Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Jf ap 15400 v5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by KSwatches View Post

    The mid-case is essentially the same thickness as far as the eye is concerned.

    The rep caseback is 1mm thicker or whatever, however if the bracelet is adjusted correctly (and worn snug), the extra 1mm caseback thickness is impossible to notice or “feel” on the wrist. The caseback simply sinks into the wrist.

    Therefore 1mm thicker caseback is irrelevant IMO but I understand that different things bother different people.

    I would prefer if the factory fixed the poor printing on the dial and repped the 2018 blue dial, which is more navy/vibrant than the existing gray/blue JF dial.
    Exact, 1mm is nothing

    Comment


      Has anyone received their V5 yet? is the PIGUBT issue on every watch still? is it that noticeable?

      Comment


        Originally posted by leekytaps View Post
        Has anyone received their V5 yet? is the PIGUBT issue on every watch still? is it that noticeable?
        It never was on every watch. QC issue, ask them to swap it

        Comment


          Quick question, I have been emailing back and forth with Ryan of InTime and he states the 15400 JF rose gold V5 will be out in a matter of days.

          I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the weight on these gold reps. How far off from the weight of a solid gold gen will the rep be? I know steel is a lighter element and these are just gold plated, but have these reps been treated with something else to make them more heavy like a solid gold gen? I am doubtful of that but just curious since if the weight of the gold plated AP 15400 JF V5 is not comparable or close to the weight of gen then I'll just get the stainless steel AP 15400 JF V5.

          Any information would be greatly appreciated.

          Thanks

          Comment


            Originally posted by tangokilo View Post
            Quick question, I have been emailing back and forth with Ryan of InTime and he states the 15400 JF rose gold V5 will be out in a matter of days.

            I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the weight on these gold reps. How far off from the weight of a solid gold gen will the rep be? I know steel is a lighter element and these are just gold plated, but have these reps been treated with something else to make them more heavy like a solid gold gen? I am doubtful of that but just curious since if the weight of the gold plated AP 15400 JF V5 is not comparable or close to the weight of gen then I'll just get the stainless steel AP 15400 JF V5.

            Any information would be greatly appreciated.

            Thanks
            Density of gold is roughly double density of steel.

            The reps are not treated to make them heavier. They are stainless steel with a micro film plating

            Comment


              Thanks for the reply KSWatches. Looks like I'll get the stainless steel version since it will be quite evident when holding and wearing a gold plated rep that it is definitely a rep based on the weight alone.

              Thank you.

              Comment


                tangokilo - 999 gold got ca 2,5x the weight of steel -

                as the gen is made of an alloy of copper and gold and possibly various other components to achieve the AP rosegold look it is lighter than 999 fine gold.

                You also have to keep in mind that the watch also includes the movement and movement holder which are not made of gold so it would be wrong to say „multiply the weight of the steel version with 2“

                that said it is a bit hard to tell you the exact number due to the different factors.

                But in the end the rep will be definitely lighter than the gen as it is just a plated steel rep.

                Comment


                  Hi Bionone, yes I agree one cannot just say it's 2x the weight in this case because there are other factors. If the gold plated rep will be noticeably lighter I will stick with stainless steel.

                  I actually was hoping that the rep makers would not only try to replicate the dimensions of these watches but also the weights, or at least list them as a data point for us to compare gen vs rep weights. For someone that actually owns gen versions it would be another potential tell that it is a rep and not gen if the weight is very different like thickness in some instances. But I think the stainless versions would be relatively comparable.

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                    Rep caseback is thicker than gen, which adds weight but end of the day gold is gold

                    Comment


                      Make gold reps with Tungsten weight problem solved 90% solved.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by tangokilo View Post
                        Quick question, I have been emailing back and forth with Ryan of InTime and he states the 15400 JF rose gold V5 will be out in a matter of days.

                        I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the weight on these gold reps. How far off from the weight of a solid gold gen will the rep be? I know steel is a lighter element and these are just gold plated, but have these reps been treated with something else to make them more heavy like a solid gold gen? I am doubtful of that but just curious since if the weight of the gold plated AP 15400 JF V5 is not comparable or close to the weight of gen then I'll just get the stainless steel AP 15400 JF V5.

                        Any information would be greatly appreciated.

                        Thanks

                        Well thats fun because I was emailing with Puretime and they stated the 15400 JF V5 wont ever be made in gold
                        Let's see what happens. (I want to buy the gold version so I hope it comes)

                        Comment


                          Quick question - what color is considered most gen-like?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SliverSurfer View Post
                            Quick question - what color is considered most gen-like?
                            Iirc it's white.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by zzmm292 View Post

                              Iirc it's white.
                              Thanks. And everything else equal, putting price to the side, JF is considered the best producer?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by SliverSurfer View Post

                                Thanks. And everything else equal, putting price to the side, JF is considered the best producer?
                                Yes. Especially the v5.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X