• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF vs. DC Factory vs. Old Quartz vs. JF 15400 V2 - Review (HQ Photos inside)

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
15202 gen black dial doesn't exist ;-)
there was a gen 5402 dial for sale on c24 few days ago... but pricey...

20190311-082637.jpg

Drew01

3/7/12
Anyone here bought a JF15202 recently?
As they updated their 15400 dial printing, I'm wondering if they did the same for the 15202

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
strange that in the Patek section they manage to realize a very good nautilus, but here we are really far away IMHO..

+1

I would not say that the rep nautilus (whatever version) is perfect, far from it in fact, but I do agree that AP reps are even further off.
Having said that, AP watches are not easy to replicate well and it is already commendable that we get the quality of replicas that we do today, compared with a few years ago.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
...it is already commendable that we get the quality of replicas that we do today, compared with a few years ago.

that's right but considering that rolexes are almost 1 to 1 copy and the simplicity of this watch (which imo makes it unique and Wonderfull), I am surprised that for this model 15202, we are that much far from the gen one....and they obviously do not manage to really bridge the gap...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
2019 gen (watch alas not mine)

Thats lovely L. I would have been very happy for you if you had said you purchased it.
Our current reps are miles away in terms of beauty and finesse, but also price. I believe that it is the latter which gives us so many choices in the game.
Thanks for sharing!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Thats lovely L. I would have been very happy for you if you had said you purchased it.
Our current reps are miles away in terms of beauty and finesse, but also price. I believe that it is the latter which gives us so many choices in the game.
Thanks for sharing!

This is in your kinda range, 55k cut me out of the race

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is in your kinda range, 55k cut me out of the race

There is a marked difference between not able, and not willing to spend any amount of money my friend. In your case, I understand that it is always the latter. Wise choice too.
You were the guy (at least where I am concerned) which brought to limelight the Sead ($139?) quartz. Yes it is not as refined etc etc but at the end of the day, for the 15202, I will opt for the Sead model. Yes, it won't be the re-issue, yes, it will come with this and that flaw, but you are saving 99.7% of the gen watch cost.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
There is a marked difference between not able, and not willing to spend any amount of money my friend. In your case, I understand that it is always the latter. Wise choice too.
You were the guy (at least where I am concerned) which brought to limelight the Sead ($139?) quartz. Yes it is not as refined etc etc but at the end of the day, for the 15202, I will opt for the Sead model. Yes, it won't be the re-issue, yes, it will come with this and that flaw, but you are saving 99.7% of the gen watch cost.
You actually just convinced me to give it a try before getting a gen (thinking about getting a 15202 gen for a while now)

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You actually just convinced me to give it a try before getting a gen (thinking about getting a 15202 gen for a while now)

Please don't get me wrong, gen will always be gen, and there are details which the rep will never get correct in a million tries. That is why we need the gens for what we TRULY love.
If you are intending to get the gen 15202, then it literally costs you next to nothing to get the rep and try it on. If you can live with it or like it enough, it is literally a huge chunk of money saved.

Reactions: csthe

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Please don't get me wrong, gen will always be gen, and there are details which the rep will never get correct in a million tries. That is why we need the gens for what we TRULY love.
If you are intending to get the gen 15202, then it literally costs you next to nothing to get the rep and try it on. If you can live with it or like it enough, it is literally a huge chunk of money saved.

these are two different pleasure whever you see or not the differences.

on one hand you own a timeless object and wear it and it gains even more value when time is running ...on the other hand you own what you consider as 99percent equal (which for the watch you mention is more at 60percent IMO) but you know that this is just an objet that will become obsolete sooner or later....and worse you have to learn to live with the frustration of the flaws you see every time you check time...

Last edited:

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
these are two different pleasure whever you see or not the differences.

on one hand you own a timeless object and wear it and it gains even more value when time is running ...on the other hand you own what you consider as 99percent equal (which for the watch you mention is more at 60percent IMO) but you know that this is just an objet that will become obsolete sooner or later....and worse you have to learn to live with the frustration of the flaws you see every time you check time...
I see it as a path... Several times I've got a rep and decided to get the gen afterwards. However, even more often I got the rep and I was glad that I didn't got the gen. So the reps are kind of a getaway drug for gens (at least for me).
I'm not sure about the 15202 and after reading this thread I think it is best to give the rep a try before pulling the trigger on the gen.

Reactions: legend

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I see it as a path... Several times I've got a rep and decided to get the gen afterwards. However, even more often I got the rep and I was glad that I didn't got the gen. So the reps are kind of a getaway drug for gens (at least for me).
I'm not sure about the 15202 and after reading this thread I think it is best to give the rep a try before pulling the trigger on the gen.

when you are not sure you shouldn't spend that much in a watch, except if you are rich enough, then I see what you mean ....

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
Spotted the quartz 15202 on another TD’s website. Just ordered, will keep you posted and compare vs my 15450 JF if someone is interested

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Kieran1B

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/17
Does anyone know how to remove the bezel on the 15202?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI