• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-Thin In Black Ceramic

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
Just heard from dealer -it's not ceramic but PVD. Sorry to have built up your hopes only to dash them on the rocks of reality. I guess that's part and parcel of the rep world????

Reactions: vcappp

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Just heard from dealer -it's not ceramic but PVD. Sorry to have built up your hopes only to dash them on the rocks of reality. I guess that's part and parcel of the rep world????

I kinda thought so, coz there is no AP ceramic bracelet rep out there and it will need time and extra cost to get that right ...

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
Sorry everyone. I am also very disappointed. Was looking forward to strutting around wearing this bad boy

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Let’s ask VSF maker who has excellent skills in ceramic.

Is there an agreement between JF and VSF ? Why doesn’t JF replicate Omega watches? Why doesn’t VSF replicate AP watches? kobe24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
To this day I still think about the possibility of a ceramic AP Rep and I'm just faced with the crushing disappointment of pvd. I know completely impractical and unrealistic. But I can dream lmao.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
To this day I still think about the possibility of a ceramic AP Rep and I'm just faced with the crushing disappointment of pvd. I know completely impractical and unrealistic. But I can dream lmao.

AP ceramic reps do exist. Are you talking about a specific rep model?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
RO with Ceramic bracelet, nope (as least as far as i know), but ROO like the 15707 CE yes and with a pretty nice finished case IMo....

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hmmy my fault for not specifying. Are there Royal Oaks with the full bracelet? I thought there were only offshore models?

Well if you meant royal oak reps with ceramic case and bracelet, none exists for now but I won’t be surprised if one gets released in future.
A ceramic bracelet takes a lot of work to create compared with the case but it is theoretically possible once one learns to work with ceramic. The AP bracelet is intricate in construction and it isn’t easy to create one but it’s possible.

Of course we understand well that in this hobby, theoretical possibilities and the actual happenings coincide only when it is profitable for the factories.

Reactions: Allure

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
How would they go about joining the links together? I know on the stainless version the pins are just hit in and ground flat on the edges to make them invisible. Wouldn’t have a clue how they would make this work with the ceramic though.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
How would they go about joining the links together? I know on the stainless version the pins are just hit in and ground flat on the edges to make them invisible. Wouldn’t have a clue how they would make this work with the ceramic though.

on the steel bracelet the result is achieved by welding technic before the brushing stage ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh1Xww576Yc

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

Screws all up to the case for each link - makes it kinda busy from the side view in my eyes.

but that‘s the only way to join hardened ceramic if you dont want to use crazy glue lol

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Well if you meant royal oak reps with ceramic case and bracelet, none exists for now but I won’t be surprised if one gets released in future.
A ceramic bracelet takes a lot of work to create compared with the case but it is theoretically possible once one learns to work with ceramic. The AP bracelet is intricate in construction and it isn’t easy to create one but it’s possible.

Of course we understand well that in this hobby, theoretical possibilities and the actual happenings coincide only when it is profitable for the factories.

Of course. Im just being a dreamer here with no expectation of anything actually happening. A rep version of a ceramic AP would be a massive jump in the rep game thats for sure but unlikely to happen anytime soon (if ever)