• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

Cgeezy14

Horology Curious
16/1/19
The tapisserie is the same as all google images and Live Photo’s I’ve seen on eBay. The Swiss made could be darker but it’s pretty clear. The Audemars Piguet is slightly bolder on the gen dial. Something you might only notice if you were looking at a gen and a rep side by side and looking for imperfections.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Left is gen the difference is clear but i agree the white dial is not that bad.

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
I have a gen dial too, but is no use :(
VWpXnZ.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Reactions: vcappp

N0tail_

1/6/17
Look at the "Swiss made" text. Should be very clean/clear. Also Google the gen's tapestry pattern and compare to yours.
if your gen and that v5 is indistinguishable then it's the "rep gen" lol

The dial is gen, @Cgeezy14 just can't tell the difference between both even when he has them side by side.

Trust me, a gen dial is night a day compared to the JFV3-5.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I have a gen dial too, but is no use :(
VWpXnZ.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

in about 10-15 years people will call it "patina" and want an extra load of money for the aging hehe

What was this dial used for? Is it from one of the makers to get an idea of how the tapisserie could be corrected and refined to the gen-like shape and appearance?

Cgeezy14

Horology Curious
16/1/19
N0tail_ i can definitely tell that there is a difference, I’m just saying 99% of the population could never tell. In any case, although the rep gleams and shines brightly, you’ve convinced me to put the gen dial on.

Reactions: N0tail_

Rrdanny2016

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Canada
Hey. So I'm about to confirm shipment on this JF 5.

I declined the first QC because of errors on the markers

Only thIng I vaguely see is the letter e looks wonky on the swiss made.

What are your thoughts? Is the writing swiss made negligible in this case?

https://imgur.com/a/eVxAPkQ

Dsquared

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/13
body is still too thick compared to Gen - discussed several times in this thread - biggest flaw

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

N0tail_

1/6/17
N0tail_ i can definitely tell that there is a difference, I’m just saying 99% of the population could never tell. In any case, although the rep gleams and shines brightly, you’ve convinced me to put the gen dial on.

You and I would have a problem if you went out of your way to source a gen dial and not use it :p

Combine it with a thinned case and you've got yourself something special.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
body is still too thick compared to Gen - discussed several times in this thread - biggest flaw

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

The mid-case is essentially the same thickness as far as the eye is concerned.

The rep caseback is 1mm thicker or whatever, however if the bracelet is adjusted correctly (and worn snug), the extra 1mm caseback thickness is impossible to notice or “feel” on the wrist. The caseback simply sinks into the wrist.

Therefore 1mm thicker caseback is irrelevant IMO but I understand that different things bother different people.

I would prefer if the factory fixed the poor printing on the dial and repped the 2018 blue dial, which is more navy/vibrant than the existing gray/blue JF dial.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
The mid-case is essentially the same thickness as far as the eye is concerned.

The rep caseback is 1mm thicker or whatever, however if the bracelet is adjusted correctly (and worn snug), the extra 1mm caseback thickness is impossible to notice or “feel” on the wrist. The caseback simply sinks into the wrist.

Therefore 1mm thicker caseback is irrelevant IMO but I understand that different things bother different people.

I would prefer if the factory fixed the poor printing on the dial and repped the 2018 blue dial, which is more navy/vibrant than the existing gray/blue JF dial.

Exact, 1mm is nothing

leekytaps

Looking Around
16/3/19
Has anyone received their V5 yet? is the PIGUBT issue on every watch still? is it that noticeable?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Quick question, I have been emailing back and forth with Ryan of InTime and he states the 15400 JF rose gold V5 will be out in a matter of days.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the weight on these gold reps. How far off from the weight of a solid gold gen will the rep be? I know steel is a lighter element and these are just gold plated, but have these reps been treated with something else to make them more heavy like a solid gold gen? I am doubtful of that but just curious since if the weight of the gold plated AP 15400 JF V5 is not comparable or close to the weight of gen then I'll just get the stainless steel AP 15400 JF V5.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Quick question, I have been emailing back and forth with Ryan of InTime and he states the 15400 JF rose gold V5 will be out in a matter of days.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the weight on these gold reps. How far off from the weight of a solid gold gen will the rep be? I know steel is a lighter element and these are just gold plated, but have these reps been treated with something else to make them more heavy like a solid gold gen? I am doubtful of that but just curious since if the weight of the gold plated AP 15400 JF V5 is not comparable or close to the weight of gen then I'll just get the stainless steel AP 15400 JF V5.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Density of gold is roughly double density of steel.

The reps are not treated to make them heavier. They are stainless steel with a micro film plating

Reactions: vcappp