• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak 33mm comparison pics?

Julioss92

Horology Curious
15/11/15
The gen has a closed back, exactly the same as this one. See here: https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspiguet/specials-quartz-33mm-ladies-royal-oak--id5614074.htm

It's a JF indeed. Apparently discontinued so you might have to check with several TDs in order to find any of these left.

Thank you so much! Been looking for a decent royal oak forever, both gen and rep. But I’ve always come to the conclusion that they are too big. My daily beater is a 36 mm DJ. So this will be perfect! Might even take one in YG as well. The perfect one would be the 37 mm, but I can’t stand the thickness.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Julioss92

Horology Curious
15/11/15
Which TD did you source it from? I really can’t find it

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

Hakro

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/5/15
I‘ve been looking for an 33mm Ap for my wife, the quality looks quite good on your pics, thanks for that. I will try to source one of it.
But is‘t the gen only made with black dial? I never saw a white one of it at any boutique over here.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I‘ve been looking for an 33mm Ap for my wife, the quality looks quite good on your pics, thanks for that. I will try to source one of it.
But is‘t the gen only made with black dial? I never saw a white one of it at any boutique over here.

You're correct, the white is a fantasy model. I'd like to see a blue actually, as I really like the classic blue/silver look of the RO, but this model seems to be long discontinued and no one has stock anymore.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Love it.

33 scaries me because of it seems pretty small.

I’ll pull the trigger with OM /JF v5 Rose Gold with black leather strap.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
V93fqF.jpg
This is what I wear right now.

my wrist is more or less 6.75” and 40/41 mm seem to be the perfect watch to me

Blue Ocean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/17
My TD doesn’t have it as well. Anyone had luck sourcing one recently?
thanks

JiHo

23/1/17
fyi, lucy has them in white, blue, two tone with white dial and gold with white dial. These are all non-frosted and no diamond bezels.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
fyi, lucy has them in white, blue, two tone with white dial and gold with white dial. These are all non-frosted and no diamond bezels.

I'd love a blue one! Is Lucy still operatig via email only?

JiHo

23/1/17
I'd love a blue one! Is Lucy still operatig via email only?

Yeah, email only as far as I know. Put up some pics if you get a blue one! It's been a favorite of mine for a long time but I somehow managed to find the last black one on the face of the earth so I bought that for now. If your blue is really good I might have to just get another one.

An6

18/3/19
Germany
I have a 7' wrist. Can I wear the 33mm model. What is your wrist length OP?
In general, more important than the wrist circumference is the wrist width. I have a 6.7 inch (17 cm) wrist size, but my wrist width is 6,1 cm (2.4 '').

Next point is, if the wrist is more flat or more rounded. On a more rounded wrist, even it it is broad (6 cm or more) a smaller watch can still look good and balanced. On the other hand, of the wrist is relatively flat like mine, a smaller watch can already look lost.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
In general, more important than the wrist circumference is the wrist width. I have a 6.7 inch (17 cm) wrist size, but my wrist width is 6,1 cm (2.4 '').

Next point is, if the wrist is more flat or more rounded. On a more rounded wrist, even it it is broad (6 cm or more) a smaller watch can still look good and balanced. On the other hand, of the wrist is relatively flat like mine, a smaller watch can already look lost.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

While I agree that there are certain configurations that are subpar for bigger watches I have a hard Time believing you couldn’t wear a 15450 with a 17cm wrist.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
While I agree that there are certain configurations that are subpar for bigger watches I have a hard Time believing you couldn’t wear a 15450 with a 17cm wrist.

You definitely can, and it doesn't look bad at all. My only concern with the 15450 is not with the genuine watch but with the replica. The best one at the moment is the JF and while it's a great watch, it still sits at around 12.5mm if my memory serves me right. It makes the proportions look weird, with 37mm wide and 12.5mm thick. The genuine one is 37mm x 9.8mm and looks really nice, but the rep looks like a mini drum to me.

Reactions: Revolper and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You definitely can, and it doesn't look bad at all. My only concern with the 15450 is not with the genuine watch but with the replica. The best one at the moment is the JF and while it's a great watch, it still sits at around 12.5mm if my memory serves me right. It makes the proportions look weird, with 37mm wide and 12.5mm thick. The genuine one is 37mm x 9.8mm and looks really nice, but the rep looks like a mini drum to me.

Yes you’re absolutely right. The proportions of the rep stock 15450 are worse than the already imperfect 15400. The gen 15450 is a beauty like all AP royal oaks and none of the rep royal oak, or AP for that matter, captures the soul and beauty of their gen counterpart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure