• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Forged carbon diver ..V6 or JF

pbarsenal1

21/1/15
Hi been out the the rep game for ages but have moved house and can’t find my loved JF Forged carbon diver
had this for around 4 years and was the last rep I bought .
looking to pick up another after the holidays and was checking if anyone has any feedback on which is currently the better version
The V6 or the JF version .

any feedback much appreciated

pb

pbarsenal1

21/1/15
Thanks for the responses .. much appreciated .. looks like the XF .. I’m sure as soon as I order V3 will be out ????.. thanks again

SBM

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/17
FYI: Stem breaks easily on the XF

MrOptional

8/10/18
Not very likely that XF V3 will come out anytime soon, I think. V2 is a pretty good rep, and I don't really think there is anything major that should be improved. I've read somewhere on this forum that XF is working to replicate 15703, so don't really think you should wait for another version.

There has been a silent update to V2, now it has a brushed bezel. Took place I think November last year or so.

Verdict - beautiful watch, wears really well, great balance, get 15706 XF v2. I have one and love it.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Not very likely that XF V3 will come out anytime soon, I think. V2 is a pretty good rep, and I don't really think there is anything major that should be improved. I've read somewhere on this forum that XF is working to replicate 15703, so don't really think you should wait for another version.

There has been a silent update to V2, now it has a brushed bezel. Took place I think November last year or so.

Verdict - beautiful watch, wears really well, great balance, get 15706 XF v2. I have one and love it.

hmm who said there will be XF 15703 lol?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
hmm who said there will be XF 15703 lol?

nine posted a thread where different case variations with different finishings and steel alloys were shown.

he also was the guy who received specially modded dials for 15706 and 15703 with a better finish (more engraving lines and a bit better cyclops) than every other currently available rep dial.
He also sent the dial samples to some members here if i remember correctly (they also made posts and even a thread regarding those bespoken dials)

Somehow it seemed trustworthy... dont know anything else.

If JF steps up their game everything is fine hehe.

MrOptional

8/10/18
Exactly. Can't wait for XF 15703 not sure what's taking them SO long. They developed the case already, they have the movement, they have the straps... Can't wait. So yes, don't know about v3 coming out, at least haven't heard anything, and frankly don't know what else needs to be improved on that v2(.5) XF.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Exactly. Can't wait for XF 15703 not sure what's taking them SO long. They developed the case already, they have the movement, they have the straps... Can't wait. So yes, don't know about v3 coming out, at least haven't heard anything, and frankly don't know what else needs to be improved on that v2(.5) XF.

Cyclops. Jf is miles ahead on that

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
you remember that XF custom prototype cyclops that was posted by nine and another member in a review? one of the dials had a better cyclops compared to everything currently available...

unfortunately the guy vanished away as it seems.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ed-dial-cyclop

thanks for the link. That might have been a one off because what we saw so far for both XF v2 15706 and 15707 are extremely cloudy cyclops. Even Mikey's cyclops which is great but it's not renown for extreme clarity is night and day compared to stock xf

pbarsenal1

21/1/15
Thanks again for feedback for this my version before was the JF v5 with the updated white hour hand .. was a nice watch and JF crystals are very good ..

think i I will buy the XF and if not happy with the cyclops flip it ..

thanks again

pb