• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap 15706

Picy

Horology Curious
11/1/19
Hi all, this app won’t allow me to attach a picture so I’m going to try explain it..

On an Audemars Piguet Carbon Diver 15706 is the circle around the dial that is 1/4 yellow and 3/4 black supposed to move or not?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yes. It’s being moved by the crown at 10.

MrOptional

8/10/18
Picy
I just got this watch from XF a few days ago, it's a great watch. The yellow piece moves around indeed, and it's a dive timer. I wouldn't worry much about it, I don't think you would use it that much on the rep, but it's fully functional if needed. It's a good watch, let me know if you have any questions about it!

Reactions: Picy

Picy

Horology Curious
11/1/19
Picy
I just got this watch from XF a few days ago, it's a great watch. The yellow piece moves around indeed, and it's a dive timer. I wouldn't worry much about it, I don't think you would use it that much on the rep, but it's fully functional if needed. It's a good watch, let me know if you have any questions about it!

Awesome! How does the watch feel on the wrist? I’m thinking about getting the AP 15707, same idea just ceramic instead of carbon (I think) and the dive timer is orange instead of yellow

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Awesome! How does the watch feel on the wrist? I’m thinking about getting the AP 15707, same idea just ceramic instead of carbon (I think) and the dive timer is orange instead of yellow

Both are great watches. The carbon however being the one closer to gen.

Reactions: legend and Picy

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Really? What makes it that much better? Do you recommend any specific version and factory?

Because it’s better. Lol. The ceramic from XF isn’t as good as their carbon. Always comes down to personal preference and whether you can live with flaws or not. If you can live with them, both are great choices. If a wrong dial effect/print/pattern is an issue to you (dial still looks good but isn’t true to gen), you should consider getting the carbon version.

Of course, you’ll also have the open cb problem with the ceramic which the carbon does not have.

Picy

Horology Curious
11/1/19
Because it’s better. Lol. The ceramic from XF isn’t as good as their carbon. Always comes down to personal preference and whether you can live with flaws or not. If you can live with them, both are great choices. If a wrong dial effect/print/pattern is an issue to you (dial still looks good but isn’t true to gen), you should consider getting the carbon version.

Of course, you’ll also have the open cb problem with the ceramic which the carbon does not have.

I wasn’t aware of this, thank you for your input sir, I appreciate it

MrOptional

8/10/18
Picy
QueTip pretty much summed it up. XF v2 15706 feels great on the hand. For example, while 15703 or 15710 is a great watch, for me personally, it feels top heavy. 15400 on the other hand feels heavy all around, but that's why it's comfortable to wear. 15706 actually feels light all around. Because of forged carbon material it's around 130 grams (I think), while 15703 is probably 50% heavier on top. For daily wear I really like it. The only thing to keep in mind is that the watch will feel a bit toy like maybe because it's so light, but on the other hand it's comfortable. Also, doesn't scratch as bad as stainless steel versions. But be careful with QC when ordering, I know there are a few bad copies floating out there, I feel QC of XF is not on par with JF. And I think it's better than 15707 for reasons QueTip mentioned, one of them being open case back.