• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15500 41mm

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
I think this grows on me but with Rubber Strap.
As an Oak Diver ... would love to see it.

Last edited:

edward01

Horology Curious
21/5/19
everyone noticed that there is no longer an inscription "automatic" on new watches,so, it will be easier for factories to make a replica, we will look forward to a new replica jf. I almost ordered version 5 by jf, now no longer relevant. Does anyone have information when to expect new replica?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
everyone noticed that there is no longer an inscription "automatic" on new watches,so, it will be easier for factories to make a replica, we will look forward to a new replica jf. I almost ordered version 5 by jf, now no longer relevant. Does anyone have information when to expect new replica?

It’s not true to conclude that the 15500 is easier to rep based on the absence of one word on the dial. There are a lot more details which make the repping of the 15500 a lot harder vs the 15400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well, that's your opinion. Luckily taste is always subjective. :whistle:

Careful there, bro, don't step on the JF cult worshippers! They think that the rep 15400 looks even better than any gen lol.
There is no substitute for brains and tastes, and some guys clearly lack both but go on anyway to pontificate on all threads like they know anything at all about the brand and its watches.
Sheer stupidity in action, and very amusing to watch lol.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Careful there, bro, don't step on the JF cult worshippers! They think that the rep 15400 looks even better than any gen lol.
There is no substitute for brains and tastes, and some guys clearly lack both but go on anyway to pontificate on all threads like they know anything at all about the brand and its watches.
Sheer stupidity in action, and very amusing to watch lol.

woke up on the wrong side ?

I, too, do believe the 15500 is ugly. Extremely ugly.
My opinion. Nothing to do with JF cult.

Doubt you can say that is stupid to say. Or if you say you are flipping the coin in my favor.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
woke up on the wrong side ?

I, too, do believe the 15500 is ugly. Extremely ugly.
My opinion. Nothing to do with JF cult.

Doubt you can say that is stupid to say. Or if you say you are flipping the coin in my favor.

lol, nope. Nothing to do with you or your opinion. My message was addressed to QueTip, it has nothing to do with you whatsoever. More like an insider thing.
Your opinion does not bother or interest me, and you are well-entitled to it. But what I was saying to Quetip was something else altogether, something he gets and you obviously do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure and N0tail_

Chronoss

Horology Curious
27/8/13
So I have read numerous negative comments about the OMF attempt at the 15500. I’m just interested:

- Who already has a specimen in their hands?
- What is it exactly that you see terribly wrong with it vs 15400 versions?

Im glad for anyone’s feedback, just haven’t read anything specific or clearly substantiated yet (apologies if I overlooked something!). By the way, I know we can discuss a lifetime on preference 15400 or 15500, this is really about proximity to gen, not preference on design changes.

cheers!

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Saw this yesterday on social media, though it would be fitting to this topic.

VsjMTD.jpg

All gen of course.

Its sort of growing on me but it still looks somewhat unbalanced, I don't understand why AP dropped the white dial in favour of the grey tho, I can't believe that the grey was a better seller than the White and that being the reason.

Reactions: SHB and SuperLory

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Its sort of growing on me but it still looks somewhat unbalanced, I don't understand why AP dropped the white dial in favour of the grey tho, I can't believe that the grey was a better seller than the White and that being the reason.

Agreed, grey on 15500 is a no go, silver baton on grey dial... Meh... white would be better, best version remain the blue dial even if the design for this 15500 is "empty" with a dial full of lost space.

Reactions: Spitfire63