• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF vs. DC Factory vs. Old Quartz vs. JF 15400 V2 - Review (HQ Photos inside)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
the height is the same i thought its bigger (dimension) but that could just be also an optical illusion i must check that when iam at home (iam at work at the moment).

tifasvr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/14
Interesting. I wonder if the how the dimensions (lug to lug and width) from JF, DC factory and the gen differs (aside from height).

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
i will post that in a few days now i must actually prepare the bracelets to build a larger one for me :D

Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So after 6 hours i finally get 2 links out of the defective one :D also fixxed the clasp on that one. Tomorrow i will weight my version (with two links added) and the quartz version and the 15400 now its to late to do it :) i will edit the review on page one and will write a comment here.

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
Ill do my first order on puretime and I can't decide between the JF 15400 and 15202 ... had a poor quality 15400 ( thought it was good before ending on that forum:eek: ) for 3 years I smashed it and now I want a new one it was my daily watch . anyone know if this is a bad time to order on puretime ?? it stress the hell out of me , just had a bad experience with DHgate and they refund me ( yes im a noob ) .

https://imgur.com/a/XbZz0wj

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ill do my first order on puretime and I can't decide between the JF 15400 and 15202 ... had a poor quality 15400 ( thought it was good before ending on that forum:eek: ) for 3 years I smashed it and now I want a new one it was my daily watch . anyone know if this is a bad time to order on puretime ?? it stress the hell out of me , just had a bad experience with DHgate and they refund me ( yes im a noob ) .

https://imgur.com/a/XbZz0wj

It should be a good time now to order from Puretime since CNY is over.

Reactions: phil231991

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So after wearing it a little i must say, i like the model (now it fits lol) but it still looks like a toys watch on my wrist but who cares :D what i don't like is the brushing i don't know why but i like the JF V2 brushing way more because it has this "material" design, the new brushing looks maybe more AP but it looks way more "cheap" in my opinion.

But at the other end its still a replica :) the only thing that really sucks is the price point its never ever 500 bucks worth 350-400 dollar i would say "ok"...

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
I think I will go with the one Ive had for 3 years the 15400 . cant deal with the print on the 15202 ...Audemars Piguet it looks cut .

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The problem is you cant picture the dial because of the structure itself in real life it looks really cool.

Reactions: legend

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
@tifasvr
Thickness and weight added (also in the first post) (lug to lug i forget must add that later or is it so ok?)

Measurements:
DC Factory : 8.0 mm
Old Quartz : 8.1 mm
JF 15202 : 9.6 mm
JF 15400 V2 : 10.02 mm

Measurements:
DC Factory : 142 Grams (removed one link)
Old Quartz : 147 Grams (removed one link)
JF 15202 : 136 Grams (added one link)
JF 15400 V2 : 174 Grams (removed one link)

gesamtenkic.jpg

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Sunny day so i looked at the dial i must say:

1) Under normal light (not direct sunlight) the dial looks extremely good the AP logo has a nice 3D effect like the gen, what i didnt like is that i saw the slightly slendered "A" also the slightly misaligned 12 oclock (which i never saw before) was noticeable BUT its really criticism on a high level most of the people woulnd't even write it down because its a tiny flaw.

2) Under direct sunlight the dial looks greyish AND the white print is almost completely disappearing it looks really not good :D

3) I still don't like the scratches on the fake plate and the mud because normally on a 500 dollar watch that should not happen BUT its a replica so yeah, don't get me wrong i saw watches for 2k with flaws i could not believe that they exist on such "higher" priced models.

I must say i still like it :D even with the flaws its a great watch. Ofcourse i could mod the dial and stuff but i like the watch like it is a Replica and not a gen.

If you like the 15202 then wait or buy this version i would give it 8/10 if they fix some flaws it would be 10/10 its still a nice solid watch. I mean if you look in the 15400 V4 thread or the Submariner ARF thread and see how many units have misaligned markers or other flaws (ARF Sub has the same Price and 15400 is 100 dollar less) you will see that no replica is perfect. At the End we are talking about 500 dollar watches AND not 28k dollar watches like the gen.

For Comparison i have a Steinhart Ocean One for 480 dollars and the brushing is not even close with the brushing from the 15202, The 15202 is miles better and costs almost the same.

Edit: Interesting the AP Gen has a slightly crooked "A" too

Royal-oak-jumbo-WG-2.jpg

Zoom in and look at the button part of the "A" its slightly crooked like mine here.

CSI enhanced:
VDCdAq.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Sunny day so i looked at the dial i must say:

1) Under normal light (not direct sunlight) the dial looks extremely good the AP logo has a nice 3D effect like the gen, what i didnt like is that i saw the slightly slendered "A" also the slightly misaligned 12 oclock (which i never saw before) was noticeable BUT its really criticism on a high level most of the people woulnd't even write it down because its a tiny flaw.

2) Under direct sunlight the dial looks greyish AND the white print is almost completely disappearing it looks really not good :D

3) I still don't like the scratches on the fake plate and the mud because normally on a 500 dollar watch that should not happen BUT its a replica so yeah, don't get me wrong i saw watches for 2k with flaws i could not believe that they exist on such "higher" priced models.

I must say i still like it :D even with the flaws its a great watch. Ofcourse i could mod the dial and stuff but i like the watch like it is a Replica and not a gen.

If you like the 15202 then wait or buy this version i would give it 8/10 if they fix some flaws it would be 10/10 its still a nice solid watch. I mean if you look in the 15400 V4 thread or the Submariner ARF thread and see how many units have misaligned markers or other flaws (ARF Sub has the same Price and 15400 is 100 dollar less) you will see that no replica is perfect. At the End we are talking about 500 dollar watches AND not 28k dollar watches like the gen.

For Comparison i have a Steinhart Ocean One for 480 dollars and the brushing is not even close with the brushing from the 15202, The 15202 is miles better and costs almost the same.

Edit: Interesting the AP Gen has a slightly crooked "A" too

Royal-oak-jumbo-WG-2.jpg

Zoom in and look at the button part of the "A" its slightly crooked like mine here.

CSI enhanced:
VDCdAq.jpg

Bro I do think you give a lot to the forum but things like this you just pointed out imo is just ridiculous and I think it causes people to have unreal exceptions. That said I do appreciate your efforts to put forth info.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Cristobal

tifasvr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/14
@tifasvr
Thickness and weight added (also in the first post) (lug to lug i forget must add that later or is it so ok?)

Measurements:
DC Factory : 8.0 mm
Old Quartz : 8.1 mm
JF 15202 : 9.6 mm
JF 15400 V2 : 10.02 mm

Measurements:
DC Factory : 142 Grams (removed one link)
Old Quartz : 147 Grams (removed one link)
JF 15202 : 136 Grams (added one link)
JF 15400 V2 : 174 Grams (removed one link)

gesamtenkic.jpg

Wow. the JF is lighter than the quartz version. a bit surprised given that there is quite a bit of extra metal due to the dimensions.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Bro I do think you give a lot to the forum but things like this you just pointed out imo is just ridiculous and I think it causes people to have unreal exceptions. That said I do appreciate your efforts to put forth info.

Sent from the RWI App

I do appreciate the efforts of Tigerdragon writing the reviews and listing the lesser seen details for us. He has made many good points. I am grateful for members like him who take the time and trouble for the benefit of the rest of us.

It is ultimately the opinion of one member, and like everything else, you need to exercise discernment for what you peruse. Of course it is rare to find perfect agreement in a community for any opinion, but we do learn more from differences than from agreements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I just wanted to point out even Gens have issues (i even have a photo where the AP logo has mud between A and P maybe i will find it on my phone then i can post it).

And for the reps ofcourse i point out EVERY flaw but in the end they are tiny flaws which nobody will see, if you want the perfect rep you must mod it or must have luck because there is no QC every rep has some issues but its ok because its a rep. Thats all what i wanted to say :) and thank you legend for the kind words :)

I still love the 15202 even with the tiny flaws its a great watch :) we all should enjoy the watches more BUT ofcourse we must point out flaws because actually the factorys can fix it (sometimes they actually do) if we don't point them out nobody will fix anything.

Wow. the JF is lighter than the quartz version. a bit surprised given that there is quite a bit of extra metal due to the dimensions.

Do you need the lug to lug measurements? :)

Last edited:

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
I tried to buy it on puretime .. the JF 15400 but my credit card company refuse to pass the transaction :( ... im from canada so 428USD( shipping included) = 564CAD but it charged me 650$ on my credit card ... mastercard refuses the transaction but it was still 650$ ... 86$ more than expected .. any idea why?
and btw thanks again for that complete review on these watches