• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15500 41mm

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
ok i must say on that picture it looks way better than before. I agree it looks more "modern".

Reactions: vcappp

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
That datewheel on the 15500 needs adjustment lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first reaction lol

At 10plus ...

Also i kinda stay with my opinion that the dial looks extremely empty after the first two fifths

Markers are not the bad

Reactions: legend

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Question to the more knowledgable members: Why does a completely new developed movement (from AP) got a slow changing date mechanism while many others got a quick change?

And in addition: Why the hell do they photograph the change while presenting a new watch on the website...? :facepalm:

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Question to the more knowledgable members: Why does a completely new developed movement (from AP) got a slow changing date mechanism while many others got a quick change?

And in addition: Why the hell do the photograph the change while presenting a new watch on the website...? :facepalm:

i would be REALLy surprised if it started changing at 10 man...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

And in addition: Why the hell do they photograph the change while presenting a new watch on the website...? :facepalm:

I don’t think it’s a slow change movement (just a guess of course, I know nothing about the new caliber) but rather just a pic of the date getting stuck for whatever reason.
An ugly representation of a gen and the new caliber I think lol.
Gens aren’t perfect either and one day I may just create a thread to bash the various defects I’ve seen in gen APs, including my own lol.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I don’t think it’s a slow change movement (just a guess of course, I know nothing about the new caliber) but rather just a pic of the date getting stuck for whatever reason.
An ugly representation of a gen and the new caliber I think lol.
Gens aren’t perfect either and one day I may just create a thread to bash the various defects I’ve seen in gen APs, including my own lol.

Looking forward to that bashing hehe ;)

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My first reaction lol

At 10plus ...

Also i kinda stay with my opinion that the dial looks extremely empty after the first two fifths

Markers are not the bad

The 15400 dial seems to have more symmetry and balance. The markers look more refined and the dial looks more “complete” in general when compared with the 15500. Of course design and aesthetics are very subjective and I’m just stating my 2 cents.
AP seems more inclined toward making their watches “unreppable” and is willing to sacrifice design and aesthetic common sense just to thumb its nose at rep makers.
The 15500 will still be sold very well because it’s an AP Royal Oak and many will find the new design refreshing. But if the date is really a slow rolling one, I will be happy to pass on the gen. It’s one of the secret little obsessions I have with watches with the date function: I prefer instant change dates even if I don’t see the change 99.9% of the time. Lol

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Nothing comes up buddy?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Have seen people getting their new 15500 already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

then? they sell that hot 15500 for a quick profit??
wow where was it?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
On Instagram they are a few under #15500 its in the boutiques now. Some people already bought it.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
then? they sell that hot 15500 for a quick profit??
wow where was it?

I saw a guy in the Rolex Forums and I remember that I did not like the new 15500 at all... he was very happy to receive it so fast, didn't seem like he was going to sell

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
On Instagram they are a few under #15500 its in the boutiques now. Some people already bought it.

it looks like we may see the replica of 15500 from ZF faster than the genuine from AP boutique.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Looks like ZF has a gen black dial 15500. The mold is nearing completion.

Here's a pic they provided:
VIpnUD.jpg