• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
legend you have "friends" wearing gucci tees ? Am questioning our friendship..

Lmao

stufuse you're right, we're all here for wear reps cuz we can't afford a gen or we're prefering throwing our money on better things than a gen, we buy a rep that looks like a gen, we're happy, none will do a gen check while eating at restaurant or drinking a beer at your pub or by chilling in some street so... Let's wear our lovely JF :)
SwiSs mADe for life

Reactions: Rolemars

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Lmao

stufuse you're right, we're all here for wear reps cuz we can't afford a gen or we're prefering throwing our money on better things than a gen, we buy a rep that looks like a gen, we're happy, none will do a gen check while eating at restaurant or drinking a beer at your pub or by chilling in some street so... Let's wear our lovely JF :)
SwiSs mADe for life

LOL @ SwiSs mADe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars and SHB

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Ok gen blue on right. Rep on left.
Different? Yes they are not exactly the same color but they are as close as the rep black/silver dials VS their counterparts. So the blue is not the least accurate. All colors are equally “close” to their respective counterparts. One often neglects the fact that the texture of the tapisseries and even the structure of the tapisseries themselves, are different. Same color, when applied to different surfaces, will invariably look different. So the same rule will apply to the black and silver dials as well. My point is, don't ostracize the blue color based on subjective perception. I find the color acceptable in the rep.
82ffbe5f22a35c4770bcc0845a73d7e9.jpg

Isn't that the old TF version? They actually get the color right :D could be v1 jf aswell I can spot it on the old logo and the better printing

The problem of the new versions is that they not look that way, they look way more dull without any contrast (the v5) and look cheap the old dials (v1, v2 etc) where much better but with the beginning of v2 they had printing issues :(

Last edited:

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Guys, Guys, Guys,

I know things got heated yesterday and this is just a rep forum. It was not one of my proudest moments. Now that I had some time to cool down and reflect on things. I want to clear somethings up. We are mostly here for our passion for watches and Horology in general. Although one might argue some are here to find "who has the best sub?" they need to be directed to the Deli Section. Joking aside. It's not about (to me at least) if I could afford a gen or not. I know many members of this rep community who I am lucky to call friends, have more Gens in thier collection than Reps or only full Gen only collections but they still browse these forums, participate and contribute to this community. One of them as we all know is my good friend legend . One of prominent the social media watch industry influencer of our time were active members of this very forum. And trust me when I say this rep community as a whole is more knowledgeable about watches and Horology than any amature gen forum.

This hobby for me is not about being able to pass a legit check or not, we spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on watches to make them low beat, 10ths of a mm slimmer, reshaping crown guards, rebrushing cases, installing gen gaskets, adding genuine parts to movements, polishing rehauts and pinnions etc, etc to get them closer to gen. (I am not even talking about the franken world) This kind of things are miniscule. Doubt anyone in the wild sitting across the table will ever notice any of this. But we do these any ways for our own satisfaction. Heck, my outrage was not even about closeness to Gen or Not. If you are happy with your watch I am happier for you.

Our beloved hobby itself is not legit and most would likely keep it off thier resumes and CVs. But to me there still needs to be "honour amongst thieves".

Therefore, my discontent was about a post coming from a person who is entrusted with a possition and title of "Trusted" Dealer. So, I didn't appreciate the one liner fish bate kind of comment coming from someone in thier position, specialy in a discussion thread. I don't care what marketing speil TDs or SVs do in thier own sections or thier websites (1:1, AAA+, Super Duper Magical Fair Dust containing Vxxxxs) that's their house their rules. But I find it irresponsible of them to provide misleading information on a discussion thread. Which the TD came forward and explained his position on the matter and that cleared things up. He even posted today regarding a question from another member in an exemplary manner and I applaud him for that.

Then came a "senior" member, I don't know where his dog in the fight was. He probably had good intentions to provide some unsolicited "contribution" to the forum but it just wasn't his day and I have already said enough about him and don't want to drag it and sound like a broken record. I probably could have restrained myself, but he wasn't really willing to help himself.

Anyways, water under the bridge. I usually don't go off like this, probably would have let the whole thing slid if the comment was from any other member and not a TD.

So, I hope we can all move forward form here and leave this behind us and keep enjoying this hobby for what it is.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Here a picture from ruimpinho (look at the blue V3 same blue like V5)

Voajge.md.jpg

and now look at the V2 blue:

VwC4V0.jpg

JF should just use the V2 color + better printing, they look way more colorful than the dull V5 blue.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
For those looking for guidance on the blue color of JF V3 dial look no further and Please be your own judge.

mech500 has done an incredible job of making litteral side by side (under same lighting condition) review of his georgous Gen and Rep JF V3 I believe.

I will not give my opinion on the dial color, just leave the link to the thread for your own evaluation and conclusion.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/f...380-jf-ap-15400st-gen-vs-rep-mini-review-blue

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Here a picture from ruimpinho (look at the blue V3 same blue like V5)

Voajge.md.jpg

and now look at the V2 blue:

VwC4V0.jpg

JF should just use the V2 color + better printing, they look way more colorful than the dull V5 blue.

You’re comparing apples to a pair of socks here.

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Also KSwatches why do you repost pics of someone else when you want to show us YOUR gens 'Swiss Made' printing? WITHOUT even thinking about giving credit?

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I just compared the blue tone I know that they use a different gen dial for the v5 (they used the 2017/2018 dial) but they ruined it because the color is way to dull. The v2 color comes closer to the 2018/2019 dial version (they used a 2013 model for the v2 which had a different color so the v2 was never the right color but now comes close to the 2018/2019).

Anyways the v5 is way to dull in the blue version they should fix that (I hope with the new dial).

The black one looks fantastic (I mean only the new dial compared to the old dial ofcourse nothing beats gen).

I mean not use the old blue just use a darker more gen like blue the v5 blue is just completely without any contrast it changes a little bit depending on the dial but not really a dark blue more like a blue without contrast.

Last edited:

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I just compared the blue tone I know that they use a different gen dial for the v5 (they used the 2017/2018 dial) but they ruined it because the color is way to dull. The v2 color comes closer to the 2018/2019 dial version (they used a 2013 model for the v2 which had a different color so the v2 was never the right color but now comes close to the 2018/2019).

Anyways the v5 is way to dull in the blue version they should fix that (I hope with the new dial).

The black one looks fantastic (I mean only the new dial compared to the old dial ofcourse nothing beats gen).

How does the blue tone compare to gen here?

f0173b3082f73513a681e587997e61d4.jpg
a48abf11de7e80ef33f2cccc857772bb.jpg

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
That's the old gen version iam talking about the new one (see logo etc).

Btw second picture is just black?

Ofcourse it also depends on the picture but I saw the v5 irl and the new gen and the v5 dial is just pure dull it just didn't look right.

Ofcourse the v2 dial looks also not right but has way more contrast which looks "better" the rest is ofcourse not good as the v5.

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
VwRaRQ.jpg

Here’s another angle with my V5 and V3 (blue). Same moment, just a slight rotation. The blue dial really transforms itself under certain angles. I’m more of a fan of the new deeper “royal blue” genuine dial, but the old one is also great. :)

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
That's the old gen version iam talking about the new one (see logo etc).

Btw second picture is just black?

Ofcourse it also depends on the picture but I saw the v5 irl and the new gen and the v5 dial is just pure dull it just didn't look right.

Ofcourse the v2 dial looks also not right but has way more contrast which looks "better" the rest is ofcourse not good as the v5.

You had all of them right next to a gen?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
@ruimpinho

That's what iam talking about there is not much "contrast" it's just a light blue with sunburst effect ofcourse tastes are different but look here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...380-jf-ap-15400st-gen-vs-rep-mini-review-blue

It shows the color difference pretty good.

But it's a great watch if they could just made the printing a little better and change the blue :D

Edit:

I had the old v2 the v5 and the 15202 next to a gen at a friend who sells gen AP watches yes but he don't wanted that I make pictures because he was concerned that we would made a mistake and his shop could be "called" out and then he have problems with AP and I respected that ofcourse he did not give me the AP to take at home (which I can also understand). He is a friend but ofcourse he wants to sell watches.

And I don't normally talk about because it forbidden to bring watches to shops etc (which I normally don't do but he is a friend so he don't call the cops) also I never mentioned the forum etc.

The 2018/2019 dial is beautiful it's sad that it is out of production and replaced with the new 15500.

Last edited:

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It’s pointless making a point that you will understand because you won’t.
Let’s leave this discussion like that. Nothing will change whatever anyone says that has had them both next to each other.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It's just my hope that they change the color/printing that's it :) because black dial looks really good (atleast on the RG)

Sorry tapatalk is slowing down like hell today so it takes a moment until I see the new answers.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It's just my hope that they change the color/printing that's it :) because black dial looks really good (atleast on the RG)

Sorry tapatalk is slowing down like hell today so it takes a moment until I see the new answers.

Nobody can/should comment on your preference: lighter blue, deeper blue, smurf blue etc. I respect that and thanks for sharing what you like and what you don’t. This forum is for stuff like that and I value your opinion!

But please don’t start making statements about which is more accurate to gen etc based on pics. Leave that for guys who own the gens and have them next to the rep for comparison please.

As always tigerdragon I enjoy your posts but try to be more responsible about your claims on color accuracy vs gen. Your observations cannot be more valid than someone who owns the gens and gives his opinions on them, like mech500 or Quetip (who never shares his awesome collection here). Please continue to help the guys with their QC pics and all as you’re doing great in that. But in order to be a qualified expert in any area you need to have the relevant experience in that area naturally. Stick to the v2-v5 or whatever. You’re doing great there. ;)
Leave the comments about gen dial colors to guys who actually own them please. Because the only valid comparison for color is a side by side one under multiple angles and lightings and you cannot do that by just wearing your rep to a store and comparing it with the gen there. It’ll create less confusion for everyone and make the information here valid and true. Thanks T. ;)

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
legend

you misunderstood me i compared the 15400 with a 2018/2019 gen in different light sections of the store (even outside with sun and without in his backyard (which is closed to the public) thats why i didn't do pictures because they are crazy people on the internet who track down stuff and then expose the store owner which is not so "funny" for him.

Thats why i said a little bit more blue and better printing mech500 said the same in his review btw. i didn't even say/mean that the V5 is a bad version or something its blue is just not "good" enough, it looks to flat the v2 was closer but not as close as it can be (as a fact the JF 15202 has the closest blue ive ever seen to the "real" one but terrible printing in normal light and good printing under electro light which is also crazy).

Its a shame i can't make pictures but i will respect the owners decision. Maybe its only my eyes who see the difference i don't know but mech500 bassically can confirm the "dull" looking blue and it was not changed yet (maybe in the new batch i hope so).

So i still have hopes for updates :D my V5 was from Juni 2018 so maybe they changed the color in the newer batches i don't know it looks exactly like the V3 from the picture above even the same "sunburst" maybe they changed it in the past year (which would be good).

P.S.: I like the new tapseries as well from the black version looks more gen compared to the old V5/V4s etc.

Last edited: