are usually made when a batch of parts are done, and the changes implemented in the following batch. They may or may not give a new version number to the model with the changes.

Having a V6 means nothing. It is a simple reminder that all previous 5 versions were flawed, and I can bet you that the v6 will be flawed too. So will v7 to vN. These are reps, just be happy with whatever version you have, or just buy the gen v1 and be done with it. As proven countless times, the new release may not, and often isn't better.

The V5 is good enough as a fun novelty watch to wear. For that matter, so were the V1-V4. Call it whatever version you want, it will still be a flawed rep. It is more meaningful to enjoy whatever version available with the understanding that it is a rep you wear for fun and your own whim.

dominicvw

Looking Around
10/9/19
Hi Guys,

Just received my V5 blue dial, however it's quite noisy. Is there something a watchmaker/modder can do about this? How much would that set me back for? Can legend help me with this?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi Guys,

Just received my V5 blue dial, however it's quite noisy. Is there something a watchmaker/modder can do about this? How much would that set me back for? Can legend help me with this?

There is a DIY tutorial to fix this using a certain type of oil, you just need to search for it. Check the Movement sub-forum.

Last edited:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Are these offered on rubber straps yet? Its been several years since v1/v2 and now we are at v5.

Desmomonstro

5/4/15
Singapore Grand Prix
d9b8ea127a8889f1a8c05d9fd102d403.jpg

Sent from my CPH1613 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and stufuse

C107el

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Hey guys, new to this forum and have been wanting a rep for ages but finally ready to take the plunge. Would appreciate who the best place would be to get a 15400 in blue? Heard Jtimes and KSwatches as names thrown around, but wanted to know who people recommended?