• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF vs. DC Factory vs. Old Quartz vs. JF 15400 V2 - Review (HQ Photos inside)

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
the outside edges are perfect but the inside edges are a little sharp . but you dont feel it on the wrist

Thank you. That's the same problem I had with the 15400, which is one of the reason I ultimately swapped the bracelet with a gen (got a good deal on it). The gen is worlds apart in fit, finish, and feel.

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
Thank you. That's the same problem I had with the 15400, which is one of the reason I ultimately swapped the bracelet with a gen (got a good deal on it). The gen is worlds apart in fit, finish, and feel.

doesn't bother me that much , I have oiled the bracelet screws and its smother . what is the version of your 15400 ? maybe a watch smith can do something to make the edge smoother , I will see .

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
doesn't bother me that much , I have oiled the bracelet screws and its smother . what is the version of your 15400 ? maybe a watch smith can do something to make the edge smoother , I will see .

I had a V4. I still have my old rep bracelet. Will likely sell it sometime soon.

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
Sorry guys can’t stop looking at it . Heres another shot

Vvmm5b.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Rolly123

17/11/18
Sorry guys can’t stop looking at it . Heres another shot

Vvmm5b.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Beautiful and great lighting in the pic. You've convinced me to get one. How's the movement and rotor? Heard a few people were having issues. Is the rotor loud?

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
Beautiful and great lighting in the pic. You've convinced me to get one. How's the movement and rotor? Heard a few people were having issues. Is the rotor loud?

when I wear it I really don't ear the rotor ... If I ''swing'' it then I can ear it at some point , it's not bothering me . accuracy is on point as well . btw what size is your wrist , im 7 and took of only one link .

Faj

10/3/19
What a gorgeous looking watch in this picture, I ordered a 15400 but worry now to big. I thought this model,is to old and not updated.
Darn.
Anyway I am thInking about taking this one too.
Which Factory is this?

Reactions: phil231991

Rolly123

17/11/18
I just went into my local AP boutique and they had the 15202 in yellow gold but with the same dark blue dial, so I tried it on. Man the gen is so thin and light, incredible! I really don't think you'll notice the rep being a couple mm thicker... In fact I think it will give it better wrist presence as the gen is really very thin.
​​​​​​
A couple of thoughts from wearing the gen. The Audemars Piguet writing on the dial is sooo small I really doubt you will notice the line through it on the rep.

The dial colour of the rep actually looks spot on (gen vs pictures of rep). The gen is actually quite a dull navy (a lot like the colour of the reply box that I'm typing this message in actually), and it doesn't really glisten or shimmer under the shop lighting (don't know about sunlight in afraid).

Having looked at videos on puretime of the rep about an hour after trying the gen, whilst of course not a side by side comparison, I'd say this is a really quite excellent rep that seems to capture the essence of the gen and would be very very hard to spot on the wrist.

Apparently AP produce only 40k watches per year across their entire range and the waiting list (which is closed) is over 5 years once you're lucky enough to get on it, so chances are you won't ever see a gen in the wild.in comparison, despite having insane demand at the moment I've seen 2 ceramic Daytonas in the last week around London (I'm assuming they're gen but who knows!).

Hope these ramblings help people. I've decided I'll be purchasing the 15202 rep in a few weeks once the bank balance is looking healthy again!

Faj

10/3/19
„I've decided I'll be purchasing the 15202 rep in a few weeks once the bank balance is looking healthy again!“

... and so did I - must have one soo badly too.

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
I just went into my local AP boutique and they had the 15202 in yellow gold but with the same dark blue dial, so I tried it on. Man the gen is so thin and light, incredible! I really don't think you'll notice the rep being a couple mm thicker... In fact I think it will give it better wrist presence as the gen is really very thin.
​​​​​​
A couple of thoughts from wearing the gen. The Audemars Piguet writing on the dial is sooo small I really doubt you will notice the line through it on the rep.

The dial colour of the rep actually looks spot on (gen vs pictures of rep). The gen is actually quite a dull navy (a lot like the colour of the reply box that I'm typing this message in actually), and it doesn't really glisten or shimmer under the shop lighting (don't know about sunlight in afraid).

Having looked at videos on puretime of the rep about an hour after trying the gen, whilst of course not a side by side comparison, I'd say this is a really quite excellent rep that seems to capture the essence of the gen and would be very very hard to spot on the wrist.

Apparently AP produce only 40k watches per year across their entire range and the waiting list (which is closed) is over 5 years once you're lucky enough to get on it, so chances are you won't ever see a gen in the wild.in comparison, despite having insane demand at the moment I've seen 2 ceramic Daytonas in the last week around London (I'm assuming they're gen but who knows!).

Hope these ramblings help people. I've decided I'll be purchasing the 15202 rep in a few weeks once the bank balance is looking healthy again!

you'll love it it's even better in real life . I've had the 15400 in the past and the 15202 feels way more proportional on my wrist for this kind of classy sport watch ( 7'' wrist ) . I have oiled the screws on the bracelet and its very smooth . When I was fist looking at this model I was not sure because it as no second-hand ... but since I got it I really enjoy the minimalist look and the chunky round tip of hands .
keep us in touch and post some pic when you get it :drinks_cheers:

phil231991

Known Member
21/2/19
yup . I wonder if on the gen the printing press is on a flat surface vs rep on the squares

Rolly123

17/11/18
you'll love it it's even better in real life . I've had the 15400 in the past and the 15202 feels way more proportional on my wrist for this kind of classy sport watch ( 7'' wrist ) . I have oiled the screws on the bracelet and its very smooth . When I was fist looking at this model I was not sure because it as no second-hand ... but since I got it I really enjoy the minimalist look and the chunky round tip of hands .
keep us in touch and post some pic when you get it :drinks_cheers:

Thanks - I will do! My write is only 6.25 inch, so reckon I'll need a few more links out!

reklamezonen

30/7/13
I just recieved mine and its not working.
The rotor is spinning But The balance weel is not moving. This is very bad.

Dont no What to Do ?