• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SIHH 2019: AP predictions

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
For now we can only dream

XF and VSF already nailed the ceramic game. I think the main point of stopping them to develop the few full ceramic bracelet models is that they are super complicated and would cost a tremendous amount of money besides the effort... (for example the PC and the torubillon with evolution tapisserie)

Reactions: vcappp

Richard Million

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/12/18
This one is actually nice. The way the grand tapisery goes towards the hole.
27c5571cb665ccf98b4ebd025535c319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
I understand the point of all, AP changed their way and their essence of the brand a little. But this may be the beginning of a great project. Probably the new models (the simple models) may seem very simple and low quality, like MIK or DW, but see this Perpetual Calendar, it looks spectacular. And have you already saw the Openworked Skeletonized Tourbillon? I think that inside the bad there is good enough too, I personally would definitely go for that PC.

Firstly I hope the shape change doesn't apply to the whole collection as it could be just certain new models. I think the previous hexagonal case stands out and is easy identifiable . This new shape not so much , there are many great luxury watch brands that are respected, and have some history like IWC, Zenith, Blancpain, Breguet etc but amongst a bunch of watches you won't be able to tell the difference without seeing the brand name or movement as they all look quite similar . Most AP buyers are drawn towards AP because of it's unique shape, even though off course the workmanship , history and a few other factors is why they are well respected in the watch Industry.... Think of majority of the Royal Oak models and imagine that exact watch with same dial, movement and hands but with this shape , it looses it appeal in my opinion. Don't get me wrong die hard AP fans or people who just like the brand will still purchase their new watches regardless...

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
AP CEO Francois Bennahmias has said the brief on new watches was make them as hard as possible to copy, not sure whether this is aimed at the counterfeit market but might explain 15500 date position, 'double' curved 11:59 crystal and other subtle details that will be very hard to imitate which keeps the AP craftsmanship above anything else.

BIONONE

28/4/17
AP CEO Francois Bennahmias has said the brief on new watches was make them as hard as possible to copy, not sure whether this is aimed at the counterfeit market but might explain 15500 date position, 'double' curved 11:59 crystal and other subtle details that will be very hard to imitate which keeps the AP craftsmanship above anything else.

Where did he say that - would you be so kind sharing the video of the interview if possible? :)

I think the chinese factories will manage all these things if they want to ;)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
the new tapseries look a lot like my JF V2 (not the color but the tapseries itself) still don't like the 15500 :D i mean i like the design but the dial itself look cheap compared to the 15400

BIONONE

28/4/17
the new tapseries look a lot like my JF V2 (not the color but the tapseries itself)

the tapisserie pattern doesn't look like any rep. JF never made it appear so smooth and pronounced at the same time... The 33mm quartz was the only good effort regarding the texture (not speaking of the color)...

lady-royal-oak-33mm-15000-yg-jf-1-1-best-edition-blue-textured-dial-on-yg-bracelet-ronda-quartz.jpg

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
did you watch the same video as me? Because the new pattern look completely different than the old ones.

BIONONE

28/4/17
did you watch the same video as me? Because the new pattern look completely different than the old ones.

the panthographe engraves the dial the same way it did the last 15400 - just the galvanizing is different and maybe the size of the squares - but not the shape of each cut off pyramid square on the tapissserie.