• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 44mm ROO "Pride of Germany" 2019 SIHH release

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Among all the “pride” models produced by AP, The Pride of Siam is probably my favorite.
It is a model which is unique in many aspects, significantly the white ceramic bezel which no other 42mm AP ROO (diver excluded) seems to have (from my casual memory) I will buy it in a heartbeat if I come across one priced reasonably.
I like models with ceramic bezels and also models with gold indices and hands. The combination is just so elegant.
So , the question of all questions.. Who's repping whose taste brother? LOL :qtip2:

Reactions: legend

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Among all the “pride” models produced by AP, The Pride of Siam is probably my favorite.
It is a model which is unique in many aspects, significantly the white ceramic bezel which no other 42mm AP ROO (diver excluded) seems to have (from my casual memory) I will buy it in a heartbeat if I come across one priced reasonably.
I like models with ceramic bezels and also models with gold indices and hands. The combination is just so elegant.

6c10782d223404ff4f9ba5724e5e8978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A. I agree and ...listen listen..2 weeks ago i was in Raffles City mall and a middle age local was wearing one. I wanted to "stomp" him but didnt manage to. So there are some of these elegant and elusive beasts out there in the wild..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
A. I agree and ...listen listen..2 weeks ago i was in Raffles City mall and a middle age local was wearing one. I wanted to "stomp" him but didnt manage to. So there are some of these elegant and elusive beasts out there in the wild..

Damn L. I’ll need to try getting one!

Reactions: Allure

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
On second thought, I doubt the LIMITEO misprint will be fixed on any pieces. This is surprising that JF would make such a mistake. They have always paid attention to detail and made high quality AP reps. Very disappointing since this would be nearly perfect if it were not for that. Certainly there are other small issues but for me misspellings are a not something I can live with on this.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
On second thought, I doubt the LIMITEO misprint will be fixed on any pieces. This is surprising that JF would make such a mistake. They have always paid attention to detail and made high quality AP reps. Very disappointing since this would be nearly perfect if it were not for that. Certainly there are other small issues but for me misspellings are a not something I can live with on this.

They fixed the wrong rotor on 15202, but they let this horror as it, that's sad, they ruined a nice rep lol.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

We get flaws like the date window position, thickness etc. But spelling mistakes like this are just plain silly and should have been avoided.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
We get flaws like the date window position, thickness etc. But spelling mistakes like this are just plain silly and should have been avoided.

No wayinhiooo bro :)

Roo are flawed due to the 7750 (98%) but they could at least being able to make correct laser etching on a caseback for the 2% remaining.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No wayinhiooo bro :)

Roo are flawed due to the 7750 (98%) but they could at least being able to make correct laser etching on a caseback for the 2% remaining.

One day we will get banned together bro. 98% chance. :hehehe:

nuts

Horology Curious
26/5/20
Trusty Time now has a v2 of this watch.

JF Factory AP Royal Oak Offshore Pride of Germany V2

Limiteo edition lives on.

MurkHoff

Horology Curious
14/8/20
Hi, I've noticed a flaw(?) on this rep. The rotor on the back should have a silhouette of the Brandenburg Gate, rather than the normal 22-carat gold rotor seen on 3126/3840. Do you guys think this difference in the rotors would be corrected in later versions?

The actual rotor that was used in the final versions
roo_26415ce-oo-a002ca-01_backcase_gp11_original

The rotor on the rep
Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Pride-of-Germany-26415CE_8358-1024x683.jpg

Edit: I'm new here so I'm not sure whether this kind of stuff should be brought up or I'm just being nit-picky.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi, I've noticed a flaw(?) on this rep. The rotor on the back should have a silhouette of the Brandenburg Gate, rather than the normal 22-carat gold rotor seen on 3126/3840. Do you guys think this difference in the rotors would be corrected in later versions?

Edit: I'm new here so I'm not sure whether this kind of stuff should be brought up or I'm just being nit-picky.

Well factually you’re right. But you do realize that you’re picking on a very obscure detail which will not matter in real life. You see what you see but I’ll recommend you start from the rest of the very obvious flaws like case thickness, date window position, dial details, the entire movement used, and others.

You’re not wrong but it’s a detail which hardly matters in the face of the other more notable flaws.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Well factually you’re right. But you do realize that you’re picking on a very obscure detail which will not matter in real life. You see what you see but I’ll recommend you start from the rest of the very obvious flaws like case thickness, date window position, dial details, the entire movement used, and others.

You’re not wrong but it’s a detail which hardly matters in the face of the other more notable flaws.

MurkHoff

Horology Curious
14/8/20
Thanks for the explanation! I know this kind of detail is obscure, but I just wanted to point it out XD Still, thanks for the feedback!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for the explanation! I know this kind of detail is obscure, but I just wanted to point it out XD Still, thanks for the feedback!

Still it’s another tell you pointed out. These damn rep factory reps are full of flaws indeed lol