• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15500 41mm

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I love the new modern design. just wish they moved the swiss made to the perimeter like the diver. printing on the tap squares very old skool

2ynjrpt.jpg

this looks better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
The blue colors of the 15400 and 15500 dials are pretty dynamic I think.
My sales agent from the boutique called yesterday and told me that my second blue 15400 waitlist had officially been transferred to the 15500 waitlist as AP will be discontinuing the 15400.
It might be a bit of a wait but I can do a dial color comparison when the watch is in hand if anyone is interested. Of course, I think the rep 15500 will be released before I can get my hand on the gen lol.

thanks for sharing your story with AD.

Just curious, why did you order another genuine Blue dial 15400 same watch that you already have? I mean it is quite expensive having even same model same
color watch. Is it because you are a collector? one for keeping in watch box and one for wearing actually? just pure curious.

By the way, AP transferred your waiting list spot from 15400 to 15500, how did AP AD manage the price difference between 15400 and 15500 which is $1400USD more expensive? Did they just transferred it without your approval?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Just realized that the grey market prices for the white 15400 have risen up the last nights. As the 15500 won't be available in white i think this would have been a quite stable investment hehe.

Anyways - one question for you Sir - how do you like the fact that even if you wanted the 15400 once you signed up on the list they will offer you now the 15500 with a different design and different specs? I would be a bit confused what to think about it hehe ;)

wow. how much percentage was the price hike about the white dial 15400 in the grey market?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
thanks for sharing your story with AD.

Just curious, why did you order another genuine Blue dial 15400 same watch that you already have? I mean it is quite expensive having even same model same
color watch. Is it because you are a collector? one for keeping in watch box and one for wearing actually? just pure curious.

By the way, AP transferred your waiting list spot from 15400 to 15500, how did AP AD manage the price difference between 15400 and 15500 which is $1400USD more expensive? Did they just transferred it without your approval?

I ordered the second 15400 purely for collection honestly, it wasn't intended to be worn. But unfortunately, I will now never get that piece, at least not from AP directly. ;)
It is a common practice among collectors for pieces with good market popularity actually: One for the safe, and a separate one for the wrist if he likes to wear it.
My sales agent called to explain the situation to me, and then asked if I will like to be put on the waitlist on the 15500 instead, with equal priority and allocation position for the 15400. He then quoted the price (which was S$27,000 if you are interested) It was done only after I affirmed it.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I ordered the second 15400 purely for collection honestly, it wasn't intended to be worn. But unfortunately, I will now never get that piece, at least not from AP directly. ;)
It is a common practice among collectors for pieces with good market popularity actually: One for the safe, and a separate one for the wrist if he likes to wear it.
My sales agent called to explain the situation to me, and then asked if I will like to be put on the waitlist on the 15500 instead, with equal priority and allocation position for the 15400. He then quoted the price (which was S$27,000 if you are interested) It was done only after I affirmed it.

S$ 27,000? That's not a bit price bump, maybe 1 or 2k max. I would have expected they would increase much more. Glad for you ;)

Reactions: legend

BIONONE

28/4/17
yes, the silver dial color was discontinued was apparently discontinued in the 15500, due to legibility issues, and that it was the least popular color as quoted by my agent. But I do not know if that is the truth or not, but frankly, I never took to the white/silver dial personally.
With regard to your question, G, you know that the 15400 and 15500 look (and probably will feel) very different and some like it and some do not. For those on the 15400 waitlist looking forward to their first 15400, I think they will mostly get on the 15500 bandwagon so as to continue to be on the list. A few may dislike the 15500 enough to give up their slot and buy the 15400 in the used or grey market but I think this will form the minority.
I had spent days looking at pics of the 15500 and concluded that at least from the pics, I like it. I will still keep my blue and black 15400s and evaluate how the 15500 feels on the wrist when I put it on. For now, I like the new movement, the cleaner dial, and shorter markers. But without seeing/feeling the watch in person, it is hard to provide a complete evaluation of the watch. I am sure AP must have done their homework in creating the 15500. There will be people who like it and people who do not, the same for any other new model from any brand.

Thank you for your response bro ;)

That is what i expected - as the price didn't rise this much and one could like the new design they may keep the slot. Wise move IMO as the design will grow on the majority i think - and of course you already like it from pictures hehe.

Seeing it as an investment or adding to the collection/safe i would have been doing the same (if there would be the funds hehe).

Keep me updated once you can wrap your hands around a new acquisition ;)

Reactions: vcappp and legend

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
NOTE TO JF: You should mill the edge of the Miyota 9015 main plate and use a custom DW (no DW overlay) with extended width if you want to position the date in its proper location. Do not use a DW overlay, as it will of course increase the width of the watch by almost 1mm, and your factory workers will have a tough time achieving full alignment when glueing them onto the Miyota 9015 DW. You will also want to wait until you can get a gen 15500 to see the style of the font for all dates before you contract the DW, as there are no photos on the web showing all of the date number styles yet. Please take note of the different movement deco plate design and the different rotor. You can likely forego the rotor assembly deco plate in favor of the stock Miyota 9015 assembly, which has three screws like the new AP cal. This will simplify your rotor assembly and will allow you to locate the rotor a little closer to the deco plate, allowing you to achieve better-than-gen thin-ness. (Feed this post into google translate for Chinese translation and PM if you have any further questions).

BIONONE

28/4/17
Kobe forum announced JF will work on new movement I wish clone and not miyota deco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they will never work on a clone movement which genuine counterpart is not even released...

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Movement look not easy to clone.. i though closed case back

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Kobe forum announced JF will work on new movement I wish clone and not miyota deco

what is Kobe forum? Could you please explain more? Do you mean that the RWI member kobe24 ?

iskillio

12/9/14
Movement look not easy to clone.. i though closed case back

That's an absurd statement. Why would a company that has an open caseback for literally every newer model revert back?

They will never go back to a closed caseback setup for a multitude of reasons. One being replicas

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend