• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forged carbon diver ..V6 or JF

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I had half an hour yesterday to play with the following combinations

15706 Xf v2 with stock classic dw and mikey cyclops
15706 Xf v2 with mikey modern dw and prof cyclops

15707 xf v2 with stock modern dw and mikey cyclops
15703 noob with omega dw and noob cyclops
15710 jf v9 with mikey modern dw and jf cyclops

in a nutshell i believe that :

Xf dw opening is larger than jf or noob
This makes the slightly smaller stock classic font a little too small

I prefer mikey cyclops generally even if prof is way way clearer (but it has a blue tint)

Modern font on XF is exactly the same of mikey modern which is good
The same does not apply to classic font which in the double digits especially tend to be a bit too small

Also in my humble and absolutely unbiased opinion if you have jf cyclops there is no need to change it. It’s great.
Stock xf cyclops on the other hand MUST be changed; then at that point get prof cyclops I’d say and poop on them peasants !

Jf and xf crystals are absolutely perfect, fantastic clarity

Last but not least the stem is clearly weak, or not as good as jf or noob, in XF divers. Of all 3 i have here every time you fiddle with it it’s not working perfectly all the times. Empirically speaking obviously. Especially when you screw back in

Bonus: the 2 15706 despite being purchased as both v2 have slightly different casebacks. The rest is equally good and similar on both (great marbling sparkling in sunlight - the noob i had couple of years ago was quite dull) so not sure if my friend or I got not what we asked for or the factory has some different batches or parts.

PS: I still have them with me couple of days so if you want to see other details dlmk

Reactions: tom1912 and legend

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/17
EU
I had a jf v5 forged carbon and now i have the xf v2.
Jf in my opinion had better xtal, cyclop, strap, dial and caseback.
Xf in my opinion has a better case.
So i decided to put the jf parts on the xf from a jf myota that i had disassembled.
That's the result:
2443f8cdefde0018fb6420832ef5fd0e.jpg

Xf dial:
10017649965a5b754c25ee6f9e200b86.jpg

Jf dial:
adf98d93f472e2146e0f589380d950b9.jpg

de2aa8f1bcc97d0b31ba03b21556b13c.jpg

Reactions: Jurgenk and Pdatoon

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
What is the general consensus on this one right now?
What would you prefer right out of the box?
XF V3 or JF V6?

The XF has a better case is what some people said. But the rest is better at the JF?
How much better is the case of the XF that you prefer the whole watch over the JF? Or is it because of the 120$ difference?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What is the general consensus on this one right now?
What would you prefer right out of the box?
XF V3 or JF V6?

The XF has a better case is what some people said. But the rest is better at the JF?
How much better is the case of the XF that you prefer the whole watch over the JF? Or is it because of the 120$ difference?

I will say go for the XF v3.

1. Better case
2. More accurate movement with instant date change
3. Cyclop: neither are optimal, you need the one profsteve has.
4. Nice movable endlinks on the XF
5. hands are better on the XF.
6. Dial wise, there are variations in the gen, depending on batch. So get what you like, it is not probable that anyone can call your watch out based on the dial.