• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
The lume on the 14500 is very very subtle, I wish it was stronger. It's not very good on the gen either.

chigganv

30/1/19
Just wanted to say that my AP 15400 V5 stops every night.
Why is that and how do I fix it?

1. Its "brand new" only had it for a week.
2. Yes I wear it many hours a day.
3. Yes I move my arm during the day.
4. I cannot service the watch myself.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Just wanted to say that my AP 15400 V5 stops every night.
Why is that and how do I fix it?

1. Its "brand new" only had it for a week.
2. Yes I wear it many hours a day.
3. Yes I move my arm during the day.
4. I cannot service the watch myself.

did you wind your watch properly before wearing it? The rotor is just meant to have a supportive function. Winding the watch 15-30 times will charge the power reserve

chigganv

30/1/19
did you wind your watch properly before wearing it? The rotor is just meant to have a supportive function. Winding the watch 15-30 times will charge the power reserve

Hello BIONONE and thanks for your reply.
I did wind the watch 24 hours times 13 to set the date correctly. That should be enough I guess?

BIONONE

28/4/17
I did wind the watch 24 hours times 13 to set the date correctly. That should be enough I guess?

I dont know if you understood what i mean or if i misunderstand you.

But you have to screw out the crown - without pulling it out to set the date nor the time.
So if you wind the screw in the very first position you will feel the gesrs inside the watch turning and charging the powerreserve.

Reactions: vcappp and Rolemars

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
This almost seems like an april fools joke! :giggle:
Hope everything gets sorted, kind of a bummer having a brand new watch not working properly!

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13

Setting the date doesn't count as winding two different things.When you are setting the date, it's often NOT in winding mode and hasn't activated the gear mechanism . Also avoid date change randomly , before you set the date adjust time to 6 oclock first then set date or it will damage the mechanism eventually. Good Luck

Reactions: vcappp

chigganv

30/1/19
I dont know if you understood what i mean or if i misunderstand you.

But you have to screw out the crown - without pulling it out to set the date nor the time.
So if you wind the screw in the very first position you will feel the gesrs inside the watch turning and charging the powerreserve.

Hello and thank you.

Its my first watch, its not a april fools joke. I simply did not know how to do it.
Now i have winded it up for like 25 times! Hopefully it will not stop during the nights now hehe ;)

Reactions: Rolemars

BIONONE

28/4/17
Hello and thank you.

Its my first watch, its not a april fools joke. I simply did not know how to do it.
Now i have winded it up for like 25 times! Hopefully it will not stop during the nights now hehe ;)

Alright - I am Confident that your watch will run like a champ after you gabe it the extra power ;)

if not report back - a solution can be always found for 9015 miyotas - so dont worry.

Reactions: vcappp and Rolemars