• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would a Rose Gold AP15400 with blue dial and custom blue leather strap look good?

josephml

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Thinking of getting a Rose Gold AP15400 with blue dial. I love the rose gold watch face with blue dial (not sure using correct watch terms here).

My issue is with a rose gold band, it will bump into a million things a day and scrape/fade.

I was thinking of getting a custom blue leather strap. What are your thoughts?

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
yeah, that would look cool. There are a lot of strap makers in the strapmaker section of the forum that you can contact that can help you with this

Reactions: josephml

josephml

Horology Curious
12/1/19
yeah, that would look cool. There are a lot of strap makers in the strapmaker section of the forum that you can contact that can help you with this

Thanks, Only downside is how long it will take to buy the watch, ship it to Australia, then ship it to a strapmaker then they have to work on it and ship it back.

Can TDs put a blue leather strap on it for me? Or will the quality not be that good?

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
If you're asking if they'll source a strap and put it on for you, then no. Their business is to source watches from Chinese factories, and then ship them to you. They don't curate these watches with customized strap options unless the option is listed on their website. Also, keep in mind that the straps that may come with these watches are generally of a very poor quality, and it's usually worth splurging on a nicer strap.

AP straps are very easy to switch out, as long as you have access to a screw-driver. No need to give it to a strap maker or a watch repairer.

fauxgo

Horology Curious
3/12/17
One thing that might be worth asking your td for is a set of end link plots for a leather strap in rose gold. If you order a bracelet model from td you will need them when the time comes to fit your leather strap, as the plots are different for strap/bracelet models. Best of luck

Reactions: josephml