• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO 44mm from Noob

Kolosovsky

Renowned Member
12/8/18
Hi all,

Can anybody please describe any significant flaws of AP ROOs 44mm from Noob.
All the search over forums just gives the conclusions that JF just makes best ones w/o any comparisons.
Also who could kindly help with assessment of QC photos of Noob version?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from the RWI App

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Both Noob and JF dials are flawed but I prefer the noob subdial at 12 o’clock and also the second counter ring. The JF watch is overall better made in terms of case, crystal, finish etc but both are flawed, remember that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I like my 44mm ROO though.
5007c908191d0de0cdb30cbccffdba7e.jpg

Kolosovsky

Renowned Member
12/8/18
You have noob one?

Надіслано із мого iPhone за допомогою RWI

Kolosovsky

Renowned Member
12/8/18
Any other thoughts on AP ROO 44MM from Noob (N factory)?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Legend got a gen factory, best so far. The decoplate is top notch quality.

Kolosovsky

Renowned Member
12/8/18
Also would add that now at Intime is available “ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE 2017 44MM TITANIUM V2 JF” which is in terms of price the closest to Noob.
Maybe worth pay “extra” for it?

Kolosovsky

Renowned Member
12/8/18
But it still doesn’t help me to make a decision...

Teris

31/12/14
I'm looking at this model, too, mainly because legend keeps torturing me by posting his gen. Based on what I've read here, I thought JF V2 was way better than Noob, but interesting to hear that the Noob has some details that are better than the JF.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm looking at this model, too, mainly because legend keeps torturing me by posting his gen. Based on what I've read here, I thought JF V2 was way better than Noob, but interesting to hear that the Noob has some details that are better than the JF.

The Noob watch may not have as good a finishing overall, but I do prefer the Noob dial, for the current-period correct "2,4,6,8,10,12" markers in the subdial@12, and the correct spacing in the black second counter ring around the main dial. The JF dial has shorter markers in the subdial@12 and also longer 1-4 second counter markers in the chrono ring, which are not tells but are not aesthetically pleasing for me personally. Technically, the gen does have such a variant in the early i series but they have been long discontinued. Ideally, one can consider swapping the Noob dial into the JF watch if he really likes this model and these variances bother him. It is always down to the individual owner expectation, and such "flaws" can be subjective.
I do prefer the Noob dial and the JF build overall. That is just my opinion.

Kolosovsky

Renowned Member
12/8/18
Having read some threads and taking into account the comments regarding the imperfection in overall build, I guess I’m very close to go to ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE 2017 44MM TITANIUM V2 JF. Moreover they fixed the DW and cyclops which comparable in costs: Noob + modding = JF V2 with these mods.

stowee

Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Texas
Did you ever receive this watch? How does it look/fit?