• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF vs. DC Factory vs. Old Quartz vs. JF 15400 V2 - Review (HQ Photos inside)

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Just what we needed, deserve to be stickied, thanks for this perfect review!

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Great comparison of one of the best watches ever made! Thanks!

N0tail_

1/6/17
Theoretically the dials are interchangeable of course if they are based on the same movement. MasterWatch I think you have a spare blue V2 dial?

If it's not the bubble version and if you're willing to sell it I'd be a happy customer :rolleyes:

Dissquared

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/1/17
thank u for the review! I still got the Sead V1 ... i really love it but the better jf version with not the correct height makes me hard to order it :/

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I always value your insights

but seriously wtf is up with that dial text printing?! At least the minute ticks are better than the 15400

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Lets say it that way it looks terrible in high res photos, on the wrist at a normal distance it looks way more "sharper" because the dial texture has this strange look (double sunburst effect) and thats why it looks so strange, i mean i critize the shit out of this watch but even i must admit that they did a very good job here, way better than the old 15400.

But what i dont accept or understand is that it is 100 dollar more (for less material) and some brushing errors which people will say "you are crazy" but sorry its a premium price so they could just look a little bit after the brushing. I would still say if you can invest 500 dollars and love the 15202 like i do, buy it! On the wrist nobody will call you out because the new brushing is ridiclious good and the small dial looks like gen (not 100 % but yeah) and i think you got easy fool gen owners who are not that into watches like we here.

Maybe i critized it a way to much in my review but at the end you must show up the flaws even if they are "tiny" they are still flaws and if you want 100 dollar more for less steel (compared to the 15400) that should not happen.

But i really love the dial its way more close to the gen than all of the 15400 ive seen which is not so hard because its tiny compared to the big 15400. And come on nobody can say to me "They must build and invest in the 15202 thats why its more pricey" come on thats ridiclious they use the same cnc machines like before just with different parameters and everyone that follows me knows that i normally don't rage about prices but come on did somebody saw the new omega watches? With the new movement? How much do they cost? 365 dollars? And there is a lot more material + other costs than this watch here...

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Lets say it that way it looks terrible in high res photos, on the wrist at a normal distance it looks way more "sharper" because the dial texture has this strange look (double sunburst effect) and thats why it looks so strange, i mean i critize the shit out of this watch but even i must admit that they did a very good job here, way better than the old 15400.

But what i dont accept or understand is that it is 100 dollar more (for less material) and some brushing errors which people will say "you are crazy" but sorry its a premium price so they could just look a little bit after the brushing. I would still say if you can invest 500 dollars and love the 15202 like i do, buy it! On the wrist nobody will call you out because the new brushing is ridiclious good and the small dial looks like gen (not 100 % but yeah) and i think you got easy fool gen owners who are not that into watches like we here.

Maybe i critized it a way to much in my review but at the end you must show up the flaws even if they are "tiny" they are still flaws and if you want 100 dollar more for less steel (compared to the 15400) that should not happen.

But i really love the dial its way more close to the gen than all of the 15400 ive seen which is not so hard because its tiny compared to the big 15400. And come on nobody can say to me "They must build and invest in the 15202 thats why its more pricey" come on thats ridiclious they use the same cnc machines like before just with different parameters and everyone that follows me knows that i normally don't rage about prices but come on did somebody saw the new omega watches? With the new movement? How much do they cost? 365 dollars? And there is a lot more material + other costs than this watch here...

Do you think the DC date wheel can be transplanted onto the JF 15202?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Not a movement expert but since the DC version is way bigger I don't think it would fit. Also the DC dial has a completely wrong color for the standard non platinum 15202

Reactions: vcappp

extintor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/18

What i am afraid is about the dial. I dont know if is the weather or the light, but the dial looks very dark, almost black, and i would say that i like it, but it is genlike?

I know that the gen is dark, but so dark? I saw other gen pics where the dial looks like deep dark blue but...blue.

What i cant understand in your review is that you say that ghe dial is dull and the gen is "way more blue" but now you say that looks like gen. Maybe can you explain what do you mean?

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
They will never replicate the blue but in some lights it's almost gen like (warm light) under electronic light and daylight not so much.

BUT they are so many 15202 dial versions hard to say which one is the closest.

extintor

16/12/18
They will never replicate the blue but in some lights it's almost gen like (warm light) under electronic light and daylight not so much.

BUT they are so many 15202 dial versions hard to say which one is the closest.

Obviously the blue color is almost impossible to replicate, but the rep color by itself is a good blue color? U said that the dial is better than the 15400, rigth?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Than the v4 yes 100% against the V2 not so much but the V2 is a different year anyway.

tifasvr

14/11/14
How is the weight compare between JF and the Quartz v2?

Is the difference in height that hard to feel?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
No weight not really it's way lighter than my 15400.

Height on the wrist no but you can see it if you have them next to each other

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Obviously the blue color is almost impossible to replicate, but the rep color by itself is a good blue color? U said that the dial is better than the 15400, rigth?

I think that the only people who can legitimately tell you about the color difference are the ones who own the gen (and the rep) or have both in hand at the same time to make a comparison. These are also the only people who will understand the color differences under different lighting. I own the gen blue and black 15400. Mech owns a gen blue 15400. I’m sure there’re others who do own the gens but did not bother to share their beauties with us.
So what I’m trying to tell you is this: pick a color you like personally and buy it and wear it well. It’s very unlikely that you’ll run into someone with the gen model in the same color, statistically speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

tifasvr

14/11/14
No weight not really it's way lighter than my 15400.

Height on the wrist no but you can see it if you have them next to each other

Great to hear. I didn't end up wearing my 15400 much because it was too heavy. I'm on the fence on this since I haven't been wearing my 15400 much because of the weight, size and thickness.

Can you weigh the JF 15202, Quartz 15202, JF15400?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yes i can do BUT i have something different to share.

So as you know the my bracelet is to short for my arm so i purched the broken 15202 from @KS_watches (to have links for my bracelet) now something interested happened! Actually they changed the case in the newer versions.

I have the old version from January 7 and the version from january 30 (with working movement) AND the sizes are different the January 7 version has a wider case. Also the bezel is a little bit different.

Edit: ok could also be an optical illusion.

Last edited:

tifasvr

14/11/14
Yes i can do BUT i have something different to share.

So as you know the my bracelet is to short for my arm so i purched the broken 15202 from @KS_watches (to have links for my bracelet) now something interested happened! Actually they changed the case in the newer versions.

I have the old version from January 7 and the version from january 30 (with working movement) AND the sizes are different the January 7 version has a wider case. Also the bezel is a little bit different.

Edit: ok could also be an optical illusion.

Is the height the same? or just an optical illusion.