• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-Thin In Black Ceramic

lucassith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/15
Thoughts on this new CHF156.000 AP?? Limited 100 pieces.
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a...oak-tourbillon-extra-thin-ceramic-introducing
bd54d9cc40370efb7dae2e5f77388215.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
I absolutly love it. I can't wait to see one in person. I've seen the 2018 explosion effect in person and I hope I get the chance to see this one too

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
thinness aside it's also not impossible to rep since we have already the updated JF tourby

Hakro

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/5/15
That’s a stunner, i totally love it.

I don’t know if it’s possible to replicate even if the Ceramic works from jf and xf are really good.

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
Love it, it's also a rather subdued tourby for once instead of the usual blingy ones. But while the groundwork is laid out with JF having done the RO tourby and quality ceramic reps getting more common, this will probably be expensive. The SS RO tourby is already around $770 - with ceramic casework, (probably) lower volume and especially a ceramic bracelet, I wouldn't be surprised if it's somwhere near 4 digits.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
kobe24 You should really suggest this watch to JF factory. This one will surely sell like hotcakes. Really looking forward to this one.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I love it. Stealthy and deadly. Would buy (a rep of it).

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Will be available after Chinese New Year. Put my name down for one already. Will post photo if I can figure out how to do it.
vtx

Seriously? With black ceramic bracelet?

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
Seriously? With black ceramic bracelet?
as far as I know yes it's ceramic. Will let you guys know after cry. I have this model in rose gold with blue face - it's simply to die for. It's not extra thin but it's beautiful
vtx

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Nice watch, but aren't all Chinese tourbillons gold-plated? This watch has a silver tourbillon, and with an all-black ceramic look, a gold tourbillon will scream out fake.

Yes, I know the argument that no one you know will have any idea what this limited edition watch actually looks like or costs. Still, I care more about obvious tells on he face of the watch rather than thickness, working powder reserve, etc.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
as far as I know yes it's ceramic. Will let you guys know after cry. I have this model in rose gold with blue face - it's simply to die for. It's not extra thin but it's beautiful
vtx

are you also an insider of the chinese rep world? If so is this a legitimate information regarding the plans of JF or any other rep maker?

If you could post some of the pics of your rose gold tourbillon you are talking about it would be much appreciated ;)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Nice watch, but aren't all Chinese tourbillons gold-plated? This watch has a silver tourbillon, and with an all-black ceramic look, a gold tourbillon will scream out fake.

Yes, I know the argument that no one you know will have any idea what this limited edition watch actually looks like or costs. Still, I care more about obvious tells on he face of the watch rather than thickness, working powder reserve, etc.

i agree with you!

The same for RM tourbillons where almost all of them are silver or PVD coated... don't know if it would be possible to work something out with SeaGull to coat their balance wheels before assembly... At least OMF and VSF did it already with their decorated A2836/2824 movements for their omegas before the 8500 clone was there.

Has to be manageable...

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
Of course it's doable, but they don't seem to care much - and another reason to maybe release a V2 later on, just look at how long it took them to correct the wrong colored gear in the the V1 RO tourby. Same as with the recent BR-X2 and FM Vanguard tourbies. The balance wheel on an A28xx movement is probably quite easy to swap out, while changing one on a tourbillon is a much harder task.

I wouldn't care much about this in other watches, but it's not just a tell, it also ruins the color scheme.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Would need to see real life, in hand pics of different angles and not poster style pics as it's usually turns out quite different, but a fan of the idea. Definitely interested to see how it will turn out

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Would need to see real life, in hand pics of different angles and not poster style pics as it's usually turns out quite different, but a fan of the idea. Definitely interested to see how it will turn out

let's face it: a specimen in real ceramic with the degree of accuracy of the current improved RO tourby would be a tremendous (read it a-la-trump) kickstart

Reactions: Miguel Piguet