• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph QE Cup 2016 REVIEW

APRMUSA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/18
Hi everyone. This is APRM CUSTOM JEWELER
It is my first time to be here and write a review. And I will do it from a different perspective of Replica Watch in a practical way in real life situation and how people react to it and compare to the Gen one.

I suppose to be playing with Gen Richard Mille and Audemars Piguet watch like my other friend. However, the economic downtown in China caused huge assets shrinking and this is why I am here. Lol. Ok, So I am in an environment where people wear all their 100K 200K USD RM/AP watches and drive their half million dollars cars. I always tell my friend ok this is a very good copy from China and see what they react to me. Anyway, in a social situation, I could comfortably wear these High-End AP copies and for sure no one will notice and even think about this is a rep one.

Before the Economic gone so bad in China this year. I almost went for a gen one. However, that day I went to pick up a 458 with my friend and he picked it, I accidentally met the SL65 AMG that I wanted for a long time. Consider this is an almost 72k watch for gen, I had chosen to pick up the car. Now, I am in Rep Industry and this is the first rep I purchased.

I am a huge fan of AP all the time, consider it's muscular design, forged carbon fiber material, and iconic design that people will notice from a distance that this is an AP. I don't have a very wrist so the 44MM watch fit me perfectly. Due to carbon fiber construction, the weight of this watch is acceptable not like the AP 26401.RO.OO Which is super heavy.

I took this watch back directly from China since I am a Chinese and wear it all the time. Even my business partner who has own multiple AP Richard Mille haven't noticed it when he first saw this watch. Then we took a gen AP 26401.RO.OO for compare, from a close look perspective. I find the dial on gen AP 26401.RO.OO is much glossy and the black color deepness is better. The Rep is bit matt feel finish compare to the gen one. I am not sure if the AP26401.RO.OO dial is especially glossy black or all the gen AP dial is that glossy. Also, the two metal piece that connects the strap and the watch is fixed and not movable. However the gen one is movable. I saw they have fixed it one the new JF V9 Diver. Hope JF could fix this issue on ROO series. I didn't figure out the case back is thicker than the gen one and my supplier told me that. However, it is on the back and who cares. not noticeable to me and no one can figure out when it is on your wrist.
The feel chronograph button is not crispy like the gen one. However, no one will play with it when it is on your wrist.
One thing good for the rep is it is made by PVD stainless steel. So it is harder to get scratch to compare to the real gold one. You will feel so bad when you first scratch your gen Gold AP lol, at this always happens.

Anyway when you pair this watch with the right environment like the gen one will be in, it will blend in perfectly.
For the difference between the gen and this Rep., I would rather have this rep watch and have a better car instead of the gen watch. Anyway if I have too much money to spend and don't need to consider anything else, I might get a gen one.

Hopefully, I can get some good shot for everybody to enjoy.
I have ordered more of AP ROO from China and I am a new dealer here which I stock in USA and ship in the USA. No more worry about shipping and communication with Chinese TD and chaos. I will post more watch and inventory when I receive them.

The Watch with Rolls Royce Spirit of Ecstasy. Some think the illuminated spirit of ecstasy is made by the crystal. However, it is plastic. I have driven many many rolls. There is not to much magic for a base rolls without these cool bespoke feature. You will find you are surrounded by a lot of plastic that looks like chrome metal lol. Anyway, the watch looks good on it.

IMG_0375-X3.jpg

I would hope if they can fix the color deepness on the dial. It fit good with my Mulsanne lol. Metal is metal, no cheap plastic.

IMG_0374-X3.jpg

The case back and the look of Rep CAL.3126. I have to say the cover looks super good. The polish and finish are superb.
I don't care what under the beautiful cover. for the case back, what you can see is what it is, just like car engine cover. If you don't have a gen to compare. Normal people can't determine if it is a Rep. Once you have a Gen, the difference to the eye is not major. the Gen one has much better balance wheel though. In the end, compare the price difference, this watch worth every penny.

IMG_0373-X3.jpg

The legendary Bentley 6.75L V8 twin turbo engine with the watch. I have tuned the ECU and this engine can put down 660HP and 1400NM of torque, make this 2.6ton monster feel pretty light and fast. The PVD gold finish looks good under the sunlight.

IMG_0372-X3.jpg

Thanks, Bob for making my engine. The carbon fiber finish under the sunlight has a beautiful pattern. This watch is really a piece of art.

IMG_0371-X3.jpg

China really does some magic, imagine it is impossible that we can get such a beautiful watch for such a low price.

IMG_0369-X3.jpg

The perfect combo

IMG_0368-X3.jpg

The fly B with the watch. Lucky I can get some good shot. The strap could be better. Anyone know if we can use gen strap?

IMG_0367-X3.jpg

I can stop keeping looking at this watch.

IMG_0366-X3.jpg

IMG_0365-X3.jpg

IMG_0364-X3.jpg

I will try my best to bring more and more interesting review, high-quality photos to this forum.

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
You're a new dealer now? I would PM the mods and talk to them to get some info and I'm sure you can get an SV (Supporting Vendor) status if you talk to them and get this sorted out

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
What he said above. If you plan to become a dealer on here, please contact the boss first and get approval as a SV or Dealer.

Other than that, great review :thumbsup:

Reactions: watchboi

cuba-2013

22/4/13
Montreux (France)
What does rose gold look like on your watch replica? For entire time I tried to find a watch of this color, all replicas of AP made of rose gold that I saw look completely different under different lighting conditions, it doesn’t look like real gold, color of rose gold on replica looks very copper, it looks especially bad on street without sun, it is always noticeable that it is not gold, in a room where it is not so light you can not notice, but it still looks different. Especially if real gold is nearby, difference is always noticeable. Real Rose Gold has a nice soft color, this is not transmitted in photo, if you make a photo of replica and gen. together. color on screen will be similar, but in reality, when watch next to it, color is different and very different from real gold, maybe this is due to matrix that processes color and light from photos taken. It also looked bad on Rolex and Breguet, I don’t understand why it is impossible to make right rose color.
One focus always happens, AP color on case is pure copper, it doesn’t even look like gold when you point lens, or even better on iPhone, color on screen immediately changes and looks already yellowish and looks very much like real rose gold. I don’t understand why no one is talking about this, is difference noticeable to any person, or have many not seen what rose gold looks like? In window, under bright light, only place where they look like real rose gold, in all other cases difference is always very visible. I advise everyone who is going to buy a watch with rose gold, first see how it looks on Gen.

cuba-2013

22/4/13
Montreux (France)
Or maybe someone saw or compared a model of watches made of rose gold, so that color was exactly same and different from
gen.? If it’s not difficult, please tell me what brand and model of watch it was? The only watches that looked like real gold in color were yellow gold-wrapped watches, but price was already high, and rose-gold wrapped watches were also of an old color, also a strong copper color, in real gold it is different. Maybe I didn’t look at all models of watches, and indeed there may be watches that are not distinguishable by color of real rose gold. But I looked for many watches.
Thank you in advance for your response and help with search.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Or maybe someone saw or compared a model of watches made of rose gold, so that color was exactly same and different from
gen.? If it’s not difficult, please tell me what brand and model of watch it was? The only watches that looked like real gold in color were yellow gold-wrapped watches, but price was already high, and rose-gold wrapped watches were also of an old color, also a strong copper color, in real gold it is different. Maybe I didn’t look at all models of watches, and indeed there may be watches that are not distinguishable by color of real rose gold. But I looked for many watches.
Thank you in advance for your response and help with search.

I did a comparison of gen and rep rose gold color on another thread, please do a search for it.
And in this hobby, forget about any supposedly benefits of "gold wrapping". It is just a fancier, meaningless term for gold plating. ALL gold reps are plated, the difference being in the micron thickness and also the quality of the process.

Reactions: Allure

cuba-2013

22/4/13
Montreux (France)
It turns out no one can make right color rose gold?
The yellow color can be easily repeated if ordered in work jeweler to make gilding, where gold is really applied in a very small volume and indeed service life will depend on thickness as well as price on thickness.
I know that dealers sell Watches wrapped indicate most of them that they have real gold, but in fact there is no gold, they just make right color like real gold, but there is no real gold there. Any jeweler will confirm this. I don’t understand why factories can’t put real gilding on Watch, but just make a similar color, in any workshop they will do it without problems for same money.
Just saving?
At same time, they give not reliable information to dealers, but to buyers already, that there is real gold in these watches, and they take money as much as such a procedure really costs jeweler.
They also indicate that inside real Swiss ETA movement, when you open watch, Asian ETA clone appears inside, they also expect that most will not understand Swiss or Asian movement, inscriptions are same as on Swiss movement.
Maybe I was so unlucky with the BP factory or they used to set up Swiss movement.
It was two watches that I bought from BP factory, Rolex submariner full gold blue and Rolex day-date 36mm green crocodile strap, everywhere there was an Asian movement. Although most dealers (I watched probably more than 7) indicated that this is real gold and Swiss movement.
I asked several dealers for this information and everyone answered that it was information from factory’s and they did not have other data. Submariner in color was very similar to Gen., And day-date is a different color, it’s not like Gen.
it doesn’t fit even real gold is not very similar, but it costs about 930$.
Well, if with yellow gold it is more or less clear that you can buy a similar color of real gold from a dealer or order from a jeweler to make gilding with real gold, this is more convenient for anyone.
But with rose gold, I don’t know yet how to make color look like Gen. factories all make a very copper color, and a real rose gold looks completely different in different light, and you don’t need to be a professional to always see not a real rose gold, and such replicas are not a small price, I can’t understand at all factories they don’t see what color is different?
The jeweler also does not manage to make right color, he also turns out to be too copper color. If glossy color of gold can still be confused or not noticed, then matte color is always visible.
This is only color that I still can’t find to be correct color of gold.
If you need white gold, rhodium is not expensive to make anywhere, and there will be no difference at all, since most white gold is coated with rhodium to be Scratch-resistant, since gold itself scratches very quickly because of soft metal.
In my opinion, Rolex does not apply this coating, maybe a few more delusions, rest always apply it, another reason, white gold is not a big yellow tint in 18k since yellow gold is more than 14k and sometimes it can be seen a tint, and just white gold looks like steel utensils are not always beautiful, after rhodium (belongs to platinum group of metals) color looks much more beautiful, they also still cover platinum.
And one more thing,
everyone who wanted to buy a Rolex
two-tone submariner, any gold coating that is currently on market at different prices,
1: 1 gold color, not a single factory,
I have Gen and I personally checked all models which have been produced over past 4 years, there are one or two models a bit similar, but still a different color (either strongly brick or lemon), especially if you put them together. Never believe photo, they do not show truth, in-kind you see that there is a difference, you point lens and they look same on screen. Such a trick with a photo when you take a photo of gold.
for a very long time I want to buy myself an AP, or Yacht Master 2 on rubber made of rose gold, but still have not seen right color, although photo shows a lot where it looks right.
Maybe someone owns more accurate information?
I will be grateful for new experience.