• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP new collection Code 11.59 thoughts?

Less

30/9/18
DE
Hi peeps!

As far as I understood AP just launched a new collection named Code 11.59. Prices are insane high compare to a classic royal oak.

What do you think of the styles? Would someone like them to get repped? I certainly would I think that new collection is gorgeous.

lucassith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/15
It’s look like a Mont Blanc or a cheaper watch, worst collection AP could made????‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOptional

8/10/18
It's not a bad looking collection, but it's not AP DNA. It looks more like Ulysse Nardin or something other than AP.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The case is a nice attempt (nothing can compete with the RO at the moment...) what kills the watch is the cheap layout and design of the dial - and the cherry on top is the freaking 4:30 date window which looks completely like a fashion watch...

The caliber is a very nice adding to the whole AP collection (and of course to our beloved reps as it is thicker than the 3120)...

I think it is not just their biggest launch since 1972 as Francois describes it - it is also the launch with the biggest social media shit storm in their history - of course social media wasn't a thing back then hehe ;)

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
The Royal Oak has a sporty vibe, the Millenary an ornate classical vibe. This one... fashion watch? I think they're trying to bandwagon but I don't think it's good timing or appropriate for AP.

BIONONE

28/4/17
The Royal Oak has a sporty vibe, the Millenary an ornate classical vibe. This one... fashion watch? I think they're trying to bandwagon but I don't think it's good timing or appropriate for AP.

yes, pretty much - even if the finish is on par with other high horology timepieces... the dial is a complete waste of hype.

I think the case could have been a good addition (nothing more, not a competitor to ROs or ROOs) to the whole AP line in the first place but the dial layout is the biggest letdown.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
This is the low key AP Brother trying to fit in the crowd while being frivolous with money.

Reactions: SuperLory

MrOptional

8/10/18
I personally like the style of this watch. It's doesn't have AP DNA, looks like something that should be within another brand. Definitely a fashion watch, reminds me of Ulysse Nardin which I like a lot. Cool watch to wear with a sweater or a t-shirt. Pardon the crappy quality of pic.

j9KT2.jpg

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
It looks like a cheap watch. The numerals look flat to me, the dial is meh and all this marketing about the crystal and case - it’s a thick watch and not attractive. If I spend that much money I want to either stand out or have a badass watch. This is neither of those things. If there’s a rep of one, I’m not even sure I would get it. If it’s a super rep out of the box maybe just to see, but as it stands I don’t think this is good. But it’s only my opinion

Hakro

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/5/15
The code 11.59 just looks like a cheap watch even if it’s not. Maybe it’s just the pictures and in reality it looks better but it just has the style like cheap armani watches. Can’t really get warm with that thing.
Maybe AP thinks they can get more customers with that kind of style but i don’t think so.

Keylog74

14/6/13
i had a look at the gold chono yesterday and dang, the crystal can never be repped i think... never seen something that looks like a domed crystal but its flat than from side view loks like this )))) endless like like there is a circle after circle that makes the crystal...

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I think this watch will prove a lot of people wrong once it gets into greater circulation. The detail is pretty incredible as well as the mechanics and functionality of the piece. Some details are so minute (pardon the pun) that it takes 4 or 5 times to notice things like the crystal, logo, decoration, construction, etc. I can't say I'm its biggest fan at the moment but its growing on me ...

BIONONE

28/4/17
I think this watch will prove a lot of people wrong once it gets into greater circulation. The detail is pretty incredible as well as the mechanics and functionality of the piece. Some details are so minute (pardon the pun) that it takes 4 or 5 times to notice things like the crystal, logo, decoration, construction, etc. I can't say I'm its biggest fan at the moment but its growing on me ...

Have to agree on the details - but once you take the dial on its own (which is always AP strength beside the case/bracelet designs) it says nothing but reassembles a mix of fashion watch date position and an even more disappointing dial finish (lacquering a dial is nothing new and nothing revolutionary...)

So there goes a lot of potential in my opinion. The case, crystal and movement are all in all a very fine addition for a diversification of the whole AP line... But the dial is the biggest let down what is clearly the consensus after the heat cooled down a bit.

Reactions: vcappp

Less

30/9/18
DE
Unfortunately not too much love for this series... I couldn't afford an AP Gen anyway but would they rep some of these watches I'd definitely get one.

CosmoKat

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
9/1/19
United Kingdom
It looks quite different compared to other APs.. but man I do love the design. I would be happy to buy one if the rep price is no more than $400.