• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mysterious scratches on case back

vaneate

Horology Curious
14/8/17

Just bought a brand new 44mm Ceramic and after wearing it for 1 day there’s deep scratches on the case back... how is this even possible when it’s on my wrist the whole day? Anyone encounter such mysterious scratches out of nowhere?

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Your picture is not really precise. Could you upload a better Picture?

It’s normally not possible to got deep scratching from normal wearing.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

vaneate

Horology Curious
14/8/17
Your picture is not really precise. Could you upload a better Picture?

It’s normally not possible to got deep scratching from normal wearing.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I got a potato as phone so my camera isn’t very good haha!

But on a serious note, that’s what I thought as well! When I received it I checked it under a bright light that there’s no scratches at all. Worn it for 1 day without removing until I’m back home and that’s when I noticed very very deep scratches. So I was thinking was it my sweaty wrist + my wrist hair that caused such deep scratches?

nick3237

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/18
Boston, MA
Not really possible. Was the watch placed down on a table on it's case back?

Also, I will say that some scratches aren't detectable under certain light / angle. Especially on a brushed surface.

vaneate

Horology Curious
14/8/17
Not really possible. Was the watch placed down on a table on it's case back?

Also, I will say that some scratches aren't detectable under certain light / angle. Especially on a brushed surface.

It was not, it was on my wrist the entire day. That’s why it’s puzzling me. Never have I ever encounter such a bizarre situation where the case back got deep scratches when it’s on my wrist :(

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Weird, got any jewel who can have scratch it? the scratch is kinda hardcore...

Dog breath

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/18

Just bought a brand new 44mm Ceramic and after wearing it for 1 day there’s deep scratches on the case back... how is this even possible when it’s on my wrist the whole day? Anyone encounter such mysterious scratches out of nowhere?

Holy smokes!!! It’s the rep demon get a priest ASAP!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Sounds like the beginning of a creepy pasta - keep us informed of the Chinese demon which has possessed your watch.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Looks like sand came under the case back. Even the slightest amount of abrasive materials will harm this finish of and AP - they are known for being scratch magnets. But not scratches made by ghosts hehe

vaneate

Horology Curious
14/8/17
Hahaha! Rep demons. Good one! Should I change the case back or just embrace the scratch? :confused:

pob994

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/5/16
Stop masturbating with the watch on your wrist!!

Reactions: rj999

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hahaha! Rep demons. Good one! Should I change the case back or just embrace the scratch? :confused:

Oh don’t listen to them. The demon is gen lol.

Embrace the scratches. It’s going to be scratched one way or another as you wear it. Having it scratch already will lessen and mitigate any future heartache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
I bet they are due to a bracelet worn on the same hand.

Me too, even a small ceramic jewel produces polishing that look too much.

Its' time to choose your preferable grit scotchbrite and refresh it if you feel that way.