• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 JF V4 brushing problems....

ferenz

Horology Curious
6/11/16
hey there,

im in the process of getting a black dial 15400 jf v4 and couldnt get hold of a version with a straight brushed bezel yet. always slightly right angled. anybody got similar experiences out there? it seems that v3 versions never suffered from this problem. does anybody know if this is a easy fix for a modder or do you think that it is not that notible on the wrist? pic shows what i mean. thanks for your input.

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
FYI, some of my gens do not have perfectly vertical brushing on the bezel as well, and have the bezel brushing angle differ from the ones on the case.
So please don't be obsessed, and if you want to nitpick, understand that the rep 15400 is flawed in many other ways, and this should not be a concern at all, or an impediment for you enjoying your watch.
Also, for those who are wondering, the "AP" logo on the crown is aligned in a random direction and will likely not be aligned in the "correct" way.
On your watch, the hands and dial tapisseries are already tells, but the "swiss made" printing is good. :)

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
FYI, some of my gens do not have perfectly vertical brushing on the bezel as well, and have the bezel brushing angle differ from the ones on the case.
So please don't be obsessed, and if you want to nitpick, understand that the rep 15400 is flawed in many other ways, and this should not be a concern at all, or an impediment for you enjoying your watch.
Also, for those who are wondering, the "AP" logo on the crown is aligned in a random direction and will likely not be aligned in the "correct" way.
On your watch, the hands and dial tapisseries are already tells, but the "swiss made" printing is good. :)

Wow-would like to see a picture of your gen with less than perfect finish-thats one reason why they command a premium price isn't it??

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Wow-would like to see a picture of your gen with less than perfect finish-thats one reason why they command a premium price isn't it??

SLScT.jpg

Not a huge difference at this point, until you get to the movement. That's a whole other story.

Reactions: legend

MrOptional

8/10/18
ferenz

I would personally not accept this watch. I had to go thru 3 QC to get mine. My fist QC was missing a marker, my 2nd QC was with terrible brushing like yours. And 3rd ended up being the fist one with the marker missing, but they put the marker back on. That's what I received, and love it.

The incorrect brushing would annoy the crap out of me.