• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF vs. DC Factory vs. Old Quartz vs. JF 15400 V2 - Review (HQ Photos inside)

reklamezonen

30/7/13
Great review.

Can you take some pictures in sunlight please, its very difficult to see The color of this watch.

Do you still like The watch?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah i must wait until the sun is here :D and yes i still like the watch :D

tifasvr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/14
I just wanted to point out even Gens have issues (i even have a photo where the AP logo has mud between A and P maybe i will find it on my phone then i can post it).

And for the reps ofcourse i point out EVERY flaw but in the end they are tiny flaws which nobody will see, if you want the perfect rep you must mod it or must have luck because there is no QC every rep has some issues but its ok because its a rep. Thats all what i wanted to say :) and thank you legend for the kind words :)

I still love the 15202 even with the tiny flaws its a great watch :) we all should enjoy the watches more BUT ofcourse we must point out flaws because actually the factorys can fix it (sometimes they actually do) if we don't point them out nobody will fix anything.

Do you need the lug to lug measurements? :)

it would be interesting to know!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Great! Thanks.

I Do like it to. and it look slim on your wrist to.

VV22DQ.jpg
VV2GNf.jpg
VV2wyX.jpg
VV2lLp.jpg
VV2gks.jpg

Here you go buddy :)

Rolly123

17/11/18
VV22DQ.jpg
VV2GNf.jpg
VV2wyX.jpg
VV2lLp.jpg
VV2gks.jpg

Here you go buddy :)

This looks really great and I think the blue will go nicely with a suit and not be too bright and in your face. I'm just not sure about the line through the AUDEMARS PIGUET wording... Is it really noticeable / does it bug you when you wear it?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
No its not really noticable the dial is little and not huge like the 15400 dial. I love the watch because its to light in comparison to the heavy 15400 JF V2.

@tifasvr
will write down the lug to lug later also from the DC factory version :)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
No idea but this version came out 2 month ago so i don't think they would now release a new version would make no sense actually.

tifasvr

Lug to lug:
DC version: 4.1 cm
JF Version: 4.0 cm

But the DC version wears much larger because the case is completely different, JF is more gen like and wears a lot smaller

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Different model but the 15202 uses the same clasp design like the V5

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So I still like the watch but man the brushing is really not good I mean it's more gen like but I scratched the case and bracelet when iam cleaning the watch with a normal watchsmith cleaning towel that never happened to any of my watches oO I mean the watch will have scratches anyway but how shitty must the brushing/steel be if you can get scratches when you cleaning the watch come on thats ridiculous :D

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
So I still like the watch but man the brushing is really not good I mean it's more gen like but I scratched the case and bracelet when iam cleaning the watch with a normal watchsmith cleaning towel that never happened to any of my watches oO I mean the watch will have scratches anyway but how shitty must the brushing/steel be if you can get scratches when you cleaning the watch come on thats ridiculous :D

Cannot imagine that steel scratches just from dust - not speaking about mirror polished surfaces.

Imagine if you got a precious metal watch - how easy that is to scratch is unimaginable hehe

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I don't know how but the steel is really soft and iam very carefully when iam cleaning my watches what I did see is that the bracelet is not scratching at all only the case/bezel has this weak steel. So be careful guys.

Look I made a photo, look at the right corner that scratch did come from cleaning (also small scratches you can't see on the case/bezel).

The watch looks still like a mess never had this problems with the JF V2 i don't know what they changed but the steel on the case is not good.
f682f3ed670a92a63ce367370e7914e5.jpg

Edit:

ok after reading this:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=399718

Seems like JF did a good job on copy the finishing when iam read something like this:

"Being an owner of 15400 I can say:
1. I wear the watch almost on a daily basis, to work (not an office job, hands on engineering, sometimes working with tools). I consider it a fine daily wearer, you just need to be aware that it is indeed a scratch magnet - I manage to put a little scratch on the polished bezel part - just with my fingernail
"

On a 20k watch wow

Last edited: