• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
JF will update the 15400 soon, better case and better bracelet. Better crown, deep and correct AP logo on the crown.

The clasp AP logo will have same shape and deep as genuine clasp, the inner clasp font will have same hight and brushed as genuine.

watch-club-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-boutique-exclusive-blue-dial-ref-15400stoo1220st03-year-2017-2.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
They can release v whatever and improve all the details but what I really will like is a clone movement like the A4130 released for the daytona. Of course this is a personal wish and many here are happy with the Miyota movement and its general demand which will drive the sales and production, not niche demands like mine.
That’s also why guys like me bought gen and needs to continue to buy gen. It’s both a blessing and a curse. I know improvements from v4 to v5 and beyond works for many and I’m happy for others to see progress in the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18
Saw the pics. Looking good. What i wish is that this new bracelet will be buttery smooth and soft as gen. As the current one is stiff and stands on its own. The gen will fall down.

A man can dream :)

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Eagerly waiting for this. Hopefully printing on the dial and the dial are improved, these are the most important things to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: firuz

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
The updates seem rather academic. They should focus on slimming the case (it can be done easily) and improving the dial print...other factories (eg TF) nailed printing quality, not sure why JF is struggling in this department.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
As stated by puretime,

"JF will release 15400 V5 very soon, better case, crown and bracelet!"

Let's hope they improved case thickness. :)

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
People who buys Apple Iphone yearly are a dumb bunch who spend money on minor upgrades.

Me with the v4 in hand looking at the v5 braclet

You shouldn’t feel that way. For what it’s worth, upgrades happen in this hobby all the time and not all upgrades are worth the wait or money. So what even if a gen bracelet is put on it and described with superlatives to the moon the back?
At the end of the day it’s still a flawed rep. Don’t get caught up in the hype. Be contented with what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Same clasp on the 15202 did checked it but seriously I didn't even noticed it doing my review lol

Yep even the same overpolishing on the head of the "A" and clasp inlay is also the same let's hope they fix the dial and dial printing because the difference in the clasp is not really that obvious if they didn't take the pictures I would never see a difference lol

claspm8kee.jpg

Last edited:

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
For all that is worth, craftsmanship in the steel department is something I care about. It brings the hobby to a higher level and offers good franken basis. People will always complain no matter what but for that price I guess the quality easily surpasses the asking price. Just my 2 cents

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Fairly happy with my v4 and won't upgrade to this v5, maybe v8 will have real improvement.
Also as legend stated, a clone movement would be the real deal, but we can wait v99 for that.
Case improvement ok... But with miyota we won't see gen thickness anyway.
Save your money and buy some v4 from m2m :)

Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
For all that is worth, craftsmanship in the steel department is something I care about. It brings the hobby to a higher level and offers good franken basis. People will always complain no matter what but for that price I guess the quality easily surpasses the asking price. Just my 2 cents

True but the changes are really "small" atleast for the clasp :D but they do a great job for the price you don't get a gen in that quality level for that price.

P.S.: Check your PMs :)